The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday March 24th, 2024

kazu

Good morning all. Interesting that black citizens (men, I assume) got the right to vote in 1837 but women not until 1918. We are a mixed bag of inclusions and exclusions. https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/suffrage

still below freezing but the sun is coming thru. No snow, no rain. Warming up nicely tomorrow.

wishing everyone a peaceful Palm Sunday

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  Computer says it's 39 degrees, then it switched to High winds expected, and now it says Humid.  Being the F1 fools that we are, we watched the race live, it started at midnight, and we went to bed at 2 a.m..  I am tired, but since I met my minimum sleep  quota and the body started to hurt, I am up.

Shrimp tacos, one of my favorite foods.  Our once a week Taco place offers a Taco called the Bob.  It is shrimp with a peanut crust.  Quite tasty, but they only offer it for one week, every few months. Our other favorite Mexican restaurant has grilled shrimp with red and green peppers and onions  I take the contents out of the taco and squeeze some lime on the ingredients and eat them without the "bread". The only reason we don't eat there more often, is that DH has a hard time deciding what he wants to eat.  He always says they serve too much food.  I tell him that is why you order it, and take what you don't want to eat,  home.

I did have another sale yesterday.  And I seem to have made a new "friend", she has not however bought anything, and keeps wanting call backs.  She was a stagehand for Siegfried and Roy, and has a lot of tales to tell.  She was the keeper of Sherman, the python. 

Lots to do today, Bird seed, MIchael's Crafts , some toys for Tigger, and groceries!  But most of all, I need breakfast. The fact that there was only enough cat food to feed them breakfast, Furnando was appalled that I had let the cupboard get so empty.  

ec279758963a0117f9d9341c0650be77.jpg

Once again the boss reminded us that we only have one week left to work, and then we are off for several weeks.  While my original boss said he would see if anyone wanted or needed me for a few weeks, I have had no calls.  I am a picky employee.  There is one boss that I wont work for again, and she is now on several campaigns so I am out of that loop.  I figure, I am old, retired, and I work for the extra cash, and because I love what I do.  But if I'm not happy in my job because I'm being micromanaged  by a 20 + year old, I dont have to work.  So, I work for older gentlemen, who's campaigns take breaks.  Guess I should just figure on doing some house work, and yard work, and next year plan my vacations at the right time.

d51a39899b09bd61f58ea511d5b61c76.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning, everyone!

It is cold this morning in mid-Michigan.  We are told it will be partly sunny with a high of 39.  Ok, that sounds good to me.  The snow is melting pretty quickly from the Friday storm.  Last night's Farkle party was a success.  They really enjoyed the chicken cacciatore from last week's MOD.  Well, everyone except River who wouldn't eat the chicken because it had sauce on it.  She liked the noodles and she liked the sauce on the noodles, but not the chicken.  I know, makes no sense, but she is 7.  

We are going over to Mt. Pleasant this afternoon to have dinner with some friends of mine.  Stacey was a student in my class, as was her brother, and I got to know the family that way.  Stacey is working at Central Michigan University in the audiology department and her parents moved up here to help take care of the kids. They still have their house in Ohio and go back in the summer time.  They are excited to meet River and Stacey has a daughter around the same age, so the girls can play.  

Today's meal sounds good to me and we might have that for dinner one night this week.  I love fish tacos and you could make those as well.  You can use the low carb tortillas to help in that department.  https://natashaskitchen.com/shrimp-tacos/

shrimptacos1.thumb.jpg.c09bc63ecd6c0a633ca0955218e0152c.jpg

The sauce for these tacos sounds really good.   https://pinchofyum.com/spicy-shrimp-tacos-with-garlic-cilantro-lime-slaw

shrimptacos2.thumb.jpg.37420f174236ea9035d264a3a6e2c431.jpg

I like some of the suggestions for serving in this recipe.  It doesn't have to just be in a taco shell.  You can make a shrimp bowl with rice, or use it in a shrimp salad.  https://www.wellplated.com/shrimp-tacos/

shrimptacos3.thumb.jpg.ac39923c628e0372e0f7f47822e44ec0.jpg

@cat shepard I'm so glad your sister had a good first night at home.  Here's to many more!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 14

Good morning everyone on the cool, gray Palm Sunday.  Thanks for the daily updates.  Three important days to try and wrap my head around.  The quote is true, sadly.  I think the meal suggestion sounds quite tasty but I’ll pass on the drink.  I have not been to today’s port. Prayers for those on our prayer list today.  Cheers to those who are celebrating today!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the Daily Reports and the maps.  Interesting days today and a good quote.  I love shrimp tacos but enchiladas usually tempt me more at a Mexican restaurant.  I will pass on the apple martini but today's Tempranillo looks like a winner.  Thanks for the photos of today's port Sandi, it looks like an interesting place.  

