Fourth Excel Ship Ordered for a 2027 Delivery

The 200,000 GT class was supposed to be delivered starting in 2029, (according to the reports) but Josh Weinstein was saying 2027 one would be order for, so this makes sense.

For names I think maybe Holiday, Tropicale, or Festivale to keep the former ships names going like the other excels have had.

The 200,000 class (don't know what to call it) might be a little early for Fantasy class? Destiny could be a good idea since the original crossed the 100,000 line and this one would cross the 200,000. Sunshine might still be in the fleet but the Destiny name was retired 10 years ago.

There could also be a new name for either of these classes, but I think the 4th Excel will have a former ship name

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Theosprey247 said:

IF they put the new ship in Long Beach, I hope the move the Panorama to New Orleans (assuming they retire the Conquest Class).

That's where I'm at. I don't care of they retire conquest class or not. Eventually all these new ships coming in has to get New Orleans a better hand me down. Send Glory down to Mobile or something. Panorama would be great but while they're moving things I would probably suggest sending it to Miami and Horizon to New Orleans...just to change things up a bit since Horizon has been in Miami for so long and Panorama has been in California for so long.

Now that I've said that they'll probably put Panorama in Galveston and send Miracle to New Orleans.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Theosprey247 said:

IF they put the new ship in Long Beach, I hope the move the Panorama to New Orleans (assuming they retire the Conquest Class).

Conquest Class will be with us for a while. Sunshine class and Fantasy class take up the oldest five ships (1996-2000).

California isn't fond of LNG, so I doubt the Excel class will ever be based there. I also don't see New Orleans getting an upgrade yet. If they do, it will be the Dream class.

• Like 1

Think I already called this (new order) a couple months ago….. but still nice to see.  I would be shocked to see her in CA.  Look for a surprise in home ports coming for this baby.

3 hours ago, pe4all said:

Another ship too large for my taste.  Will stick to the “smaller”ships.

Depending on what your taste is…..  Smaller in your estimation is ….what size?

3 hours ago, pe4all said:

Another ship too large for my taste.  Will stick to the “smaller”ships.

Interesting move and it will be interesting to see where they put her. Long Beach strikes me as a challenge but is the next logical choice unless you want 2 of the Excels working out of either Miami or PC replacing either Horizon or Vista as the #2 in their respective ports. IF the new build goes to any of those locations, I'd sure be pleased to see one of the Vistas or Dreams move to New Orleans as the 7 day replacing Liberty. And IF that can happen and there's further ship dancing without any immediate retirements, perhaps Liberty to Mobile and Spirit to San Juan?

Just spit ballin'.

• Like 1

One of the problems I see putting the 4th Excel class in Long Beach is Cabo.  They would either have to do a Puerto Vallarta/Mazatlan/Ensenada cruise or start tendering with the Excel class ships.

And then if they continue doing the 6/8 day rotation as they are going to start doing with the Panorama, where do they go for the 6 day cruises if they can't tender in Cabo?

Edited by spencercoop
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spencercoop said:

One of the problems I see putting the 4th Excel class in Long Beach is Cabo.  They would either have to do a Puerto Vallarta/Mazatlan/Ensenada cruise or start tendering with the Excel class ships.

And then if they continue doing the 6/8 day rotation as they are going to start doing with the Panorama, where do they go for the 6 day cruises if they can't tender in Cabo?

I'm not even sure the CAN do it on a 7 day. That would require using only ONE sea day between either Ensenada and PV or between Mazatlan and Ensenada on the way back. I suspect that'll really mess with the port times if it even doable at all.

2 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I'm not even sure the CAN do it on a 7 day. That would require using only ONE sea day between either Ensenada and PV or between Mazatlan and Ensenada on the way back. I suspect that'll really mess with the port times if it even doable at all.

It would have to be something similar to this like NCL does with some of their Mexican Riviera cruises.  You end up with a short visit to Mazatlan.

Screen Shot 2024-02-13 at 3.00.11 PM.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Theosprey247 said:

They could drop Cabo and add La Paz or some other port. 

Remember the experts also said they won’t put a Vista class in LB. 

The problem with substituting La Paz for Cabo is the distance.  La Paz is farther than Cabo so they couldn't make it work with one sea day.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Interesting move and it will be interesting to see where they put her. Long Beach strikes me as a challenge but is the next logical choice unless you want 2 of the Excels working out of either Miami or PC replacing either Horizon or Vista as the #2 in their respective ports. IF the new build goes to any of those locations, I'd sure be pleased to see one of the Vistas or Dreams move to New Orleans as the 7 day replacing Liberty. And IF that can happen and there's further ship dancing without any immediate retirements, perhaps Liberty to Mobile and Spirit to San Juan?

Just spit ballin'.

I'd guess a second out of PC or Miami and Mardi Gras or Celebration picks up some of the shorter cruises, especially with Celebration Key opening and its ability to have two Excel ships at the same time.  They'll want to keep that as busy as possible - some shorter cruises on the bigger ships would solve that problem...

• Like 3

Just now, cmichael1221 said:

I'd guess a second out of PC or Miami and Mardi Gras or Celebration picks up some of the shorter cruises, especially with Celebration Key opening and its ability to have two Excel ships at the same time.  They'll want to keep that as busy as possible - some shorter cruises on the bigger ships would solve that problem...

That's another possibility.  Royal Caribbean is starting to put Oasis class ships on the 3/4 day cruises.  I could possibly see Carnival putting one of the Excel class doing 3/4 day cruises to compete.  Or maybe even one of the Vista class ships.

53 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Biggest for me being Dream class- and even that is almost too large.   Sailed on Horizon - too big, though our Havana aft wrap made it okay.   Really like Conquest class.  Splendor and Spirit class are good for me, also.  I will no doubt try Venezia at some point, as NY is my homeport.   Sometimes bigger is not better - lol!

Edited by pe4all

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

Just spit ballin'.

I think the big question for 2027 is will there be any retirements? Sunshine is scheduled for an early 2025 drydock - if that still happens Carnival could have 28 ships in the fleet instead of 27 for the second half of 2027. That might allow for summer service out of Mobile, additional summer service out of Tampa, etc.

If Sunshine is retired when the new ship comes on board, I would expect a Dream-class ship in Norfolk, a Vista-class replacing a Dream-class in Galveston, and the new ship replacing a Vista-class in Port Canaveral or Galveston.

I wonder what condition Sunshine is in places like the engines. I think they wanted to keep Ecstasy for longer but it needed 20-40 million dollar engine repairs (I can't remember the exact number) When it was beached it was all bright and in great condition from what you could see at least

I still stand on the fact that New Orleans can support an Excel class ship. They are already working on the river to support larger ships. I guess I need to just be thankful that we get some Celebration Key sailings.

• Like 1

If we are putting our wishes out in the universe I would love more than one ship in Europe for the season. Also something in the larger variety. It would be so nice if they didn’t split Northern and Southern itineraries.

• Like 1