Reflection 3 and 4 Day Sailings

Looking at booking B2B2B sailing this summer on the Reflection. We do not normally sail in Summer months during the vacation season. I am curious during the summer months on Celebrity the likely hood of having Families with Children on board. Celebrity not being known as a Family Cruise line I would just like get some veteran advice. 

There are definitely more children on board in the summer months and a shorter cruise may have even more than usual--a quick family getaway.  If I am not mistaken, if Reflection will be stopping at Coco Cay then chances are that children will be part of the passenger manifest.  However, as you pointed out, Celebrity is not a children oriented cruise line and, therefore, children will not be in the majority.

I'm just off the Reflection on one of these 3-night ones B2B with a 5-night one.  Definitely more kids on board.  Our 5-nighter was the one that went to Coco Cay.  What was interesting to me was that Coco Cay seemed to absorb the passengers well, it didn't feel at all crowded.  We were there with one of the large RCI ships.  Apparently they have two big RCI ships there sometimes.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm not a veteran- haven't even done my first sailing on Celebrity yet.  But I can tell you that in the Facebook group for my upcoming 4 night cruise going to Coco Cay in June there's definitely a lot of people bringing kids.  

Edited by fac429

5 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

Looking at booking B2B2B sailing this summer on the Reflection. We do not normally sail in Summer months during the vacation season. I am curious during the summer months on Celebrity the likely hood of having Families with Children on board. Celebrity not being known as a Family Cruise line I would just like get some veteran advice. 

You will find more families and a younger group on board.  Definitely more energy  and more beverages being consumed from my experience.  When we travel during the Winter, there are some children on board.  Quite noticeable during the Summer.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

You will find lots of Families with children on Celebrity summer cruises.

Celebrity does have programs for children but no Waterslides or rock climbing walls.

I think Adults who bring Kids on a Celebrity cruise do so because they want a more Adult cruise experience but they bring the kids along so We can enjoy their precious little ones while their parents practice their well honed skills of ignoring the screaming and yelling.

Right now I am Onboard Summit and the Sky Lounge is being made unusable by A group of unsupervised 5-7 year olds jumping on the counters and furniture while howling as loud as possible while the parents ignore them.

I am hoping to find some peace in the Solarium.

Edited by D. B.

Was on same cruises as Happy Cruiser 6143.  There were definitely more kiddos on the 3 night voyage - however I have to say that the ones we ran into were way better behaved than our experiences on cruises with more “family lines”.  There was one kid that was so respectful and polite to the staff at OVC, that we said such to his parents.

Two questions for those who have been on Reflection's 3 & 4 day cruises.. in particular as a B2B...

Menus:  Usually the main dining room & Luminae suite restaurant have menus that rotate across a week or more of menus.  So when taking a 7-day cruise (for example), there are no repeat menus.  For 3 & 4 day cruises, do the menus restart on each cruise... so a B2B will have the same menus within that week?

B2B Process:  During the B2B turnover day in Port Everglades, do you need to get off the ship or do you go to a designated area of the ship... so the Coast Guard can "zero out" the ship and to get a new key card, etc?  If staying in the same cabin/suite, I assume all of ones clothes, etc, can just be left in place.

In terms of the B2B specifically at Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) all B2Bers will need to disembark the ship into the terminal.  The ship must be zeroed out of all cruisers.  Then you will be able to reboard…or if you wish to go somewhere you will be given a Transit Card that will enable you to bypass the lines of cruisers checking in at the terminal upon your return.

8 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

In terms of the B2B specifically at Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) all B2Bers will need to disembark the ship into the terminal.  The ship must be zeroed out of all cruisers.  Then you will be able to reboard…or if you wish to go somewhere you will be given a Transit Card that will enable you to bypass the lines of cruisers checking in at the terminal upon your return.

Thanks.  That’s what I thought.  The only B2B we’ve done in the US was in Boston and both of us were in COVID isolation on the turnover day, so we had to stay onboard in our room.  For our B2B in Barcelona, we were able to stay on the ship.

We try to book Aqua Class since those cabins have a max of 2 and we can avoid the chaos of the MDR. It helps a little! 

Posted (edited)

Just off the Apr 26 Reflection 3 nighter and there were kids right next to me! Family of 4 with a 10 year old daughter and 4 year old son. We talked several times on the balcony. First night the kids woke me up. Sounded like they were bouncing off the walls. Nice family (they apologized the next morning) although the son apparently riles things up. As a solo in my concierge off the hump cabin I thought they did pretty well with 4 of them in the same space. Seemed like more kids on board. I generally find them amusing.

I love Coco Cay. Can definitely handle Reflection and the largest RC ship. There was plenty of space before the new adult only Hideaway Beach section opened up. I haven't been to Hideaway and won't be paying to go. Plenty of shaded loungers elsewhere.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

22 hours ago, FlyingCruiser2 said:

Was on same cruises as Happy Cruiser 6143.  There were definitely more kiddos on the 3 night voyage - however I have to say that the ones we ran into were way better behaved than our experiences on cruises with more “family lines”.  There was one kid that was so respectful and polite to the staff at OVC, that we said such to his parents.

I agree.  Really the only times I saw the kids was when I ventured to the buffet at lunch.  They were all well behaved and seemed to be well supervised.  But that's generally always been my experience with kids on Celebrity.  Normally I take longer cruises, so don't see many kids.