Diamond Plus lapel pin

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I had mentioned this earlier and could be wrong but I was told several years ago that they were no longer producing them and that supply could be sketchy as it would be based on remaining inventory on hand with the ships.  Again, I could be wrong and things may have changed since then.  It has been a while since we got our last and based on our current RCCL bookings and planned ones it may be a year or so until our next one. (Do more on Celebrity now).  Have to wait and see what happens then,

You are correct, however there was a huge backlash and Royal capitulated 🤣

The new versions are in color. 

IMG_2324.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

They did announce that and then changed their minds. There was big backlog for a while. We never got ours on a June 2022 Harmony cruise and it took 6-8 months for them to ship it to us.

I *think* supplies are better for the most part now but I could be wrong or some ships could be exceptions. My in-laws received their first block onboard Wonder last June.

What's crazy is we had our 140 points on the second day of the first leg of our B2B AD cruise in 2015. Made D+ on the second leg of our JW cruise in 2017. Until this thread haven't really thought about the MIA blocks. Like RC has. 😂 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

That is why I never take tighty whities on a ship.   They come back as gray.  😉 😄 

Agree. All darks for us. 

I love our blocks and they are on display in my home. I never bring them to a guests attention but they are there.

I’m not sure where our D+ pins are.  

As long as they don’t have a “better then you” attitude I enjoy talking to Pinns and I don’t think they are over the top if they want to wear their name tag, especially in the evening. They are usually well traveled and most are very nice and friendly. 

I enjoy talking to newbie cruisers too and seeing their excitement. 

• Like 2

Thank you for the abundance of advice and replies. It seems by some replies it was almost a walk down memory lane and days gone by.  Nevertheless for most it’s a common bond, the joy of travel, the open sea and the love of cruise ships.

Very grateful this was an informative and civil thread as we are all here to support one another.  God bless and safe travels to you all…. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

I have got mine today after requesting it from the loyalty ambassador. 

What's in there besides the pin? Anything? I think I've seen a luggage tag mentioned in the past.

13 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I love our blocks and they are on display in my home. I never bring them to a guests attention but they are there.

I’m not sure where our D+ pins are.  

As long as they don’t have a “better then you” attitude I enjoy talking to Pinns and I don’t think they are over the top if they want to wear their name tag, especially in the evening. They are usually well traveled and most are very nice and friendly. 

I enjoy talking to newbie cruisers too and seeing their excitement. 

Thanks...and totally agree!  Those Pinnies are the same at any level.  Nice people are nice no matter what loyalty level they happen to be at.  Pinnies are simply regular peeps that happen to like to cruise...a lot!

If they are jerks...they were jerks as a Gold, Platinum...etc.  as well.  😉   

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, I save the tighty whities for home.  😄 

Probably TMI, but i have undies i save for cruises only and theyre all the same “grayish” color, but didnt start out that way 😳

• Haha 2

Just now, lovesthebeach2 said:

Probably TMI, but i have undies i save for cruises only and theyre all the same “grayish” color, but didnt start out that way 😳

Ahh...must be the "dress grays".  😄 😄 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks...and totally agree!  Those Pinnies are the same at any level.  Nice people are nice no matter what loyalty level they happen to be at.  Pinnies are simply regular peeps that happen to like to cruise...a lot!

If they are jerks...they were jerks as a Gold, Platinum...etc.  as well.  😉   

I always say “we all put our pants on the same way” and if i ever feel Intimidated, I imagine them, in their underwear.

Just now, lovesthebeach2 said:

I always say “we all put our pants on the same way” and if i ever feel Intimidated, I imagine them, in their underwear.

Agree there!!  Sometimes I imagine them wearing a Bozo the Clown outfit....errr...that probably dates me.  😄 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

What's in there besides the pin? Anything? I think I've seen a luggage tag mentioned in the past.

Yes, we have our D+ luggage tags but never use them. They were mailed to us.  I've seen lots of reports of them just breaking the first use anyway.  

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Agree there!!  Sometimes I imagine them wearing a Bozo the Clown outfit....errr...that probably dates me.  😄 

Years ago before the reciprocal program, we were on a Celebrity cruise, sitting at a two top for supper. Next to us a solo guy at a two top who was already there and for some reason was getting into with a server. He then abruptly got up, threw his napkin on the table and said I'm Pinnacle and deserve better. As he stormed off I said not on Celebrity. Not sure if he heard me. And who cares! 😂 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

This was our experience.

Also many of Ps are much older folks so if they enjoy wearing pins I am happy for them.

7 minutes ago, fenton04 said:

This is the first thread I have encountered with a lot of references to underwear?

D+ and Pinnacle laundry perk, so why not. Pictures to follow. 🤣

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, doghog said:

D+ and Pinnacle laundry perk, so why not. Pictures to follow. 🤣

Sounds like the name of a new detergent:

D+P Laundry Detergent, take you dirty clothes to another level of clean.

😁

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, doghog said:

Years ago before the reciprocal program, we were on a Celebrity cruise, sitting at a two top for supper. Next to us a solo guy at a two top who was already there and for some reason was getting into with a server. He then abruptly got up, threw his napkin on the table and said I'm Pinnacle and deserve better. As he stormed off I said not on Celebrity. Not sure if he heard me. And who cares! 😂 

LOL...we had one of those on Jewel one night.  He got into it with each server each night, and even his wife did not want to sit with him any longer.  Security and an officer finally came by to talk to him...he waved them off and gruffly said "I am Diamond...don't bother me".   It was sooo hard to keep from laughing out loud.  

When they finally got him to leave...everyone around the area (including Bucky and I) broke out into a cheer.  😄 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fenton04 said:

This is the first thread I have encountered with a lot of references to underwear?

You will get that a lot on CC...once a thread has started to drift off.  It's all in fun.  😉