Reserving Suite Complimentary 1st Night Specialty Dining

vakamalua

Will be in a full suite on next cruise.  When I try to reserve the complimentary specialty dining for the 1st night (embarkation day), the app asks me to authorize payment to my credit card.  How does this work to reserve without paying?  Thanks.

We never reserve in advance. We just call the dine line when we board and arrange a time. They know that they need to save space for full suites. Or if you are on a Royal class ship just see the concierge when you board. We have never had a problem and we have booked full suites for 10 years

• Like 2

1 minute ago, candy4040 said:

When on board go to guest services and ask for refund.  Or wait until you board and contact the suite concierge and they will reserve the suite for you. 

Again concierge lounges only exist on some ships

2 hours ago, vakamalua said:

Will be in a full suite on next cruise.  When I try to reserve the complimentary specialty dining for the 1st night (embarkation day), the app asks me to authorize payment to my credit card.  How does this work to reserve without paying?  Thanks.

Just like @suekel we booked in the app for embarkation night and we were not charged.  It zeroed out at the end of the transaction.  If it doesn't and expects you to input card information...

2 hours ago, memoak said:

We never reserve in advance. We just call the dine line when we board and arrange a time. They know that they need to save space for full suites. Or if you are on a Royal class ship just see the concierge when you board. We have never had a problem and we have booked full suites for 10 years

Then do what @memoak suggests and contact the dine line once on board or visit the concierge lounge to have them get you reservations.  Yet another reason to get on board as soon as possible on embarkation day.  I have usually left comped first night specialty dining reservations to chance and booked them once on board or through the concierge after getting on board.

• Like 1

We'll be in a full suite on an upcoming cruise.  I booked the complimentary 1st night specialty dining at Crown Grill through the Princess app just now.  My credit card account shows a $78 charge from Princess but also a credit for the same amount.  It's a wash.  I'm happy! 

For those that may not know: you do not need to reserve the suite complimentary speciality dining ahead of time. Make the reso once you get on board. They hold tables for the suites. You will not have a problem getting a table at whatever restaurant you choose.

• Like 2

I have never been able to reserve a suite dinner via the app.  I gave up. Others have been successful. I just call the fine line when I get on board. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have never been able to reserve a suite dinner via the app.  I gave up. Others have been successful. I just call the fine line when I get on board. 

Same. Just call the Dine Line. They will take care of it.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

And there is no need to suites have a guarantee 

Kinda dumb, the old app showed the no charge on the last page, the new one charges your card -- I never let it sit long enough to show a credit I guess, I cancel as soon as the charge shows up.  Seems a waste for them, to do it that way especially without a note saying that's what they're doing - typical Princess shenanigans,  We usually go to Sabatinis so we stop in there on our embarkation walkaround and see the person at the desk, could do the same at the other one.. 

57 minutes ago, Papa Yoda said:

Kinda dumb, the old app showed the no charge on the last page, the new one charges your card -- I never let it sit long enough to show a credit I guess, I cancel as soon as the charge shows up.  Seems a waste for them, to do it that way especially without a note saying that's what they're doing - typical Princess shenanigans,  We usually go to Sabatinis so we stop in there on our embarkation walkaround and see the person at the desk, could do the same at the other one.. 

And have you ever had a problem on embarkation day we haven’t and Sabatini’s is kind of out go to on embarkation night

There is never a need to reserve your first night free specialty dining if you are in a suite. They will always accommodate your request. Wait until you board.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lljost said:

There is never a need to reserve your first night free specialty dining if you are in a suite. They will always accommodate your request. Wait until you board.

Yes indeed 

6 hours ago, I object 2 said:

We'll be in a full suite on an upcoming cruise.  I booked the complimentary 1st night specialty dining at Crown Grill through the Princess app just now.  My credit card account shows a $78 charge from Princess but also a credit for the same amount.  It's a wash.  I'm happy! 

Do you have the Premier package?

We'll be in a suite on the Enchanted.  I see they have a Concierge Lounge; is there  a Concierge on duty in the lounge?  Hours?  Open on embarkation?  Assume they could make the 1st night specialty arrangement.  Thanks

1 hour ago, vakamalua said:

We'll be in a suite on the Enchanted.  I see they have a Concierge Lounge; is there  a Concierge on duty in the lounge?  Hours?  Open on embarkation?  Assume they could make the 1st night specialty arrangement.  Thanks

Yes the lounge will be open on embarkation day and can make your reservation for you or just call the dine line

Any chance of getting the 'suite 1st night specialty dining' perk moved to another night when you call the Dine Line once you're on board? Think we would enjoy it more if it was a bit later in the cruise rather than on embarkation day which can be a little hectic.

5 minutes ago, svend52 said:

Any chance of getting the 'suite 1st night specialty dining' perk moved to another night when you call the Dine Line once you're on board? Think we would enjoy it more if it was a bit later in the cruise rather than on embarkation day which can be a little hectic.

You can ask but there may be limited time slots. They keep more tables open for suites on embarkation night. We have almost always been able to get reservations other nights but we like to eat later than most cruisers. If you want to eat at 5:00 or so it may be much harder

3 hours ago, svend52 said:

We did this once.  It was on the Royal Princess, and the Suite Concierge was able to accommodate our request to move our complimentary specialty dinner to Day 2.