Will this work to get me to Elite?

I currently have 10 cruises in my Captain's Circle, so I am at Platinum. 

I have a 28-day cruise next year that I would really like to take as an Elite.

I have booked a cruise on CB on 12/23/24 (over Christmas).  I am booked in a WS and traveling solo, and my understanding is that this cruise will earn me 3 more cruises, bringing the total to 13.  I need 15 for Elite status.

I see that the CB has another voyage the week before, doing a different section of the Caribbean than my Christmas voyage.  Princess is selling the two together as a single cruise, but also separately.

If I book an Interior as a solo traveler for the 12/15 voyage, this would earn me 2 more credits and bring my total to 15.  This would be a B2B, correct?  I would have to completely move out of one cabin and into the other on changeover day, which is an inconvenience but worth it to save the $$$ (and my WS isn't available anyway). 

Will this work to get me to Elite by the end of 2024?

And secondly, what are the practical aspects of changeover day?  Will i have to disembark? Will they just put me in a lounge with all my luggage?

Thanks for any helpful advice.

yes, you will get to Elite.

Moving cabins is very easy...we have done it many times. Crew will move for you....even everything that is on  hangers....

You only disembark after all other passengers have gotten off...and you go thru USA immigration and circle back on to the ship. All very simple

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

That works for eilte.  And even if you booked one cabin all the way through in one booking, you would still need to get off the ship in between legs so they can zero out the count.  They wait until all other guests have disembarked, then they walk you off the ship and right back on before any of the new cruisers board for the coming voyage.

Of course, you can choose to head out into the city for a while, but you must then wait until the official new boarding begins to get back on - but you can bypass the check in with your in-transit card (they will supply).

Edited by Mud_Shark
  • Thanks 1

Look for some really short cruises if you can spare the time & you'll get there faster.

We hate moving & will do anything to avoid it. Although it doesn't take to much time to move, we'd rather get off the ship early & go for a walk in Ft Lauderdale.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, 555 said:

Look for some really short cruises if you can spare the time & you'll get there faster.

We hate moving & will do anything to avoid it. Although it doesn't take to much time to move, we'd rather get off the ship early & go for a walk in Ft Lauderdale.

I spent hours looking at short cruises, but they all involved a flight/hotel/hassle.  This idea finally occurred to me and feels more relaxed and ultimately less expensive.

Thanks very much for all the great information and confirmation that I'll get free laundry on my big trip!

Edited by Ellipooh
  • Like 1

Elite- is not a big deal. 
I got 2 credits for a 3 day in a suite.

Easiest way to get there. Alaska, , west coast, Mexico, FLl have a few shorter cruises.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

I currently have 10 cruises in my Captain's Circle, so I am at Platinum. 

I have a 28-day cruise next year that I would really like to take as an Elite.

Don”t get too excited- Elite benefits have been drastically cut back in recent times.

You get the same embarkation and disembarkation lounge as Platinum. Same half price wi fi if not taking Plus/Premier package. Same lounge for evening drinks/ snacks if you want to attend.

We had one mini bar set up on a 26 day cruise.

Laundry is free, but not express,   you would have that in a suite anyway and it would be express. 

Priority water shuttles if not docking in port.

Opportunity to order canapés on formal nights…nothing exciting to choose from in my opinion.

10% reduction on shop purchases and shore excursions.

Enjoy if you manage it !

Thanks! I will have a suite on the Christmas cruise, not on the 28-day.

I am definitely aware of the cutback in Elite benefits but the promise of free laundry (even the non-express variety) on a 28-day, port-intensive cruise, and after spending four days tooling around Sydney, sold me on this plan.

I think I would regret being only 2 credits short when I can grab an Interior for cheap* and enjoy my first b2b!

(*Yes I realize that I could use the Interior fare to buy my own damn laundry, but this way’s more fun😝)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

I spent hours looking at short cruises, but they all involved a flight/hotel/hassle.  This idea finally occurred to me and feels more relaxed and ultimately less expensive.

