Change for the butter

While this thread is amusing, we have so far only sailed other lines, but admit to being bummed when they changed from Grassland salted butter, a local WI product, to other brands of butter, just wasn't the same.

We will see what we get when we sail on the Emerald for our first Princess cruise. While it is small potatoes, real butter does add a little something something.

3 hours ago, srpilo said:

Is the real salted butter include in the Plus package  ?  (🤪)

No, only the premier package....or you have to be elite 🤣

On 4/2/2024 at 12:43 PM, 555 said:

It's easier for some people to complain about the subject. 

Or maybe it's only to boast they count so they can look important. 

I’m not sure why you would think that a higher count would make anyone look important. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I’m not sure why you would think that a higher count would make anyone look important. 

Human nature.

• Haha 1

I was on a 28 day cruise last December. I prefer salted butter so asked the waiter about this. Every night he brought a small plate of salted butter to our table. It's available if you want it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I was on a 28 day cruise last December. I prefer salted butter so asked the waiter about this. Every night he brought a small plate of salted butter to our table. It's available if you want it.

I think some waiters are just to lazy to bother and say it's not available.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Is the most traveled luncheon where you inquire if the person at the table next to you could pass the Grey Poupon?

I've never asked but I suppose it's available. 

Edited by 555

On 4/4/2024 at 6:10 AM, Retired-N-Happy said:

Is the most traveled luncheon where you inquire if the person at the table next to you could pass the Grey Poupon?

Yes and everybody boasts about how many cruises they have been on.  🥱

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cruisintimer said:

Yes and everybody boasts about how many cruises they have been on.  🥱

Yea, that does get sickening having to listen to some of them. 

We don't get involved in their conversations and enjoy our lunch with additional glasses of wine. 🍷 🍷

• Like 2

On 4/3/2024 at 12:04 PM, Moondogy said:
On 4/3/2024 at 8:06 AM, srpilo said:

Is the real salted butter include in the Plus package  ?  (🤪)

No, only the premier package....or you have to be elite 🤣

I was told Elites could ask for Dickman's:

DickmansScreenshot-2022-02-04-145012cropped.thumb.jpg.92c73c939fa57f0e2f8bbc8b7af6048e.jpg

• Haha 3

Yes, its  a slow day, so here is my input on this serius (typo on purpose) topic.

I always notice the 3 small dishes on a 10 top table with 3 pieces each of something yellow waiting to be spread on the dinner rolls. 

The 9 count does not affect me because years and years ago my Favorite Uncle exposed me to Fine Dinning in a facility we all called a "Mess Hall". 

At which we were served bread made with Rice Flour, Powdered Milk, and Dehydrated Eggs.  Since then  I have not been able to force myself to partake bread during a dinner meal.

This makes my wife happy, because she always wants me too grab one of the small dinner rolls that she loves and then slip it over to her when her roll has been eaten. 😇

Bob

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 4x4bob said:

The 9 count does not affect me because years and years ago my Favorite Uncle exposed me to Fine Dinning in a facility we all called a "Mess Hall". 

At which we were served bread made with Rice Flour, Powdered Milk, and Dehydrated Eggs.  Since then  I have not been able to force myself to partake bread during a dinner meal.

My bread motto is: if a piece of bread is only edible if you slather butter on it, then it's not worth eating.

That doesn't mean I won't add butter to good-tasting bread because good bread with a bit of butter is even better. 

• Like 3

On 4/5/2024 at 11:58 AM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Had a good laugh from this thread.  The OP is probably not aware that butter is not yellow- is colored for visual.appeal- and the salt is certainly added.

Real butter, made from cream from cows that are grass fed, is yellow - at least it is in Australia and New Zealand. I use unsalted butter and the ingredient list on the packaging of the blocks of both Australian and NZ butter currently in my fridge shows just one item: Cream. That's all. If there was any colouring used it would have to be listed by law. 

• Like 2