Tutti Salad Bar lunch on sea days

Posted (edited)

I read on one post that the Tutti Salad bar is no longer available on their cruise.  Has this been eliminated on all ships or just the big ones?  Wife loves this and we chose trips with many sea days just to take advantage of this healthy alternative that was very unique and enjoyable.

I searched RCI CC site but no hits answered my question UNTIL the thread showed up after I posted this question on how many ships have/don't have this salad bar.

Edited by OBX-Cruisers
Added late appearing thread item

2 minutes ago, OBX-Cruisers said:

I read on one post that the Tutti Salad bar is no longer available on their cruise.  Has this been eliminated on all ships or just the big ones?  Wife loves this and we chose trips with many sea days just to take advantage of this healthy alternative that was very unique and enjoyable.

I searched RCI CC site but no hits answered my question

Can't answer on the other ships, but it wasn't available on our sailing last year on Freedom. Made me very sad.

• Like 2

I've heard of the Tutti, but have never seen it, even many years ago.  How is it different from the large array of salad ingredients available in WJ and Park Cafe every day?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I've heard of the Tutti, but have never seen it, even many years ago.  How is it different from the large array of salad ingredients available in WJ and Park Cafe every day?

It was available in the MDR on sea days. No buffet. You requested what you wanted in your salad and they put it together for you. No swim wear allowed. We preferred it to the crowds in the WJ and miss it as well.

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I found many more salad topping options, and it was mixed/chopped up to my liking. Just brought me to my happy place.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

We enjoyed the Tutti salad when it was offered in the MDR on sea days. Worked for us as we rarely eat in the WJ and especially on sea days. I'm sure the incredits I selected to have my salad built were also offered in the WJ. Possibly some that weren't offered in the WJ. Plus you get a little entertainment. 😄

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

I found many more salad topping options, and it was mixed/chopped up to my liking. Just brought me to my happy place.

Where I learned to use a pizza wheel as a salad prep tool 😃

Not quite the Tutti Salad and fewer ingredient options but there is a salad bar on Radiance near the Park Cafe (solarium). You tell the crew member which toppings you want and they build it. Shout out to Shanice - she was a favorite! 

It was not available for us last cruise on Wonder in December.  We always enjoyed it but I do not know that it was any healthier than anything you could have gotten in the WJ, just prepared in front of you and chopped nicely.

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

It was available in the MDR on sea days. No buffet. You requested what you wanted in your salad and they put it together for you. No swim wear allowed. We preferred it to the crowds in the WJ and miss it as well.

1 hour ago, Candleonwater said:

Same.  Was a wonderful way to have lunch, especially since it tended to be light, which was great on sea days before lounging at the pool

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OBX-Cruisers said:

I searched RCI CC site but no hits answered my question UNTIL the thread showed up after I posted this question on how many ships have/don't have this salad bar.

Since the pandemic, gone forever.😟  Also, the breakfast buffet in the MDR is kaput.

Edited by nelblu

We loved the Tutti. Wife would get a salad and I would just tell them to put feta and prosciutto in a bowl and give it to me!! I wish they would bring it back. Seems the pandemic gave RCI an excuse to get rid of a lot of things we used to like. With ship's all sailing a full capacity, they probably won't bring back popular things we used to love. When and if bookings start to wane, perhaps they'll start bringing back some good things!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OBX-Cruisers said:

I read on one post that the Tutti Salad bar is no longer available on their cruise. 

Nope, haven't seen the Tutti Salad in ... a decade?  Too bad 'cause I love-love-loved it.  

3 hours ago, GJustice said:

Where I learned to use a pizza wheel as a salad prep tool 😃

You want a Mezzaluna Knife -- check Amazon.  It's rounded and made for chopping things in a bowl -- salad, of course, comes to mind first, but it's also good for other things.  I love mine.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, smarterman64 said:

had it on explorer for dinner one night. but less choices than the mdr lunch version

How long ago? Where was it set up if not in the MDR? 

Edited by time4u2go

Just now, time4u2go said:

How long ago? Where was it set up if not in the MDR? 

it was in dec 22. in the windjammer. it was one of the special things, like the pasta station or donut station, in that area. 

• Thanks 1