Cancel princess plus?

F355c5

Yes, you can cancel, upgrade to Premier, downgrade back to Plus, etc.  I have done this multiple times and I normally do it through chat.

Just make sure you get the email notification of the change and check your CC for the refund in the difference. 

38 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Curious to know why upgrading to a suite negates the requirement for drinks, Wifi, and crew appreciation cover?

With the concierge lounge, you can get a lot of free drinks, soda, etc.  When in a suite, I never get the Plus

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, F355c5 said:

How do I cancell princess plus?

call princess? Email?

thanks

If you booked directly with Princess, you can contact them via chat or a phone call.

If you booked via a TA, they will need to cancel for you.

(Typed too slowly….lol)

• Like 1

Since it's after final payment date, isn't this considered a change of fare?  Princess plus is a fare not a package so it will be interesting to see if it can be done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FLAlaska said:

With the concierge lounge, you can get a lot of free drinks, soda, etc.  When in a suite, I never get the Plus

Good move. You get sufficient benefits from having a suite, why pay extra for Plus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, 555 said:

Good move. You get sufficient benefits from having a suite, why pay extra for Plus.

I wouldn’t.  Still need wifi, crew appreciation, coffee.  A dozen beverages in the fridge doesn’t make up for what I can drink over a 10-14 day cruise.  Plus who wants to go back to grab stuff out of the lounge or fridge when you’re 6 decks away or sitting at a bar on the Lido.

As usual, one size does not fit all.

To the OP, I would use chat to cancel.  Phone agents aren’t as capable, in my experience.

Edited by BamaVol
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Since it's after final payment date, isn't this considered a change of fare?  Princess plus is a fare not a package so it will be interesting to see if it can be done.

+1.  It is definitely counted as part of the fare and as such the published cancellation penalties apply to it if you cancel the whole cruise.  Will be interesting to hear if Princess still allows you to cancel Plus or Premier inside of final payment date without penalty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

+1.  It is definitely counted as part of the fare and as such the published cancellation penalties apply to it if you cancel the whole cruise.  Will be interesting to hear if Princess still allows you to cancel Plus or Premier inside of final payment date without penalty.

I would consider plus as an add on like spa or excursion and as such you should be able to cancel without penalty 

1 minute ago, memoak said:

I would consider plus as an add on like spa or excursion and as such you should be able to cancel without penalty 

Do you have recent experience with this?  Spa and excursions don't show up as part of the cruise fare like Plus and Premier do.  And the insurance premium isn't applied towards amounts paid for spa and excursions either.  I'd really like to hear if someone has cancelled it while "in the penalty" period and gotten 100% of it back within the past couple of months.  Hoping that is the case!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I wouldn’t.  Still need wifi, crew appreciation, coffee.  A dozen beverages in the fridge doesn’t make up for what I can drink over a 10-14 day cruise.  Plus who wants to go back to grab stuff out of the lounge or fridge when you’re 6 decks away or sitting at a bar on the Lido.

As usual, one size does not fit all.

To the OP, I would use chat to cancel.  Phone agents aren’t as capable, in my experience.

Aw, the joys of the PH suites on the Royal Class ships where the lounge was right outside your door!  Always stopped in at night before getting back to the cabin and Im just not a big drinker.

52 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Do you have recent experience with this?  Spa and excursions don't show up as part of the cruise fare like Plus and Premier do.  And the insurance premium isn't applied towards amounts paid for spa and excursions either.  I'd really like to hear if someone has cancelled it while "in the penalty" period and gotten 100% of it back within the past couple of months.  Hoping that is the case!

You can add plus packages after final payment and even add it on embarkation day. So why not be able to cancel it ?

I really can find any reason to not have plus 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

You can add plus packages after final payment and even add it on embarkation day. So why not be able to cancel it ?

I really can find any reason to not have plus 

From a logical standpoint I completely agree with you.  It's just that Princess is treating this differently from other add-ons and there is nothing I can find in the Passage Contract nor the standalone cancellation policy that would indicate this would be treated differently than fare.  Which is why we need to hear from someone who has actually cancelled one of these packages.

33 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

From a logical standpoint I completely agree with you.  It's just that Princess is treating this differently from other add-ons and there is nothing I can find in the Passage Contract nor the standalone cancellation policy that would indicate this would be treated differently than fare.  Which is why we need to hear from someone who has actually cancelled one of these packages.

Then don’t add it till you are on board. Same price problem solved

• Like 1

I don't have experience with this but I wonder if it is related to how it is booked. If it is a fare code and booked with Plus, I would think not with out change fees. If it is added later via the Cruise Personalizer, I would think you could.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I know I added it after final payment and got a whole new booking confirmation which showed an increase in my fare.  It also upped my insurance.

It will be interesting to see how Princess handles this.  I hope for the OP's sake, that they make the change for him without penalty. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As others have mentioned, the Plus package is included in the base fare if you add it during the booking process. The only time it’s not is if you purchase it shortly after you board the ship.

We recently made Elite and asked our TA to remove the Plus package from 3 of our booked cruises, as we deemed it was no longer cost effective for us, plus we were in suites, with complimentary mini-bar setups, on 2 of those bookings. On each occasion, a refare at the current category fare was required as the Plus package was included in the base fare. On one booking the cost of the category we had booked had significantly gone up, so we passed on having it removed. On the second one, the fare had gone down, so we proceeded with the removal which also caused a decrease in the PCL insurance policy. On the third booking, the cost for our cabin category was still the same as when we originally booked it, so we had it removed from that one as well.

Not sure how it works after final payment.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

As others have mentioned, the Plus package is included in the base fare if you add it during the booking process. The only time it’s not is if you purchase it shortly after you board the ship.

We recently made Elite and asked our TA to remove the Plus package from 3 of our booked cruises, as we deemed it was no longer cost effective for us, plus we were in suites, with complimentary mini-bar setups, on 2 of those bookings. On each occasion, a refare at the current category fare was required as the Plus package was included in the base fare. On one booking the cost of the category we had booked had significantly gone up, so we passed on having it removed. On the second one, the fare had gone down, so we proceeded with the removal which also caused a decrease in the PCL insurance policy. On the third booking, the cost for our cabin category was still the same as when we originally booked it, so we had it removed from that one as well.

Not sure how it works after final payment.

If they had to do a refare prior to final payment, I would think it's the same after final payment. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

If they had to do a refare prior to final payment, I would think it's the same after final payment. 

Possibly. I guess we’ll just have to wait to see what happens when the OP contacts Princess to have it removed.

• Like 3

"I really can find any reason to not have plus "

It's a lot of additional $$ for the convenience of not having to go to the cabin to get a drink every now & then. Of course it's their decision to make if it's worth the trouble or not. Even the OP doesn't need their 15 drinks.  

I’m the OP and did the math $18 gratuities  $25 internet 2 optional Restruant’s  drinks at any of the 26 bars, keeping the plus package 

• Like 6