Design a Princess ship: Let's have some fun

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

I had mentioned it before that they should have one elevator marked for disabled travelers who use mobility scooters, walkers or just canes.  It does not have to go empty but if a disabled traveler is waiting then others on that elevator should exit to make room for the disabled traveler.

As if that is going to happen by some people.

By the way I agree with one be for disabled travelers.

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

When Princess did this, they had 3 (I think:  milk, dark, and mint).  I would trade/give away all of my dark chocolate.

And the dark chocolate is the only one we'd keep.

We'd be happy with something very similar in size and design as Coral but a couple of changes:

The first, of course, is cabins with better bathrooms and comfortable seating in all cabin categories.

The second would be to redesign the Bayou restaurant/bar so that it feels less like a brick barn. 

Other than that it's close to perfect for us.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We'd be happy with something very similar in size and design as Coral but a couple of changes:

The first, of course, is cabins with better bathrooms and comfortable seating in all cabin categories.

The second would be to redesign the Bayou restaurant/bar so that it feels less like a brick barn. 

Other than that it's close to perfect for us.

Agree with all of that. In Corals case the balcony category to have a deluxe option with sofa, rather than going to a mini suite just get a sofa 

Just now, leck57 said:

Agree with all of that. In Corals case the balcony category to have a deluxe option with sofa, rather than going to a mini suite just get a sofa 

All cabins should have a small sofa. On the only Royal Caribbean cruise we've done even the inside cabin had a sofa.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Bring back the two R-Class ships.  Pacific Princess and the Ocean (Tahitian) Princess and give them a sliding glass cover over the pool.  Adults only!  Call them the Virgin Princess and Viking Princess.  😆   

Edited by cruisinsince75
  • Like 3

Adult only ships. No inside smoking. Dedicated Platinum and Elite Lounge. Pillow chocolates in the evening. I'm liking this class of ship. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 8:13 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Princess currently has 4 classes of ships:

Panamax(?)

Grand/GEM

Royal

[Sun] Sphere

Which Princess ships are Panamax layout?

My suggestions:

> Photo Gallery: change display method. Ppl should use their medallion to locate all their photos on a single large display screen & request there thereby freeing up space

> Art Gallery: minimize. Provide another large display screen to be able to search by artist & 'reserve / request' there if desired thereby freeing up space (I won't but hey obviously some do)

> all extra space to any bar ... don't really care which ..... or if another sphere class ship, PUT IC BACK 

The only thing Princess needs is a new IT Dept (I know the current one can't do have that but they could)

Edited by Ombud

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your post, but you have to "play" by the rules.  Can't take "I like this..." from a different cruise line.  Princess WILL only include what they already have (aka sheldon cooper).

1 hour ago, john watson said:

Horizontal elevators like on the Carnival Pinnacle Project.

Regards John

@Ombud The only two ships in the fleet that are Panamax built are Coral and Island.  They are narrow enough to go through the Historic Locks.  "unTechnically", they have only one inside cabin per deck (instead of the back to back on the larger ships).

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@Ombud The only two ships in the fleet that are Panamax built are Coral and Island.  They are narrow enough to go through the Historic Locks.  "unTechnically", they have only one inside cabin per deck (instead of the back to back on the larger ships).

I've been thinking about going on the Island. I've heard the buffet is in the front with wrap around windows. Should find a food plan and check it out ✔ 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

I'd like an adults only Royal Class ship, definitely keep the International cafe in the piazza area. I love sitting with a coffee watching the world go by. I'd like to see an hour or so each evening given over to ballroom dancing. It's very pleasing watching ordinary people dancing or even just trying to dance such graceful dances. 

I need the ship to be no smoking anywhere. Full promenade deck with plenty of seating available. I would like the buffet to be like the Sun, not self service. And since this is a fantasy wishlist, I'd like to be able to get a lounger near the pool any time I want.

And finally, on my fantasy ship, there is ZERO upselling!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I've been thinking about going on the Island. I've heard the buffet is in the front with wrap around windows. Should find a food plan and check it out ✔ 

I would prefer the Coral but don't know if she is doing any transits.  Yes, buffet is in the front/bow.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I got one...... instead of all this upsell business just go ahead and create a small ship high end Princess ship with larger stateroom, balconies, specialty restaurants, better entertainment and of course a culinary experience closer to Oceania. I'm sure alot of the Princess faithful that travels mostly in suites or mini suite a would be interested.  Let's face it suites are nice on Princess but are not a upscale experience.

Edited by Kineticoh20
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Meant FLOOR plan not FOOD plan

It reads quite OK as food plan. There are plenty that sit there all day, so they must have a food plan. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kineticoh20 said:

I got one...... instead of all this upsell business just go ahead and create a small ship high end Princess ship with larger stateroom, balconies, specialty restaurants, better entertainment and of course a culinary experience closer to Oceania. I'm sure alot of the Princess faithful that travels mostly in suites or mini suite a would be interested.  Let's face it suites are nice on Princess but are not a upscale experience.

Sounds nice. Concierge lounge on Royal Class is a bit of an upscale compared to earlier ships. We quite enjoyed that addition to Princess' usual suite privileges. It would be nice to have a concierge lounge retrofitted into the earlier ships, and a must for our new Princess ship too.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Sounds nice. Concierge lounge on Royal Class is a bit of an upscale compared to earlier ships. We quite enjoyed that addition to Princess' usual suite privileges. It would be nice to have a concierge lounge retrofitted into the earlier ships, and a must for our new Princess ship too.

I thought sphere class has that ... saw it on the Royal Princess and despite being a little small, looked nice. 

7 hours ago, doghog said:

Dedicated Platinum and Elite Lounge.

There are now so many Elites that JMHO the 'new lounge' should be for just them. Otherwise it needs to be as large as Vista Lounge (which is where the P-E lounge was each night and yes, it filled up)

• Haha 1

I have suggested that to the concierges on the Grand/GEM Class ships.  I don't see why they could not take one of the venues (or a couple of inside cabins) and create a lounge.  They could have even taken the cigar lounge and used it as a Concierge's Lounge instead of a useless..pathetic arcade.  

46 minutes ago, arxcards said:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scirocco Breeze said:

I would like the buffet to be like the Sun, not self service

Doesn't that really slow things down if the staff makes a salad according to each person's wants or are they only prepare stuff that I would need to dump on a plate and redo?

56 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Doesn't that really slow things down if the staff makes a salad according to each person's wants or are they only prepare stuff that I would need to dump on a plate and redo?

Honestly, I don't mind lunch being a slower affair. My working day involves grabbing something in haste and eating on the run so when I'm on a cruise I am more then happy to take my time. I've not yet sailed on Sun so I can't say how much it slows things down, we need to find people who have and ask them. It seemed to work pretty well when I sailed on Sky immediately post covid though.

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thank you for your post, but you have to "play" by the rules.  Can't take "I like this..." from a different cruise line.  Princess WILL only include what they already have (aka sheldon cooper).

I just checked and you are correct.  Logically you would take all features already on the fleet and not get very far in the design

Regards John

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ombud said:

I thought sphere class has that ... saw it on the Royal Princess and despite being a little small, looked nice. 

There are now so many Elites that JMHO the 'new lounge' should be for just them. Otherwise it needs to be as large as Vista Lounge (which is where the P-E lounge was each night and yes, it filled up)

Don't be a bummer. Not on the ship I want built. Who said it had to be a small lounge. Remember this is suppose to be a fun thread.

On our March Enchanted cruise the Vista Lounge was never full when we were enjoying the CC HH. 

• Thanks 1