The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday May 13th, 2024

Nice, cool day here in the Pacific NW.  Went to the Costco Optical Center to get an appointment for an eye exam.  I enjoy hummus with chips as a snack.  I have different feelings about the convicts that were sent to Botany Bay.  Suspect it was their lucky day.  Think of the alternatives in England at that time.  You could be hanged for what would be a misdemeanor today and imagine trying to survive in their prisons for a few years.

Ray 

• Like 16

Good sunny late afternoon. Showers are expected tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday. 
We had a quiet afternoon and dinner at a local diner. We went around 2 :00 and missed the crowds.

I hope my lovely vet Dr Claxton enjoyed her first Mother’s Day. We were her last patient on Saturday 💔.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

20240513_161532.heic

Finally finished DD's quilt I started while visiting last year. @dfishcan laugh at the set-up. The new house doesn't have the sewing room set up yet so I was ironing on a wooden cutting board with a towel on top and binder clips in place of pins

(Hope the photo comes through-not sure how to do it from the cell phone.)

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

20240513_161532.heic 3.52 MB · 3 downloads

Finally finished DD's quilt I started while visiting last year. @dfishcan laugh at the set-up. The new house doesn't have the sewing room set up yet so I was ironing on a wooden cutting board with a towel on top and binder clips in place of pins

That is beautiful!!!

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

20240513_161532.heic 3.52 MB · 6 downloads

I was able to open the photo and I love the colors in it!  You did a beautiful job.  I dropped mine off at the long armers today.  I was supposed to have it in last week, but I was fighting with the borders.  The pattern called for mitered corners.  The first two were perfect.  The next two were a mess and I had a ruffle on the bottom instead of a border.  I think I redid those corners 5 times each.  Part of the problem was that it was a big border - 9 inches - made up of three different borders.  But, it is good enough now and will have to do!  

Susie, my sewing room is the dining room table.  Sue has taken over the entire downstairs, so that is what I am left with.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@SusieKIslandGirl I post all my pictures from my iPhone.  Go to add files.  Select photo library. Select the picture you want to add.  It will appear below your message.  Click insert. Viola, you have added pictures.  Hopefully the same process works for other types of phones.

i could see your quilt.  I love the colors!  I look forward to meeting you on the Oosterdam in 2025.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It feels like it’s been a long day and I’m just drained. Many thanks for all your support!  Thinking of us as you all go through your own “stuff”. It helps so much!  Nancy, Gerry, Terry, Elizabeth, Vanessa, Debbie, Lenda… I know I’m missing more of you, I’m sorry, I’m not at my best. I read some of the thread at doctor office so I was distracted, or reading to distract myself!  

Things did not go badly at the eye doctor, so that’s good!  He did laser-burn the second stitch trying to keep the new drainage incision open. With a little nudging, the pressure dropped, but down to 2! Oiy!  But the eye didn’t collapse!!  The pressure recovered within half hour but too high, 17. The doctor agreed that this process is an emotional ride!  So we’re on to a slightly new plan: 8x/da steroid drops, 4x/da pressure massages to push fluid through the incision and keep it open. No meds to lower pressure, see how it does. Come back next Monday. They want the pressure 10 or lower without meds (which DH has become allergic to). We’re not giving up. And grateful nothing bad happened with opening the stitch early. He did say the inflammation is much decreased and it generally looks better. We wait. 

Mother’s Day has always been hard for me but yesterday I felt good texting many friends, especially those who lost moms or babies. I got a text with a touching tribute from my younger stepson (1st marriage) which warmed my heart, and a greeting from his older brother so it felt good to be remembered. DH gave me loving cards and we had a special dinner in the dining room with a couple from down the hall. And wine! 😉. Then faced today. And we will face tomorrow together too. So much to be grateful for!  

Pennie, hoping you bounce back slowly and improved. 
Vanessa, best of luck with BFF and your own healing! 
Sandi, great for Ren and the team. 

Love the flowers, Gaspe pic, and all the sharing. 

Welcome back Rich, and many thanks to Jacqui, Roy, Sandi, Dixie, Ann, Tina, Graham, Paul, Debbie….  each of you for being here!  
Blessings sent early this morning, have a good night!  Maybe we’ll see color tonight? The clouds stayed until this evening! 🤞

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I tried to open the quilt picture, and my computer said I had to add something, to look and since our computer is slower than molasses in January, I figured I shouldnt add something else, so thank you @kochleffel and @SusieKIslandGirlits beautiful, the colors remind me of the sea/night sky.

I did OK at the Pulmonologist, they had me walk for 6 minutes to see if my breathing got worse, and my oxygen go down, quite the reverse. The nurse could not keep up with me, so she just stood in the hall, and I would show her the oxygen level as I walked by.  Seems I should  get off my butt more.  DH has gotten to the point where they can't do a breathing test because of the holes in his face.  Doc just told him to quit smoking, or at least cut down.

Tomorrow morning is his surgery.  Be at the hospital at 9, surgery at 11. He wants to go to bed early, and I'm with him on that.

I did go out to add litter to Munchkins box, and when I walked out on the porch, the kittens were all bouncing around in their box, sat down and stared at me when I said hello kittens.

Reminded me of "the claw" in Toy Story.

th?id=OIP.9R3278rRQ8DD1qPn9_OJrAHaLH&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

@kazuI hope you are feeling better 

@NickelpennyI hope that you are surviving today, even though -not admitted, I hope they feed you and take care of you.  I hope all went well.

