New Breakfast Room Service Menu

1 minute ago, tjcletzgo said:

Someone on Facebook posted that Princess has updated their room service door handle to include bacon and omelettes. Does anyone have any info on this?

They said that they were accidentally given a suite menu. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, eclue said:

Only suites

Mini "suites" - nothing "suites" about it - OK - tub/shower combo, and a bottle/half bottle? or wine - and the couch

no mini-bar

no separate shower / tub

no specialty dining on embarkation

no specialty dining breakfast each morning

no full mdr menu for room service - during mdr hours

no

no

Princess blew it, again ...

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tjcletzgo said:

Someone on Facebook posted that Princess has updated their room service door handle to include bacon and omelettes. Does anyone have any info on this?

When I sail in cabins that are not full suites I always write in whatever I want on the card and to date have always gotten it. Bowls of berries, bacon, sausage, cheese omelets, hash browns…..

most recently on the Sapphire last December. 

• Like 6

19 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

When I sail in cabins that are not full suites I always write in whatever I want on the card and to date have always gotten it. Bowls of berries, bacon, sausage, cheese omelets, hash browns…..

I've done that and received what I ordered on every ship but the Sky.  They were pretty rude about it too.  

42 minutes ago, Goofyisme said:

Do I understand correctly that there is a different door hanger for breakfast for suites?

Yes.  Or you can just call and order off the main dining room menu.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, suekel said:

I've done that and received what I ordered on every ship but the Sky.  They were pretty rude about it too.  

rude? - by denying your write-ins as in ...

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

No, I called and asked about this as I have done it on every other ship and they were rude in their response.  They were also rude when I called to ask about my incomplete elite mini bar set up which they never took care of.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, suekel said:

I've encountered some rude people on the dining lines before.  Not often.  I have been asking for an egg on the door hanger menu for years and always got it.

On 5/3/2024 at 2:20 PM, voljeep said:

Mini "suites" - nothing "suites" about it - OK - tub/shower combo, and a bottle/half bottle? or wine - and the couch

Princess blew it, again ...

I'm sorry you were disappointed that a mini-suite isn't actually a suite and never has been on Princess or any other cruiseline ever. Perhaps you should find the brand where mini-suite's are anything but slightly larger balcony cabins with an extra amenity here or there. 

• Like 2

Actually when Grand Princess first launched with the first “mini-suites” in the late 1990s it came with a butler and mini-bar set up.  That didn’t last long.  By the time we sailed her in a mini-suite in 2002 those perks didn’t exist.  The only benefit for the last 24 years or so is the extra space.

10 hours ago, richstowe said:

I'm sorry you were disappointed that a mini-suite isn't actually a suite and never has been on Princess or any other cruiseline ever. Perhaps you should find the brand where mini-suite's are anything but slightly larger balcony cabins with an extra amenity here or there. 

sorry, but no ... but thanks for your concern 🙄

the post was for new cruiser confusion with the term

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, voljeep said:

I always got what I needed in regards to write-ins and never saw anyone to be treated rudely. 

But then again I never wrote in belgian waffles lightly toasted with clotted cream and organic field wild strawberries only. 😆😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, suekel said:

Yes.  Or you can just call and order off the main dining room menu.  

And pay the $5 room service fee recently implemented. 

5 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

And pay the $5 room service fee recently implemented. 

I always get a package but yes,  if one doesn't.  

1 hour ago, lahlah57 said:

But then again I never wrote in belgian waffles lightly toasted with clotted cream and organic field wild strawberries only.

Durring the restart when the Majestic Princess was only half full, we wrote in French Toast and "Crispy Bacon". It was perfection! 

So, How do we get half of the passengers to stay home?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, no1superfan said:

Durring the restart when the Majestic Princess was only half full, we wrote in French Toast and "Crispy Bacon". It was perfection! 

So, How do we get half of the passengers to stay home?

Cut the cruise population by saying no vegan or organic items. Heathen meat eaters only cruise! 

There you go...glad I could help!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 5/3/2024 at 4:51 PM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Last cruise Royal Princess 4/6-4/27/2024

Requested "deconstructed" egg sandwich (egg, slice cheese, toasted English muffin, no bacon), juice, marmalade, coffee / cream & got it!

We are in a MS on our upcoming Regal cruise.  I'm going to try writing in Eggs Benedict.  If that doesn't work, the next time write in poached egg, bacon, and english muffins with 🤪a side of hollandaise sauce.

• Haha 2