Live-ish on our First non Celebrity Cruise. Scenic Eclipse II: Chile to French Polynesia. 13 March to 1 April.

Redking

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: . . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Redking was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Our first time dipping our toes in non-Celebrity waters. After 13 years of cruising exclusively with Celebrity we’ve taken the plunge and decided to spread our wings and try other cruising options.

First stop is Scenic Eclipse and the second of what they describe as ultra-luxury discovery yachts. We pondered moving over to the smaller ships but were concerned we might not like the smaller number of passengers. I guess we’re all or  nothing kind of people as the Scenic Eclipse yachts have a maximum 0f 224 guests, with a maximum of 200 in the Polar regions.

Screenshot2024-03-12085935.png.c9e6f3b34b0852f61771fefa57f9239b.png

It’s an itinerary with some interesting cultural and historical inclusions:

Screenshot2024-03-10180751.png.17266b9ee4826c170f2c513046db0a4a.png

I think that most people are more familiar with the river cruise division of Scenic’s business. The Ocean cruises started in 2019 with the launch of the first yacht, followed last year with the launch of Scenic Eclipse II.

I’ll be posting live-ish on the Scenic Forum, so please feel free to follow the link and experience the Scenic through the eyes of a newbie. Any questions, ask away.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2996736-live-ish-journey-across-the-pacific-easter-island-french-polynesia-on-scenic-eclipse-ii/#comment-67067824 

Cheers, Kim

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, peanut head said:

Thank you for taking us along and have a wonderful time!

A lovely yacht, in lovely waters, sailing a lovely itinerary. Beyond being spoiled and pampered - as you should be - your photo ops will be beautiful. It will be great to see what this level of cruising is all about. Very kind of you to let us know.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

interesting itin and  alternate cruise line/ ship....Not familiar with it at all but will be interesting like Jim's Ponant journey!

We have friends disembarking after what looks like an amazing Antarctica trip. Funny, when she told me they were on Eclipse, I automatically thought Celebrity since Eclipse is in the same region.

I look forward to reading about your adventure and am happy you’re taking us all along.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I guess I don't understand why you would post this in the Celebrity forum....

I enjoy it when a frequent Celebrity traveler shares their experience on a different cruise line. I value their opinion much more than other reviews of the new cruise line because, as a frequent Celebrity cruiser myself, they are able to inform me how the experience compares to Celebrity. Additionally, this is the posters home turf where she is known and her opinion is respected. That is my understanding of why and most may disagree with me, but I will follow along!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 3/12/2024 at 4:24 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Because many Celebrity regulars frustrated with the changes of the last 18 months are looking for alternatives.  After 65+ we sailed Windstar Motor Yacht in January and leave for another one next week.  Will return to Celebrity this summer, but no longer exclusively.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 1:24 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

???

Well, After 13+ years with X, she has a lot of friends here and apparently wanted to give us a heads-up on what else is available.

I mean, after all, all she did was post a link to where she's actually doing the Live...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2024 at 1:18 PM, Redking said:

Our first time dipping our toes in non-Celebrity waters. After 13 years of cruising exclusively with Celebrity we’ve taken the plunge and decided to spread our wings and try other cruising options.

First stop is Scenic Eclipse and the second of what they describe as ultra-luxury discovery yachts. We pondered moving over to the smaller ships but were concerned we might not like the smaller number of passengers. I guess we’re all or  nothing kind of people as the Scenic Eclipse yachts have a maximum 0f 224 guests, with a maximum of 200 in the Polar regions.

Screenshot2024-03-12085935.png.c9e6f3b34b0852f61771fefa57f9239b.png

It’s an itinerary with some interesting cultural and historical inclusions:

Screenshot2024-03-10180751.png.17266b9ee4826c170f2c513046db0a4a.png

I think that most people are more familiar with the river cruise division of Scenic’s business. The Ocean cruises started in 2019 with the launch of the first yacht, followed last year with the launch of Scenic Eclipse II.

I’ll be posting live-ish on the Scenic Forum, so please feel free to follow the link and experience the Scenic through the eyes of a newbie. Any questions, ask away.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2996736-live-ish-journey-across-the-pacific-easter-island-french-polynesia-on-scenic-eclipse-ii/#comment-67067824 

Cheers, Kim

I'm looking forward to following along.  I prefer small ships yet 200 passengers seems awfully small to me, so I eagerly await your impressions.

• Like 1