Hugs to all of you

93531-Good-Night.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

20240513_161532.heic 3.52 MB · 36 downloads

By going to one of apps that came with my tablet, I was able to download your picture.  The quilt is lovely,

3 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

It feels like it’s been a long day and I’m just drained. Many thanks for all your support!  Thinking of us as you all go through your own “stuff”. It helps so much!  Nancy, Gerry, Terry, Elizabeth, Vanessa, Debbie, Lenda… I know I’m missing more of you, I’m sorry, I’m not at my best. I read some of the thread at doctor office so I was distracted, or reading to distract myself!  

Things did not go badly at the eye doctor, so that’s good!  He did laser-burn the second stitch trying to keep the new drainage incision open. With a little nudging, the pressure dropped, but down to 2! Oiy!  But the eye didn’t collapse!!  The pressure recovered within half hour but too high, 17. The doctor agreed that this process is an emotional ride!  So we’re on to a slightly new plan: 8x/da steroid drops, 4x/da pressure massages to push fluid through the incision and keep it open. No meds to lower pressure, see how it does. Come back next Monday. They want the pressure 10 or lower without meds (which DH has become allergic to). We’re not giving up. And grateful nothing bad happened with opening the stitch early. He did say the inflammation is much decreased and it generally looks better. We wait. 

Mother’s Day has always been hard for me but yesterday I felt good texting many friends, especially those who lost moms or babies. I got a text with a touching tribute from my younger stepson (1st marriage) which warmed my heart, and a greeting from his older brother so it felt good to be remembered. DH gave me loving cards and we had a special dinner in the dining room with a couple from down the hall. And wine! 😉. Then faced today. And we will face tomorrow together too. So much to be grateful for!  

Pennie, hoping you bounce back slowly and improved. 
Vanessa, best of luck with BFF and your own healing! 
Sandi, great for Ren and the team. 

Love the flowers, Gaspe pic, and all the sharing. 

Welcome back Rich, and many thanks to Jacqui, Roy, Sandi, Dixie, Ann, Tina, Graham, Paul, Debbie….  each of you for being here!  
Blessings sent early this morning, have a good night!  Maybe we’ll see color tonight? The clouds stayed until this evening! 🤞

Maureen, it sounds like things are slowly heading in the right direction, and the eye is healing slowly. 

48 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I tried to open the quilt picture, and my computer said I had to add something, to look and since our computer is slower than molasses in January, I figured I shouldnt add something else, so thank you @kochleffel and @SusieKIslandGirlits beautiful, the colors remind me of the sea/night sky.

I did OK at the Pulmonologist, they had me walk for 6 minutes to see if my breathing got worse, and my oxygen go down, quite the reverse. The nurse could not keep up with me, so she just stood in the hall, and I would show her the oxygen level as I walked by.  Seems I should  get off my butt more.  DH has gotten to the point where they can't do a breathing test because of the holes in his face.  Doc just told him to quit smoking, or at least cut down.

Tomorrow morning is his surgery.  Be at the hospital at 9, surgery at 11. He wants to go to bed early, and I'm with him on that.

I did go out to add litter to Munchkins box, and when I walked out on the porch, the kittens were all bouncing around in their box, sat down and stared at me when I said hello kittens.

Reminded me of "the claw" in Toy Story.

th?id=OIP.9R3278rRQ8DD1qPn9_OJrAHaLH&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

@kazuI hope you are feeling better 

@NickelpennyI hope that you are surviving today, even though -not admitted, I hope they feed you and take care of you.  I hope all went well.

Hugs to all of you

93531-Good-Night.jpg

Annie, best wishes for a good outcome tomorrow with DH's surgery.  Good news about the breathing test. Keep up the good work.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Maxine, I read that thread just before coming here.  What a mess, but for me, I would not have been disappointed.  I like the inside passage that's in Alaskan waters, but the area between Vancouver Island and the mainland has too many trees and gets old after a few hours.  Sorry, about that to our Canadian Dailyites, but this west Texas girl prefers wide open spaces. Besides, many times, the ship is transiting that area at night.

Lenda

Lenda, I am sorry to hear that some people were very disappointed by this kerfuffle.  We have done both routes over the years, but this cruise we focused so much on Japan, and then having the port stops in Kodiak and Sitka, our brains just thought of the Alaskan passage.  We saw plenty of sea otters and birds around Kodiak.  We booked a Canaletto dinner for sailaway time out of Sitka and a couple of whales went by during our dinner.  So all was not lost.

Weather was bad and seas were high from Japan to Alaska.  The captain communicated really well throughout about timing changes, etc., to deal with that and we sure never missed a meal.   DH and I were impressed that when the mistake was made later, the captain didn't try to blame anyone or throw any team members under the bus.

But again, sorry to hear that some folks were so bummed out to miss that Canadian passage.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Lenda, I am sorry to hear that some people were very disappointed by this kerfuffle.  We have done both routes over the years, but this cruise we focused so much on Japan, and then having the port stops in Kodiak and Sitka, our brains just thought of the Alaskan passage.  We saw plenty of sea otters and birds around Kodiak.  We booked a Canaletto dinner for sailaway time out of Sitka and a couple of whales went by during our dinner.  So all was not lost.

Weather was bad and seas were high from Japan to Alaska.  The captain communicated really well throughout about timing changes, etc., to deal with that and we sure never missed a meal.   DH and I were impressed that when the mistake was made later, the captain didn't try to blame anyone or throw any team members under the bus.

But again, sorry to hear that some folks were so bummed out to miss that Canadian passage.

I'm amazed that the thread has remained civil enough not to be locked.

Roy

• Like 6
  • Haha 2