Quick D+ questions

On Anthem next week after a long time.

I did try searching but couldn’t get answers.

Are D+ drink vouchers readily accepted in MDR and specifically restaurants?

Is there still reserved seating in the theatre for D+?

We don't usually go to shows onboard but occasionally will go if there's a novelty act like juggling or a good violinist.  Regardless, being a new D+, I never heard of this perk.  Where is the seating usually?  In the back or front of theater?

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

We don't usually go to shows onboard but occasionally will go if there's a novelty act like juggling or a good violinist.  Regardless, being a new D+, I never heard of this perk.  Where is the seating usually?  In the back or front of theater?

In the middle of the balcony. There are 2 crew members with a sign stating D+ and above and they leave approximately 10minutes before showtime and the seats are available to everyone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scottie99 said:

I would be hesitant if I were you using a voucher in the MDR. It is hit and miss as to whether they charge you or not. If you don't mind standing in line at Guest Services to get it changed, go for it. I personally bring a drink to dinner these days to avoid the issue. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

In the Mdr I just said this drink is a D+ drink and never had a issue with being charged, though usually I ask for a coke.

I had occasional issues in the past as have others so I know why it was recommended to bring in a drink but no issues on my recent cruises... unless the server forgetting to actually ding me for a voucher counts, lol.

2 hours ago, rolloman said:

If you don't mind standing in line at Guest Services to get it changed, go for it.

Whenever I've had an issue in the past, I've used the CL (then DL) concierge to fix it. Much quicker than waiting in line at customer service if it's busy there.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, rolloman said:

I would be hesitant if I were you using a voucher in the MDR. It is hit and miss as to whether they charge you or not. If you don't mind standing in line at Guest Services to get it changed, go for it. I personally bring a drink to dinner these days to avoid the issue. 

6 cruises on 4 ships last winter, never any issues using D+ drink vouchers in MDR or specialty restaurants.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, rolloman said:

What's the difference where you get your drink? Off 9 night recently and voucher was always used without asking. Goes for specialty, main dining and everywhere else.

The voucher is seen on computer screen and it's the first payment method they use

Edited by cruisinfanatic

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

What's the difference where you get your drink? Off 9 night recently and voucher was always used without asking. Goes for specialty, main dining and everywhere else.

The voucher is seen on computer screen and it's the first payment method they use

To add, it is always a good idea to confirm whether or not to use a voucher with a soda or other non-alcoholic purchase as, although we usually get asked, the server may default to using it if not aware otherwise.  

At D+ you will receive 5 vouchers per person, and they are combinable - you can use yours for your spouse, and visa versa, as the case may be. The vouchers are automatically renewed every 24 hours at 5:00 AM. Any remaining unused vouchers are forfeited as they do not carry over. If at the end of the night we have any left over we will go to any bar and get unopened canned or plastic bottled beverages (beer, Truly, soda, water) to take back to the stateroom for future use so as not to lose the vouches.  The only venue in our experience they are not accepted is a the Bionic Bar.

Depending on ship and venue, reserved seating is available in the main theater, the ice rink, and the aqua theater, and has been for a number of years.  In our most recent experience it was balcony back center in the main theater, front center ice in the ice rink, and back center in the aqua theater.  If you wish to take advantage of it, I would suggest showing up about 20 minutes or so early as they open any remaining seats up to general seating about 10 minutes before the show. 

Enjoy your returning D+ cruise!

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Depending on ship and venue, reserved seating is available in the main theater, the ice rink,

We like and take advantage of the reserve seating in studio B (ice rink) but not the main theater. We don't like the location. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coachmike1959 said:

In the middle of the balcony. There are 2 crew members with a sign stating D+ and above and they leave approximately 10minutes before showtime and the seats are available to everyone

Should have read you post closer - didn't mean to repeat your information.

7 hours ago, rolloman said:

Never had a problem. I specifically tell them that I’m using the D+ vouchers. 
The only place where they consistently ask for your signature on receipt is at Coco Cay, otherwise none at all. 

10 hours ago, scottie99 said:

Yes. Regarding reserved seating in the theatre they are not in the best locations. You are better off getting there a bit early if you want to be close to the stage. 
Only places where reserved seating are excellent is at the ice rink and the Aqua theatre. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Never had a problem. I specifically tell them that I’m using the D+ vouchers. 
The only place where they consistently ask for your signature on receipt is at Coco Cay, otherwise none at all. 

...and I believe that is the result of inconsistent computer connections with the register terminals and the ship.  Not sure there are issues with drink packages or a la carte purchases but when the problem exists, they seem to have issues with tracking vouchers via the SeaPass cards.  At least that is what a bartender told me at Coco Beach club one time.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Only places where reserved seating are excellent is at the ice rink and the Aqua theatre. 

In previous years the ice rink seats were on the left front side as you face the stage, which were OK, but recently have been front and center facing the stage which are excellent, as you mention. Agree as well with the Aqua theater.

3 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

They used to use the voucher very "late" in the night in the past screwing up your daily count.... happend a LOT in the past but not anymore!

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

They used to use the voucher very "late" in the night in the past screwing up your daily count.... happend a LOT in the past but not anymore!

Yes, that all changed with the shift to the 5:00 AM reset.  But, in our experience, on more than one occasion the daily count screw ups were favorable...😉

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rolloman said:

19 hours ago, rolloman said:

I’ve been on 5 cruises this year and have never had any issues using my vouchers in the MDR. Have never been charged for a drink… and yes, it’s hit or miss whether they charge you so you can sometimes get drinks without using any vouchers !  I am a little wary of this as you never know when/if they are going to register the drinks that day so I never go over the allocation and keep a record of what I have had in my head. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

am a little wary of this as you never know when/if they are going to register the drinks that day so I never go over the allocation and keep a record of what I have had in my head. 

That’s how I handle it, especially with CocoCay where I’m not sure all our voucher drinks have ever showed up in our account and we don’t even drink a lot. Last trip I think we had 3-4 there… zero showed up.

20 hours ago, bouhunter said:

6 cruises on 4 ships last winter, never any issues using D+ drink vouchers in MDR or specialty restaurants.

Impressive streak. Thanks for sharing.

19 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

That is the big mystery when ordering drinks from the dining room. I assume because they are so over worked/busy slinging food and drinks attention to detail often is lost. Kind of funny your statement of it is the first thing on the computer screen they see and yet often when I order a drink on board they ask "Do you want to use a voucher"? Me: Uh...no...I like to save those until they expire?

22 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I had occasional issues in the past as have others so I know why it was recommended to bring in a drink but no issues on my recent cruises... unless the server forgetting to actually ding me for a voucher counts, lol.

Whenever I've had an issue in the past, I've used the CL (then DL) concierge to fix it. Much quicker than waiting in line at customer service if it's busy there.

After all this waiting, finally my first cruise at D+.  I had thought on my last trip as Diamond they just automatically use the first (then 4, now 5) drinks against your vouchers. I thought I didn't even say anything on Mariner and would get back a 0$ receipt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BillOh said:

After all this waiting, finally my first cruise at D+.  I had thought on my last trip as Diamond they just automatically use the first (then 4, now 5) drinks against your vouchers. I thought I didn't even say anything on Mariner and would get back a 0$ receipt.

They usually do and Wonder had me sign receipts for my voucher drinks in March far more often than any past sailing. There can always be mistakes or exceptions, that's all.

• Like 1