Prayers for all on our care list who are ailing or remembering lost loved ones.  Prayers for the people of Ukraine and Haiti and the innocents in Gaza.  @marshhawk Annie congratulations on another sale this week!  

We have a Syrah wine tasting event this afternoon at 4.  Each couple brings 2 bottles of Syrah and we will have individual charcuterie boards.  Should be fun to taste all the wines hidden in bags and see what is our favorites.  Best thing it isn't so far away for once.   Have a lovely Sunday!   

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Three important days and a realistic quote.  I have never liked shrimp or fish tacos so I will pass on the meal and drink.  Maybe on the wine and I have never been to the port.  Interesting that Canada was so far ahead of the US in giving blacks the right to vote.

We had our predicted rain overnight with some winds. It is presently 47F and will only get a little warmer to mid 50s with occasional rain today.  So for us it is cold.  

IMG_7676.thumb.JPG.3414d6c7ea29844fec3355bd39c76558.JPG

Yesterday I ended up not feeling well; I think I ate something bad.  But I did accomplish some things so all was ok.  The plan today is to finish up cleaning and getting ready for the week ahead.  Four days of subbing in the same classroom as last week as Friday is a holiday for us.  I was canceled for a sub job that was for a vacancy; they must of found someone to take the job permanently.  I am ok with that because I think I over scheduled myself for April!!  

@RedneckBob Bon Voyage!!  Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

Haljo1935’s DD DB’s Heavenly Birthday

Princess Catherine and King Charles undergoing cancer treatment

2 crew members killed due to steam line bursting on Nieuw Amsterdam

Victims in Moscow concert shooting

Texas schoolbus struck by concrete truck, 1 child and 1 adult killed. Numerous others injured.

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; Haiti unrest

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

RMLincoln’s SIL in Rehab hospital, getting radiation treatments

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage RedneckBob!

Cat shepherd’s DSis released to home yesterday

USN59-79 debarks Sojourn in Taipei, to spend 17 days there

Vict0riann’s DD not requiring surgery for her fractured humerus

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

5 days for Smmessineo (Rotterdam Mar 29 to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer

5 days for POA1 & Huskerchick (Rotterdam Mar 29 to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer

6 days for Ocean sounds (Zaandam Mar 30 to Apr 13) 14d Solar Eclipse & Mexican Riviera

7 days for Sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam Mar 31 to April 7) B2B 7d E. Caribbean + (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure

Crazy For Cats (Eurodam to Mar 27) 11d E. Caribbean Wayfarer, Scrapnana (Rotterdam to Mar 29) 12d E. Caribbean Wayfarer, Suslor (Zaandam to Mar 30) 14d Panama Canal, Lazey1 (Koningsdam to Mar 30) 7d Mexico,  RedneckBob (Nieuw Statendam to March 31) 7d E. Caribbean, GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to Apr 6) B2B 7d Mexico + 7d Pacific Coastal, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Thanks. I like the red letter touch! Back from the Celebrity cruise with terrible Wi-Fi and unable to do CC site.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

It was a busy day in Halong Bay with three ships in port. Though it was a rather foggy day it was still beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed our day excursion looking at some of the over 1,900 island. Visited a fishing village, caves and had a wonderful time onboard our excursion boat. We will spend the night here and sail tomorrow at 1PM.

Time to get ready for libations and dinner. Local cultural show onboard tonight. 
Bon Voyage Red Neck Bob and thanks for the postings. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.b2cb6b45d5a997cfa50a98f87fa35b16.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b098992a33e417af3489cedf130a70d7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.65cabc742559fc8c7fc0458129ab03ce.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.404a141139835c79fefe7f1d997affec.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d7ab740f75aafdf658061017fc1e90af.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d23a49fac5395c29be3e876c16216abd.jpeg

Thanks!

