Decoy wine in Luminae and retreat no up charge

George C

I know some have posted a problem or extra cost for decoy, we are currently on Summit and have had a couple of glasses of decoy in Luminae and in retreat no charge . I was surprised that they did charge me 25 and tip for corkage in Le Petit Chef, we do have drink package and this is the first time in several years that we were charged, will discuss this with concierge later.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, George C said:

I was surprised that they did charge me 25 and tip for corkage in Le Petit Chef, we do have drink package and this is the first time in several years that we were charged,

I'm assuming you discussed the charge with your server/sommelier...what was the reason given?

Good to know about the Decoy.  Wonder if this is consistent fleet-wide? 

Decoy was added back to the Premium package in late Jan. It was only above the Premium for a couple or three weeks. Price went down the third or fourth day of our late Jan. cruise. It was fleet wide. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Decoy was moved back to the Premium package within a couple of weeks of the initial cutting some wines from the package.  Red Condundrum, Cherry Pie and Cherry Tart are still above the package limit.

We were just on Connie last week and I asked for Macallan in the Retreat Lounge.  They told me there’s a $2 upcharge even in the Lounge.  I had a direct conversation to show my displeasure about it with the Suite Manager and didn’t have to pay the upcharge the entire week.  Hopefully they will retreat in the crazy business of up charging for nominally better products.  I don’t mind it for expensive bottles, but for Macallan Quest or Decoy wine, it’s unacceptable. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Corkage? Did you order a bottle? 

We brought a bottle from home , in past few years we were not charged any corkage. Wall the single malts like Macallen Glenlivet etc do not have an age listed , home they only sell 12 year olds . We received two liters of liquor because of our royal suite picked Hennessy cognac and Glenlivet.

11 hours ago, George C said:

I know some have posted a problem or extra cost for decoy, we are currently on Summit and have had a couple of glasses of decoy in Luminae and in retreat no charge . I was surprised that they did charge me 25 and tip for corkage in Le Petit Chef, we do have drink package and this is the first time in several years that we were charged, will discuss this with concierge later.

In the Webinar today --- Laura specifically said many of the wines that had been placed out of the Premium Package had been put back at a price in the Premium Package.   She specifically mentioned Decoy. 

• Like 3

Don’t understand the corkage fee.   We were on the Constellation last week  in a SS and Decoy was included.   It was also included in the premium pack when we were on the Beyond a few months ago. 

Get in touch with Guest Relations or better yet the host in the Retreat lounge.  

Something is fishy.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Did you bring your own wine onboard?  If so there will be a corkage fee unless you have a drinks package - even in the retreat. From their website 

When consumed in a shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25. Corkage fees do not apply to guests who have a Classic or Premium Beverage Package.”

https://www.celebritycruises.com/int/faqs/faq-fragments/enjoying-your-cruise-fragments/beverage-packages

Edited by Stu UK
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Did you bring your own wine onboard?  If so there will be a corkage fee unless you have a drinks package - even in the retreat. From their website 

When consumed in a shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25. Corkage fees do not apply to guests who have a Classic or Premium Beverage Package.”

https://www.celebritycruises.com/int/faqs/faq-fragments/enjoying-your-cruise-fragments/beverage-packages

I need to talk to my concierge again , since we have the premium package we should not have been charged. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2024 at 10:12 AM, dcbiker97 said:

We were just on Connie last week and I asked for Macallan in the Retreat Lounge.  They told me there’s a $2 upcharge even in the Lounge.  I had a direct conversation to show my displeasure about it with the Suite Manager and didn’t have to pay the upcharge the entire week.  Hopefully they will retreat in the crazy business of up charging for nominally better products.  I don’t mind it for expensive bottles, but for Macallan Quest or Decoy wine, it’s unacceptable. 

And somehow they have mccallan quest mixed drinks at Cafe al bacio on the premium package... 

Edited by Jillianr1976
Clarification

Please report how it goes with the corkage fee.  Since the wines by the glass are ordinary we usually carry on wine.  If they do not charge a corkage fee when you have a package that is a pretty good value.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Please report how it goes with the corkage fee.  Since the wines by the glass are ordinary we usually carry on wine.  If they do not charge a corkage fee when you have a package that is a pretty good value.

As I said I was charged in Le Petit Chef but went to concierge and they removed the fee , corkage should not be charged if you have a drink package.thanks to Stu UK for showing us celebrity doc.

lots of Decoy in Luminae last night they just brought us a new bottle and left it on the table.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1