Captains Club Elite Cocktail Hour

2 minutes ago, doghog said:

We'd like to see the CC would bring back the pre shutdown CC HH. 

That is what they are expanding to include embarkation day.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That is what they are expanding to include embarkation day.

Appreciate the additional evening.

I know that. My comment was referencing the pre shutdown CC HH event held in a reserved lounge from 5 to 7 with drinks and hors d oeuvres. Expand the current recently resurrected CC HH which now is only two to three nights, depending on the length of the cruise to every night, again.  

Edited by doghog
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, doghog said:

I know that. My comment was referencing the pre shutdown CC HH event held in a reserved lounge from 5 to 7 with drinks and hors d oeuvres. Expand the current recently resurrected CC HH which now is only two to three nights, depending on the length of the cruise to every night.  

When we travel with friends who use the HH nightly ( we don't as we have a beverage package) they prefer the ability to meet at different bars, preferring to find a quieter, less crowded spot.   

Our last cruise had over 800 Elites and above too many for most spaces to  comfortably handle even if only 1/2 attend.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

When we travel with friends who use the HH nightly ( we don't as we have a beverage package) they prefer the ability to meet at different bars, preferring to find a quieter, less crowded spot.   

Our last cruise had over 800 Elites and above too many for most spaces to  comfortably handle even if only 1/2 attend.

All the more reason to go with what RCCL does - the drink coupons you can use pretty much whenever and wherever.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

Everyone has the reason why, enjoy and works for them. We've also attended the CC HH events in the past on M &S class ships where the CC HH was well attended and other times not so much. IMO, itinerary and time of has a lot to do with it. 

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

All the more reason to go with what RCCL does - the drink coupons you can use pretty much whenever and wherever.

And even with that the CAS still has the nightly HH in a dedicated lounge as an option. 

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Understand your reason for your attendance. However, others would like to have it every night.

So, let's agree and have it every night, regardless, if we don't attend or have a beverage pkg.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Totally agree. Only RCI does not use coupons. The number of drinks are based on your status. 

Diamond 4, Diamond+ 5, Pinnacle 6.

You may have a drink at any bar, Speciality Restaurant, MDR anytime. Only limit is 4, 5 or 6 drinks within that day.

Now, let me get my popcorn and enjoy all the comments. 

Don't want Celebrity to become RCI.

Don't drink so don't need. 

Why limit me to 4, 5 or 6 per day 

Celebrity doesn't have Diamond, Diamond+ or Pinnacle.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, doghog said:

And even with that the CAS still has the nightly HH in a dedicated lounge as an option. 

Totally agree. RCI has the best approach. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, asctony said:

Most people (unless they're experienced at frat parties and the like) are probably not going to get through 4, 5, or 6 in a couple of hours either. Unless they're dragging a backpack to put unopened cans or bottles in.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, asctony said:

Totally agree. Only RCI does not use coupons. The number of drinks are based on your status. 

You may have a drink at any bar, Speciality Restaurant, MDR anytime. Only limit is 4, 5 or 6 drinks within that day.

You could go Elite 4

Elite plus 5

and Zenith 6

Same basic concept as Royal, since Diamond comes in as Elite.

Now if they would just match D+ to E+, and Pins to Zenith. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Most people (unless they're experienced at frat parties and the like) are probably not going to get through 4, 5, or 6 in a couple of hours either. Unless they're dragging a backpack to put unopened cans or bottles in.

Technically, Celebrity crew can get in big trouble serving unopened alcohol to passengers, but sometimes if you tip well... 

Also, 4, 5, or 6 drinks in a couple hours is what we in NY call "Sunday Brunch." 🤣 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

You could go Elite 4

Elite plus 5

and Zenith 6

Same basic concept as Royal, since Diamond comes in as Elite.

Now if they would just match D+ to E+, and Pins to Zenith. 

No need for zenith as they get the Premium Drinks Package for free always.

16 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Oh, I can recall more than a few visits to Michael’s Club where we rolled through enough HH drinks to decide to skip dinner 😝 

Sounds very good to me. This way I can have a drink whenever I want one. During the day or at night before dinner, during dinner and after dinner. 

This would also save money for Celebrity. 

Thanks for the comparison and suggestion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asctony said:

How about

Celebrity isn't Royal and we prefer Celebrity, Royal is available to those who prefer that cruise line.

• Like 3