• Like 14

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It is chilly this morning at only 42F.  The morning hours should be sunny but by 2 pm the clouds will move in and we will have a high temp of 65.  

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for posting the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps for Rich @richwmn.  Many unique days to recognize today.  I like celebrating achievers and adverse drug event awareness.  Both important.  But I had questions about what the second day was so checked it out on NationalToday.com.  The full name is International Day For the Right to the Truth Concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and For the Dignity of Victims.  Whew!  A shorter name might make it easier to recall.  But let's support them too.  The quote is so true.  I don't like shrimp tacos, don't drink martinis or red wine.  Great days in history.  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today.

Prayers for all on the Care list, my DB, great nephew Alex's twin boys, friends Scott, Susan and Sandy, the people at war in Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, troops in the region, the NA crew members who died, and the victims of fires, horrific crashes and concert shootings.  The world is really being tested.  Congrats to those celebrating happy events and cruisers.  Bon Voyage @RedneckBob!!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your list keeping skills.  Wishing you the best as you prepare for your surgery and hope for a full recovery.

The port today is Kiriwina Island, Papua New Guinea Trobriand.  It was the port only once before on July 14, 2023.  We were there in 2017 on Sun Princess on our Papua New Guinea segment of 4 back to back cruises.  Very interesting!  Here is the link for your convenience.

DD is driving down from Ohio after Palm Sunday mass, will stop in Atlanta to pick up an item at Ikea for DGD, and make her way down to our house to spend the night.  Tomorrow she drives down to see her DD Morgan in Clearwater and enjoy a short visit this week with her.  Wishing her safe travels and patience in the Atlanta regional traffic jam she will no doubt encounter.  We always do!

Hope you have a terrific Sunday, and please stay safe and keep well!

Thanks

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Three important days and a realistic quote.  I have never liked shrimp or fish tacos so I will pass on the meal and drink.  Maybe on the wine and I have never been to the port.  Interesting that Canada was so far ahead of the US in giving blacks the right to vote.

We had our predicted rain overnight with some winds. It is presently 47F and will only get a little warmer to mid 50s with occasional rain today.  So for us it is cold.  

IMG_7676.thumb.JPG.3414d6c7ea29844fec3355bd39c76558.JPG

Yesterday I ended up not feeling well; I think I ate something bad.  But I did accomplish some things so all was ok.  The plan today is to finish up cleaning and getting ready for the week ahead.  Four days of subbing in the same classroom as last week as Friday is a holiday for us.  I was canceled for a sub job that was for a vacancy; they must of found someone to take the job permanently.  I am ok with that because I think I over scheduled myself for April!!  

@RedneckBob Bon Voyage!!  Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone!!

Thanks

• Like 12

Posted (edited)

Good collection of days today. The quote rings especially true today as I remember my brother on his birthday; thank you @JazzyVfor mentioning him.💔

Pass on the meal (shrimp), yes on the drink & wine, not been to the port. The pictures so far look nice.

@ottahand7 your wine tasting sounds fun - maybe you'll find a new favorite. 

Nothing planned today, it's just too hard. The "eye rains" started early this morning as I read a text from my older brother saying he was blubbering like an idiot while telling himself if we didn't have today we wouldn't have had our brother. Does it ever get better?

When I said he left behind 7 children, I left out the "bonuses" - it's 12 children. We will release balloons 🎈 for him this afternoon. 

I will cook a ham today, so maybe I do have something planned. I was going to cook it yesterday, but drove around town searching for cat food - vet was out, they ordered more & printed a script so I could get a bag elsewhere. Nope - closest Petsmart no longer carries prescription food as they no longer have a vet. Next closest pet store doesn't carry that kind, only for dogs - SMH. Ordered from Chewy and uploaded the Rx but the vets order will probably come in before Chewy gets mine processed. So by the time I got home from that unsuccessful scavenger hunt, I was too frustrated to cook. Pathetic  - couldn't toss a pan in the oven, it's not like I had to cut stuff up, stir liquids, babysit a pot...all I had to do was put a hunk of meat in a pan and put it in the oven. Sometimes we just need a break.

Thank goodness the yard guy made a little progress - rain is forecast again today. Currently 59° headed to wet 70°.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240324_082826.thumb.jpg.15e49419563128bb4e4afad0ec07f87c.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, Denise T said:

Happy Sunday. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Cold but sunny today. I hope Spring returns soon. 