Thanks very much for all the great information and confirmation that I'll get free laundry on my big trip!

35 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

Thanks! I will have a suite on the Christmas cruise, not on the 28-day.

I am definitely aware of the cutback in Elite benefits but the promise of free laundry (even the non-express variety) on a 28-day, port-intensive cruise, and after spending four days tooling around Sydney, sold me on this plan.

I think I would regret being only 2 credits short when I can grab an Interior for cheap* and enjoy my first b2b!

(*Yes I realize that I could use the Interior fare to buy my own damn laundry, but this way’s more fun😝)

We were able to reach elite with about 12 cruises as we take longer cruises, so 150 plus days got us there early.  Are you counting your days

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

Are you counting your days

Counting days doesn’t work as well for me, but thanks for the reminder!

4 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

Well, my thinking is if you will enjoy the added cruise and gain the laundry bene for your longer itinerary, then go for it!  

• Like 3

@Ellipooh Congrats on finding a b2b that will get you to elite.  I have done a one nighter solo in an inside cabin.  I have done a Window Suite solo.  

The secret to moving cabins:  Leave as much of your clothes hanging, dump everything else in the suitcase.  Your steward and/or house keeping supervisor will get it to your next cabin.  Enjoy your turn around day.  

You will have plenty of time to fill up 21 drawers and 3 closets in your CB Window Suite.  Not to mention getting started on your Suite Perks (better than Elite).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From someone that has been elite for almost 15 years. I have been reading through many of the posts. My opinion. Don't buy your way by booking extra cruises just to become elite. Book cruises because you enjoy them.

• Like 2

It's plan, sounds good to me!  I got to Elite on a grand voyage in 2016, TA + Baltic, wasn't sure if I would but I did!  Similar deal as you, knew I was looking at 30 day So. Amer. for 2018, wanted to be Elite.  Sailing solo has that advantage, seeing as we're paying double.  

Elite was a tad more exciting then, I guess.  I got it with days and cruises as I've taken longer cruises always, never was a fan of 7 days.  Do what cruises you will enjoy, and fit your budget.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, skynight said:

From someone that has been elite for almost 15 years. I have been reading through many of the posts. My opinion. Don't buy your way by booking extra cruises just to become elite. Book cruises because you enjoy them.

Why not? It sounds like they wanted laundry benefits for their 28 day cruise.

• Like 2

I don't understand paying extra money by booking solo in a suite just for some well brand liquor and free laundry. If that's how you travel and you want to actually go on the cruise than it's no big deal but if you do it just for elite status it would be less expensive to pay for better booze and paying for laundry that will come back faster if you pay for it than by sending it out elite. There really isn't any value being elite. It's a marketing game to make you feel special and bring you back to spend more money.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, skynight said:

I agree. None of these mass market cruise line benefits entice me. I'll get there when I get there and if I never do that's ok too. I just enjoy the journey and don't stress over laundry.

Edited by Iamcruzin

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Why not? It sounds like they wanted laundry benefits for their 28 day cruise.

If you receive free laundry you receive it. If you do the dollar math it cost a lot less to just send your laundry out and pay the extra 10% for excursions then it does to book extra cruises. My point is book cruises because you enjoy them and can afford them. Don't book just to gain loyalty levels. As an elite myself for many years, there is very little benefit. 

• Like 1

@Ellipooh's question was can s/he make Elite by doing such and such.

I think the question was answered (Yes).  Everyone has their own reason/s for wanting to reach Elite.  For me, it was a goal that was made very easy by Princess at the time.  

I am not going to judge OP for his/her choices.  I hope they enjoy a week being spoiled in a suite.  Maybe that is their Christmas gift to themself. We should all be happy they can cruise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for the additional comments. To clarify what I previously stated explicitly, I already have the Christmas solo WS booked and paid in full. My question concerned adding a new voyage in an Interior as a b2b (pretty inexpensive esp with a Std package), and I acknowledged the alternative option of simply PAYG. My considered choice was to do it this way if it’s possible. 

Thanks everyone for your input. 

• Like 4