B2B wine question

Giulia

We begin a B2B next week.  Since the cruises are separate bookings, we are presuming we can bring two for each cruise rather than 4 at once.  We plan to get off the ship on turnaround day and can run to Publix for a refill!  Not sure if that’s correct…..perhaps someone has better info.

Have not done this on Celebrity but have read bring 4 and they will hold 2 until the last night of the first cruise, then return them to you. Easier by far than going to Publix between cruises.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Have not done this on Celebrity but have read bring 4 and they will hold 2 until the last night of the first cruise, then return them to you. Easier by far than going to Publix between cruises.

Publix on Sunrise Blvd is close to our favorite pizza 🍕 spot so we can pick up anything else we need.  

Lots of good options. Thanks all.  We were gifted some excellent wines so may bring 4 and hope they will deliver on last day of first leg. I may call and will report back here what I'm told.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sort of on that topic, I wish Celebrity had the Princess policy of allowing you to bring extra bottles by paying a $20/bottle corkage fee. Especially nice if you like nicer wines, as the fee is $20 whether it’s a bottle they charge $50 for (and you can get for $15) or one they charge $150 for (and you can get for $50).

Edited by Mark_K
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Mark_K said:

Sort of on that topic, I wish Celebrity had the Princess policy of allowing you to bring extra bottles by paying a $20/bottle corkage fee. Especially nice if you like nicer wines, as the fee is $20 whether it’s a bottle they charge $50 for (and you can get for $15) or one they charge $150 for (and you can get for $50).

Curious, do you pay the corkage fee even if you don’t take the wine to dining room?

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Curious, do you pay the corkage fee even if you don’t take the wine to dining room?

No corkage fee if you do not take it to the dining room or a specialty restaurant.  What we have done in the past was open it in our room, pour our glasses, and taken them to dinner with us 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lola2013 said:

Publix on Sunrise Blvd is close to our favorite pizza 🍕 spot so we can pick up anything else we need.  

What is the name of the pizza place?  We often stay near a Publix on Sunrise and inquiring minds want to know.

Primanti Brothers.  We found it by mistake a few years back and now it is our “go to”.  A slice after hotel check in (we stay at the Hilton Gallery One on Sunrise…right next door to the Galleria Mall).  Come out of the hotel and head toward the beach…cross the inter coastal bridge…right turn onto A1A…maybe a block down on the right side of the street.  It is certainly not fancy...cash only…we like to sit outside and watch the surf.  You know coming from Chicago how great that can be.  We also have breakfast there before catching an Uber to the port on embarkation day.  
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. 🍕

Susan 😎

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

No corkage fee if you do not take it to the dining room or a specialty restaurant.  What we have done in the past was open it in our room, pour our glasses, and taken them to dinner with us 

The question was about the "corkage" fee for bringing extra bottles on board beyond the allowed two.  It is a charge.  Not really a corkage fee.  The first 2 come on board free.

The corkage fee is if you bring them to say, the dining room.

You are allowed 2 bottles per cabin to CARRY ON, not in checked luggage.

Note it’s 2 per cabin, not per person. A back to back is actually 2 separate cruises, so NO you cannot board with 4. There is a scheme where 2 people go through the scanners separately with 2 bottles each, but I’m not recommending you do or don’t but it reportedly is possible. To be in full compliance you would bring 2 onboard the first leg, then 2 more on the second leg.

Enjoy your cruise!

On 3/29/2024 at 6:14 PM, Giulia said:

Lots of good options. Thanks all.  We were gifted some excellent wines so may bring 4 and hope they will deliver on last day of first leg. I may call and will report back here what I'm told.

Please report back on this forum, thank you!  I've read many many differing points on this - that at the end of the day, it really depends on who is screening your carry on bags at the port.  I've read several times that again, depending upon the individual screener, that they really don't care to take the time and stop you if they happen to notice that you have 2 bottles in your bag. See what I mean?  The screener doesn't even know who you're with, or what the makeup of your traveling party is.  They're happy not to see a weapon or an iron or a hibachi grill in your carry on, so if there are 2 bottles instead of 1, they may not care at all, as this could be your partner's allowed bottle......personally, I'd put 2 bottles in my carry-on, and your partner, who may be in a different security line, 2 bottles in his/hers.  Worst case is that they take 2 bottles and save for your next cruise.  

On 3/29/2024 at 3:04 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Best to bring 2 and get two more on turnaround day.

Also a heads up that you can buy duty free on board.  Will be delivered last night of first cruise.  

But they don’t sell wine in their duty free shop so while this works for liquor it doesn’t get you wine.

20 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The question was about the "corkage" fee for bringing extra bottles on board beyond the allowed two.  It is a charge.  Not really a corkage fee.  The first 2 come on board free.

It does not matter if you sneak 20 bottles onboard.  A corkage fee is only changed if you bring a bottle to a dining venue without a drink package. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

This is on Celebrity, right?

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

It does not matter if you sneak 20 bottles onboard.  A corkage fee is only changed if you bring a bottle to a dining venue without a drink package. 

I think the thread drifted over to how it is done on Princess where extra bottles are allowed to be brought on board but there is a fee.  

on Celebrity there is no procedure for paying a fee for bringing extra bottles onto the ship with you.

Just now, cruisestitch said:

I think the thread drifted over to how it is done on Princess where extra bottles are allowed to be brought on board but there is a fee.  

on Celebrity there is no procedure for paying a fee for bringing extra bottles onto the ship with you.

I am sorry - not sure why what Princess does would be relevant here.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I am sorry - not sure why what Princess does would be relevant here.

I personally find info as to how other lines do things very informative.

Why not bypass posts that you may find not to your interest? 

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

I personally find info as to how other lines do things very informative.

Why not bypass posts that you may find not to your interest? 

So do I, which is why I visit other cruise line Boards.  

I find it confusing to read about how xyz does things when I am only interested in how abc does them.