Finishing my last day of EMDR training. 

Bon Voyage to @RedneckBob.

StickerTalk 10in x 3in Bon Voyage Cruise Ship Magnet, 10 inches x 3 inches

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Happy Sunday! | Good morning meme, Morning cat, Funny cats

Thanks

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm all for achievers - where would we be without them?  The second regarding gross human rights violations and dignity of victims is so important for everyone on our planet.  Any violations should be reported asap and actions taken to mitigate the situation.  I've had adverse drug events to both penicillin and the opaquing dye needed for CT scans.

I spent the first hour and half this morning trying to get our internet working.  When I first turned on the computer all was well, but suddenly there was nothing - our security video camera tower was blinking red and the cable modem was as well.  Unplug, wait, plug in.  Nothing.  Repeat.  Nothing.  Finally was able to contact the cable company via chat on my phone (which is usually useless . . . did you try unplugging and plugging it in again?), and of course, as soon as I finally got someone on the line, the internet restarted.  No idea why, but at least I'm connected to the world again.

@RedneckBob Bon Voyage!

@cat shepardI'm happy to hear your DS is home and that she had a restful night - hopefully the next days will be as successful for her recovery.

I made 7 more sets of coasters yesterday before finally dismantling my "sewing station" aka the dining room table and returning everything to it's normal resting place in our computer/craft room.  After Easter when the family has returned home and we're all alone, I'll bring stuff out again and make more, as I still have more fabric to use from mask making and will require about 50 sets in total.

Today is going to be spent getting the rooms ready for our family - that means moving plants from one of the spare bedrooms into another so they can close the curtains at night.  We've set up shelves in front of the windows so we can overwinter the succulents and a few of DH's favourite curly fig trees, but have them spread out in 2 rooms.  I have also been using the spare room on the main floor as a "catch all" when I'm not sure where something is going, so will have to do some work there as well.

I know I'd like the drink of the day, as well as the wine, and I do like shrimp tacos, so it's 3 for 3 today!  Unfortunately I don't have the ingredients for the drink or the shrimp tacos, so we'll be enjoying leftovers from our spaghetti dinner last night and will serve it up with another tossed salad at the kitchen table.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in grief, in pain and in turmoil.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm all for achievers - where would we be without them?  The second regarding gross human rights violations and dignity of victims is so important for everyone on our planet.  Any violations should be reported asap and actions taken to mitigate the situation.  I've had adverse drug events to both penicillin and the opaquing dye needed for CT scans.

I spent the first hour and half this morning trying to get our internet working.  When I first turned on the computer all was well, but suddenly there was nothing - our security video camera tower was blinking red and the cable modem was as well.  Unplug, wait, plug in.  Nothing.  Repeat.  Nothing.  Finally was able to contact the cable company via chat on my phone (which is usually useless . . . did you try unplugging and plugging it in again?), and of course, as soon as I finally got someone on the line, the internet restarted.  No idea why, but at least I'm connected to the world again.

@RedneckBob Bon Voyage!

@cat shepardI'm happy to hear your DS is home and that she had a restful night - hopefully the next days will be as successful for her recovery.

I made 7 more sets of coasters yesterday before finally dismantling my "sewing station" aka the dining room table and returning everything to it's normal resting place in our computer/craft room.  After Easter when the family has returned home and we're all alone, I'll bring stuff out again and make more, as I still have more fabric to use from mask making and will require about 50 sets in total.

Today is going to be spent getting the rooms ready for our family - that means moving plants from one of the spare bedrooms into another so they can close the curtains at night.  We've set up shelves in front of the windows so we can overwinter the succulents and a few of DH's favourite curly fig trees, but have them spread out in 2 rooms.  I have also been using the spare room on the main floor as a "catch all" when I'm not sure where something is going, so will have to do some work there as well.

I know I'd like the drink of the day, as well as the wine, and I do like shrimp tacos, so it's 3 for 3 today!  Unfortunately I don't have the ingredients for the drink or the shrimp tacos, so we'll be enjoying leftovers from our spaghetti dinner last night and will serve it up with another tossed salad at the kitchen table.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in grief, in pain and in turmoil.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Thanks

• Like 14

@ger_77could you post a picture of the coasters you make? I think you did way back when but now, like you, I have fabric bits from mask making, trying to decide what to do with them.  Thank you.

• Like 17