The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday March 16th, 2024

kazu

Posted (edited)

I hadn't realized that the Daily came into being after, not before, my first HAL cruise in January 2020 -- but now I understand that I was conflating it with the fleet report, which already existed.

I think that rotisserie chicken needs to be made in a rotisserie, not some other kitchen appliance. Maybe I will write a cookbook with recipes like Mixmaster rotisserie chicken or air-fryer mayonnaise. Just thinking about the cocktail makes my head ache. Pleased to see a cardboardeaux even though it's not my favorite brand. Not much Finger Lakes wine makes its way into boxes, and the boxed reds are all sweet.

Nevertheless, I would have liked so-called rotisserie chicken tonight. What I actually had was roasted Brussels sprouts, made yesterday; hard-boiled eggs, the last in the carton; and chickpea pasta, which I won't buy again.

I was going to post the Okeedokee Corrall cartoon, but got skunked. Today when I was making the cloud observation, the neighbor's dogs came over and barked loudly and for a long time (through a fence). They're very excitable but they ought to recognize me by now.

dogtranslator.thumb.jpg.f2f2a6613110e948b099b7008ab2030e.jpg

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 11
  • Haha 5

Good evening and Happy Anniversary to the Daily. Thank you to Rich @richwmn for creating such a great space for us all to share and Be Kind to each other. 

I missed some birthdays, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, Mitzi @Overhead Fred,  and Mrs @VMax1700.  There were others but I don’t remember now, sorry. Bon Voyage to @Suslor, @RedneckBob, and @Crazy For Cats.  Pennie @Nickelpenny, congratulations on winning the cruise and welcome home!  Great pictures of the sweet baby girls, Little Miss Camilla @smitty34877 and Baby Murphy @cruising sister. Sandi @StLouisCruisers, congratulations on the twin boys in your family. Ann @Vict0riann, ouch on your DD’s fracture. I’m hoping she heals quickly. Graham @grapau27, I’m so sorry about your situation. It’s understandable that Pauline is still upset. I’ve never been close with my brother but we still talk occasionally, I can’t imagine being estranged. 

Yesterday was difficult for me. DM’s walker fell apart and I purchased one on Amazon as a replacement and took it to her yesterday so we could get to her annual physical. (The center had loaned her one temporarily.) I had purposely picked one out that was lightweight, approximately 11 lbs, since I would be the one putting it in and taking it out of the car. When I picked her up she decided she didn’t like and wanted a heavy duty one like the loaner. Long story short we ended up buying a 19 lb one and will use the lightweight one for going out. And it now sits in the back of my car since she doesn’t have room to store it. At the physical the doctor asked about memory and DM pointed to me saying she thinks I have a problem. So, of course, she passed the test. I kept my mouth shut but wanted to tell them that they didn’t ask the right questions. After having lunch I was able to get the address corrected for the state and they will send the tax form but wasn’t able to get the Air Force retiree address corrected. However, I do have that form because it made it to my DS who now owns her old townhouse. Whew!

Sorry for the long diatribe, it’s just been really hard and I don’t have anyone to talk to except Craig and he hears it all the time. 

Have a good evening all!  Thank you for being here. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 9

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I was lucky and had a Leave It To Beaver childhood.  While Mom and Dad weren't perfect and made their mistakes, they always strived to do the right thing.  My dad vowed that he would make sure his kids had a stable home and loving parents.  They were the Mom and Dad who went to every Little League game, all the Band Concerts, the PTA meetings, Pee Wee Football, and a host of other activities we were involved in.  Mom was a Bluebird Mom when there was no one to lead the group and sister Barb wanted to be a Bluebird (older girls were Camp Fire Girls).  The band kids built their Homecoming float in our garage several years in a row.  And I'll never forget the time Dad took off for family hour swimming at the pool with 22 kids in the back of the car.  

We were also blessed with the family across the street.  Pop Hop was an art teacher and Mom Hop was the neighborhood mother.  There was always something cooking on the stove and if you were hungry, you pulled a bowl out of the cupboard, ladled out whatever was in the pot, and sat down and ate.  They owned a coney dog stand in town and if Mom Hop was taking the coney sauce down to the store, you went with her and everyone got a coney dog.  

My childhood was also a Leave It To Beaver childhood with my grandparents living two to five blocks from us.  That changed to some extent when I was in the fifth grade when my mother became ill with what was diagnosed a year later as MS.  They did their best to see that my childhood remained as normal as possible with my father attending all the important events.  He even formed a car pool with two mothers.  He drove us to school and the mothers would alternate weeks picking us up.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just checking in real quick.

i have been super busy and will try better to post.

