Most Traveled Passenger Lunch

karatemom2

Question for those that have attended a "Most Traveled Passenger" Luncheon - I'm guessing there are a number of you here who have based on being loyal Princess cruisers for many years. My DH is really looking forward to getting the invite one day - we will go over 350 days with our cruise this summer. That seems like a lot to us, but then we attend the Captain's Circle parties and the top Princess cruisers usually have days in the thousands. So, one wonders if we will ever make the cut, no matter how many cruises we manage to take. Mind you, we intend to keep cruising with Princess for many years to come - I'm not even retired yet. But will we ever catch up? Who knows?

So, for those of you who have attended, what was the number of days you had when you first were invited? And, what was the lowest number of days for anyone that you know made the list? DH is so hopeful, but perhaps I need to manage expectations!

1 minute ago, Coral said:

You have a better chance of making the cut in Alaska than some other routes with those numbers.

Well we do love Alaska! Considering a cruise in September if we can make it work - it's between that and a New England cruise, but we do love going out of San Francisco and saving the flying part. I'm not holding out much hope for our Norway cruise this summer - it's looking like a very popular choice!

Alaska is the easiest because it is such a one time experience for so many. As we used to say it attracts the newly wed and the nearly dead. We have 500 days and never expect anything our last cruise had a cutoff of 700 days. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Well we do love Alaska! Considering a cruise in September if we can make it work - it's between that and a New England cruise, but we do love going out of San Francisco and saving the flying part. I'm not holding out much hope for our Norway cruise this summer - it's looking like a very popular choice!

Just a note sailings out of SF seem to have a very high threshold. It seems there are a lot of people who only like to cruise out of SF. When we sail from Seattle and Vancouver we seem to have a better shot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

I should have said Alaska but not out of San Francisco. Mostly the one way routes.

I would guess "no" on Norway but the cruise is amazing and you will love it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well perhaps a Vancouver B2B is in our future at some point. We did that several years ago when our kids were younger and it was nice having all that extra port and glacier time. Honestly, I never get tired of Alaska.

• Like 2

The other itinerary used to be Tahiti when the former Renaissance ships (aka the "Little Girls") were there. Again, it had a large number of first time cruisers. We received our first MTP invite with just over 200 days on the Pacific Princess. Since then we've had one other invite, but I don't remember which cruise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

And here I am an Elite with 66 days due to double credits on solo bookings 😅

We thought we would never be Elite but it turned out that we were Elite on our 14th cruise. Even though we had done a couple of really short cruises due to work we still made Elite on Days at Sea after only 13 cruises. When we disembark after the April 3rd Eclipse cruise we will have a total of 23 Princess cruises and 269 days at sea with Princess. I don't expect to ever make it to the Most Traveled Luncheon. We are just fine with that.

On the other hand we have visited 43 US National Parks (some of them several times) and will "collect" 2 or 3 more this summer. Cross country camping with our tiny little teardrop trailer is what we do in addition to cruising. Our "best" camping trip so far was 7 weeks up to Fairbanks, Alaska and back.

• Like 4

I've been told (not experienced) that your best bet would be Seattle since it is an easy destination for most new passengers.  

LA and SF to Alaska/Mexico/California Coastal seems to be cherished by many long time passengers due to the sea days and ease of getting to the ports.  

I'm still waiting my turn.  Seems as though...as my number of days goes up, I get further and further away.

A currently booked cruise might give me a decent shot.  ONLY 2 pages on the Roll Call, ship seems empty, and lots of new Cruise Critic posters (less than 100 posts) on Roll Call.  Crossing my fingers.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, karatemom2 said:

Well perhaps a Vancouver B2B is in our future at some point. We did that several years ago when our kids were younger and it was nice having all that extra port and glacier time. Honestly, I never get tired of Alaska.

We got invited on B2B roundtrip Vancouver cruises but each time to Alaska & on CA Coastal cruises it has a cocktail party for us. Years ago when I had 160 days I was the #6 MTP…that’ll never happen again. 😂 Our only lunch was on a Hawaii cruise with about 350 days & we barely made the cutoff. We’ll hit 500 days on our next cruise although the more we cruise the further away we get from another MTP invitation…but it’s fun trying by sailing more often. 😉

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 6

We were invited to MTP twice, in AK when we had only about 175 days (2014 - cocktail party) and in early 2020 13 day around New Zealand with 320 days (lunch). Surprised the heck out of us both times!

• Like 1

We were on an Alaskan cruise up and back to Seattle.  We were invited to the cocktail party.  More recently we were invited to the luncheon with a little over 300 days but doubt that will happen again for several years.  We now have a bead on the 500 day mark.  

• Like 1

June last year we were invited to the MTP at around 400 days.   I think we just scraped in.   Round trip to Alaska out of Seattle.   
Next cruise out of Southampton to Norway we missed by 1400 days.

February cruise, 10 day Panama Canal we were 4 and 5 most travelled.   
Shorter cruises are heavy in first time cruisers.   Longer the cruise, more Elite.   
Laundry return times are a good measure of the number of Elites on board.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coral said:

You have a better chance of making the cut in Alaska than some other routes with those numbers.

Another might be a partial PC voyage from FLL on an older ship?  Worked for someone I know with < 250 days.

• Like 1

I guess I was just lucky we just made platinum and we were invited to the luncheon, but it was in Alaska. we have been on over 40 cruises and never been invited to the luncheon in the Caribbean go figure.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Coral said:

We made it to the cocktail party on an Alaska cruise (out of Seattle) with less than 180 days. 

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

The lowest I’ve ever seen while on a cruise was just over 200 days but that was back during the reduced capacity sailings after the restart.  There were only 800+ passengers onboard.  
We were recently invited to the MTP cocktail party on a short sailing out of SF.  We are surprised being invited out of SF as so many passengers seem to have a bazillion days onboard these sailings.  I think the cutoff was somewhere around 400 days.  

• Like 1

Hit and miss these days.  We have just under 500 days and sometimes we get invited and sometimes not.  In the past 3 years we have been on 12 cruises with Princess and have been invited 3 times.  Just off 3 btbtb Mexican 7 day cruises out of San Pedro and the cutoff numbers were around 560 the first week, 780 the second, and 600 the third.  There are tons of Elites on these sailings.

As others have noted, Alaska is a good bet for a lower cutoff number, but so are cruises in the Mediterranean.

Good luck!

• Like 1

The lowest we have seen lately was around 250 to 300 on the one way from Vancouver to Whittier and return last summer.  Did see mid 300s on a Mexican Riveria in early 2023.

Most others have been 600 days or more. 

• Like 1

The luncheon is now referred to as the MTG, Most Traveled Guests.  On our recent TA on the Enchanted, the cut-off was 880 days.  The most traveled Guest had 2,000+ days! 

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

The luncheon is now referred to as the MTG, Most Traveled Guests.  On our recent TA on the Enchanted, the cut-off was 880 days.  The most traveled Guest had 2,000+ days! 

On the Feb 6 Panama Canal cruise on the Emerald the most travel had over 3000 days and was recognized as having the most of any couple on the line. 2nd and third places were over 2200. The cutoff for most traveled was over 700. There were only around 200 Elites on board.

• Like 2