The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday March 24th, 2024

kazu

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

@dfishI don't know who to feel more sorry for - River or you and Sue.  All 3 of you have to deal with little River's trauma and try to get her through the tantrums.  Poor little girl.  I know she's in the best place possible with the 2 of you guiding her for the next week.

@superoma, @sterling2 and @quilty964I'm attaching photos of just a few of the sets of coasters I've made.  Now, please be kind - I'm left-right dyslexic, so sewing by instructions is a challenge.  And I'm a novice sewer, so if you see the imperfections, just remember I'm not perfect . . . at all.  I found the pattern online and have followed as best I can; I've been able to use up a bunch of fabric I'd purchased when we were in lockdown that I used then to make surgical and fitted masks.  

Coasters1.JPG.74b177f2f700ae462bf9cdd831758214.JPG

CoasterCloseUp.JPG.28b12507666787eede656e93f45062f0.JPG

@Quartzsite Cruiser you asked about DH's book.  It's being written/compiled in conjunction with the University of Sasktchewan's Music Dept in that when it's finished, he will turn everything over to them and if they choose to publish it, they have his full support. If they don't publish it, it will stay in their archives as an historical reference document for others to view. 

As a lifelong educator, he enjoys research and music in particular, so this project was right up his alley.  The book is in 2 volumes - the first (around 80 pages) contains a paragraph or two of anecdotes on various musicians throughout the ages.  The second volume is strictly statistical in that he has the names of musicians - defined as "anyone who has music in their hearts".  The volume will contain their first and last name, the year of birth and year of death.  The earliest musician (including singers, composers, directors, etc), date back to Aristotle, right up to present day.  He gets most of his information from the internet, but I was able to add one from here - our own @marshhawkagreed to let her name be allowed in the book, which pleased me to no end!  If there are any other Daily-ites who play instruments and would like to be added to the book, I'd welcome an email at ger underscore 77 at yahoo dot com    Currently the second volume has over 58,000 entries - all of which DH has done himself.  I keep telling him this project is keeping him off the streets and out of pool halls!!  LOL  

Have a great evening, everyone!

Thank you for the pictures. This gives me some ideas for my leftovers. They look really nice. Also, check your email

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good late afternoon. It’s been a chilly day with bright sunshine.

Prayers are needed for a 6year old girl who was slept away in the Darby creek in Chester 

last night. She was playing with her cousins and slipped in the mud and fell in the water. The cousins were able to get out but they were unable to hold onto her. The river is still being searched .🙏💔

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

I saw this on the news just a bit ago. They made it sound like are now in recovery mode as opposed to rescue mode. Sad.

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

@superoma, @sterling2 and @quilty964I'm attaching photos of just a few of the sets of coasters I've made.  Now, please be kind - I'm left-right dyslexic, so sewing by instructions is a challenge.  And I'm a novice sewer, so if you see the imperfections, just remember I'm not perfect . . . at all.  I found the pattern online and have followed as best I can; I've been able to use up a bunch of fabric I'd purchased when we were in lockdown that I used then to make surgical and fitted masks.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser you asked about DH's book.  It's being written/compiled in conjunction with the University of Sasktchewan's Music Dept in that when it's finished, he will turn everything over to them and if they choose to publish it, they have his full support. If they don't publish it, it will stay in their archives as an historical reference document for others to view. 

As a lifelong educator, he enjoys research and music in particular, so this project was right up his alley.  The book is in 2 volumes - the first (around 80 pages) contains a paragraph or two of anecdotes on various musicians throughout the ages.  The second volume is strictly statistical in that he has the names of musicians - defined as "anyone who has music in their hearts".  The volume will contain their first and last name, the year of birth and year of death.  The earliest musician (including singers, composers, directors, etc), date back to Aristotle, right up to present day.  He gets most of his information from the internet, but I was able to add one from here - our own @marshhawkagreed to let her name be allowed in the book, which pleased me to no end!  If there are any other Daily-ites who play instruments and would like to be added to the book, I'd welcome an email at ger underscore 77 at yahoo dot com    Currently the second volume has over 58,000 entries - all of which DH has done himself.  I keep telling him this project is keeping him off the streets and out of pool halls!!  LOL  

Have a great evening, everyone!

Your coasters are great. Also congrats to DH on the comprehensive job he's done on the book. And yay for including Annie in there!

Well, just saw on social media that my hair salon is closing. Boo-hiss. The owner is going to a salon out in the suburbs. But the good news is that there is another salon in the same block, and most of the folks from mine, including my guy, are going there.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Very late today! Bon voyage @RedneckBob

@dfish  sending some gentle hugs for you and River. Children of trauma need that calm support, but it’s not easy!   Bless you! 
@ger_77 great idea on the coasters! 
@Haljo1935 gentle hugs! 

We watched  part of the state funeral for former prime minister Brian Mulroney,  the Montreal basilica is beautiful.  A moving service with tributes from Wayne Gretzky,  Trudeau and his family.  Nicely done.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Yikes! What was I thinking? I just finished the laundry from the Hawaii trip and now I need to start packing for the Discovery Princess solar eclipse cruise. We leave in 9 days.

Solar eclipse cruise should be awesome - hope you'll share pictures and your experiences. Are you doing a Live review?

HAL laundry means you can bring home clean clothes so they go from suitcase to dresser, wink wink.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Solar eclipse cruise should be awesome - hope you'll share pictures and your experiences. Are you doing a Live review?

HAL laundry means you can bring home clean clothes so they go from suitcase to dresser, wink wink.

I might attempt a Live review but it would be on the Princess page. I can come home with clean clothes but I have to do it in the self-service laundry room.

The ship will be off of Mazatlan, right in the middle of the path of totality. It's been said that totality should last 4 1/2 minutes.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

I might attempt a Live review but it would be on the Princess page. I can come home with clean clothes but I have to do it in the self-service laundry room.

The ship will be off of Mazatlan, right in the middle of the path of totality. It's been said that totality should last 4 1/2 minutes.

I thought your Hawaii cruise was HAL, hence the laundry comment. I've done laundry on a Princess cruise and said "ugh, this is vacation" so I'd bring home dirty clothes, too.

I hope the eclipse is awesome! Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Absolutely beautiful and so clever for using left over fabric ♥️ 

I remember chatting to your DH about his book on the cruise.  It sounded fascinating 👍 

11 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I guess I've been bad. My last post is hidden 😲.

You weren’t bad.  You probably used a word that woke up the algorithm and froze your post until it could be reviewed.

it happens if we use Captain DD’s name, too 😉 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, bennybear said:

Very late today! Bon voyage @RedneckBob

@dfish  sending some gentle hugs for you and River. Children of trauma need that calm support, but it’s not easy!   Bless you! 
@ger_77 great idea on the coasters! 
@Haljo1935 gentle hugs! 

We watched  part of the state funeral for former prime minister Brian Mulroney,  the Montreal basilica is beautiful.  A moving service with tributes from Wayne Gretzky,  Trudeau and his family.  Nicely done.  

Thanks

• Like 4