As for my friend, Anita, I have no news.  I have no idea where she is or where to even to start looking for her,.

She is not in the hospital, they will not even tell me is she was ever there.   I haven’t called the Doctor’s office because they will not give me any info due to privacy concerns.

She does not answer her phone and the cell phone number I have is the wrong number.

So i am completely lost.

@JazzyV, Vanessa,  if you wish you can take her off the list if you wish.  i am sure she needs prayers but I am at a total loss.  

I don’t travel in the same circle of friends as she does so I don’t know them.  

She and I are linked because our husbands were schoolmates in High School.  

There’s more to this story but I won’t go into it.  

i want to help her, but if I can’t find her, I can’t help.

Thanks for the prayers.

Terri

Terri, I'm sorry you can't find out how your friend is doing.  Hopefully, the surgery was successful, and she's in a rehab facility.

5 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening and Happy Anniversary to the Daily. Thank you to Rich @richwmn for creating such a great space for us all to share and Be Kind to each other. 

I missed some birthdays, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, Mitzi @Overhead Fred,  and Mrs @VMax1700.  There were others but I don’t remember now, sorry. Bon Voyage to @Suslor, @RedneckBob, and @Crazy For Cats.  Pennie @Nickelpenny, congratulations on winning the cruise and welcome home!  Great pictures of the sweet baby girls, Little Miss Camilla @smitty34877 and Baby Murphy @cruising sister. Sandi @StLouisCruisers, congratulations on the twin boys in your family. Ann @Vict0riann, ouch on your DD’s fracture. I’m hoping she heals quickly. Graham @grapau27, I’m so sorry about your situation. It’s understandable that Pauline is still upset. I’ve never been close with my brother but we still talk occasionally, I can’t imagine being estranged. 

Yesterday was difficult for me. DM’s walker fell apart and I purchased one on Amazon as a replacement and took it to her yesterday so we could get to her annual physical. (The center had loaned her one temporarily.) I had purposely picked one out that was lightweight, approximately 11 lbs, since I would be the one putting it in and taking it out of the car. When I picked her up she decided she didn’t like and wanted a heavy duty one like the loaner. Long story short we ended up buying a 19 lb one and will use the lightweight one for going out. And it now sits in the back of my car since she doesn’t have room to store it. At the physical the doctor asked about memory and DM pointed to me saying she thinks I have a problem. So, of course, she passed the test. I kept my mouth shut but wanted to tell them that they didn’t ask the right questions. After having lunch I was able to get the address corrected for the state and they will send the tax form but wasn’t able to get the Air Force retiree address corrected. However, I do have that form because it made it to my DS who now owns her old townhouse. Whew!

Sorry for the long diatribe, it’s just been really hard and I don’t have anyone to talk to except Craig and he hears it all the time. 

Have a good evening all!  Thank you for being here. 

Sharon, thanks for the belated birthday wishes.  I'm sorry you week was so trying.  Would it be possible for you to have a talk with your DM"s doctor to let him or her know your concerns?

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

I hadn't realized that the Daily came into being after, not before, my first HAL cruise in January 2020 -- but now I understand that I was conflating it with the fleet report, which already existed.

I think that rotisserie chicken needs to be made in a rotisserie, not some other kitchen appliance. Maybe I will write a cookbook with recipes like Mixmaster rotisserie chicken or air-fryer mayonnaise. Just thinking about the cocktail makes my head ache. Pleased to see a cardboardeaux even though it's not my favorite brand. Not much Finger Lakes wine makes its way into boxes, and the boxed reds are all sweet.

Nevertheless, I would have liked so-called rotisserie chicken tonight. What I actually had was roasted Brussels sprouts, made yesterday; hard-boiled eggs, the last in the carton; and chickpea pasta, which I won't buy again.

I was going to post the Okeedokee Corrall cartoon, but got skunked.

dogtranslator.thumb.jpg.f2f2a6613110e948b099b7008ab2030e.jpg

Paul, many air fryers that are the non-basket type have a rotisserie attachment. I use mine for cooking Cornish hens.  I haven't tried a chicken in there yet.  Sorry about skunking you with the meme, but it happens to all of us at times.

Lenda

• Like 13

7 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

So, DD is not in a cast, just a cloth sling.  The doctor told her that her BP is too low and to cut her dose in half.  (Being the Mom, I had already told her that.)  

Good news on your DD’s sling.  That’s a lot more comfortable than a cast.  I am guessing it is braced?  Even if it is, a lot better than a cast.  Glad she is able to come home 👍 

@Sharon in AZ so sorry for all the trials and tribulations you have been going through.  😔. I hope you can get through to your DM’s doctor

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1