Woo Hoo... Pinnacle now equals Zenith on Celebrity

13 minutes ago, verizon said:

You mean 340+ SOLO will be 150% on any cabin including suites ?

In fairness, I really don't know since I've never used a solo supplement...but I BELIEVE that there are exemptions from the solo supplement and I don't THINK that suites are included.  I know that certain times of the year (holidays, peak summer time, etc.) are exempt.  Hopefully someone with more direct knowledge will help.  

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

In fairness, I really don't know since I've never used a solo supplement...but I BELIEVE that there are exemptions from the solo supplement and I don't THINK that suites are included.  I know that certain times of the year (holidays, peak summer time, etc.) are exempt.  Hopefully someone with more direct knowledge will help.  

Junior suites are included.  We are cruising with our adult son and booked a JS for just my husband and an interior for my son and me.  The 50% off the single supplement (150% instead of 200%) was a considerable savings.  We’ll get extra keys and tip the JS steward extra since he will have 2 people but only tips for one.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, verizon said:

You mean 340+ SOLO will be 150% on any cabin including suites ?

@verizon
There are restrictions. From my 2023 notes on the subject:

”Single members must have at least 340 Cruise Points earned to receive the single cruise fare at 150%. This offer is based on availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Packages, Holiday sailings (Christmas, New Year’s, Thanksgiving, Easter/Spring break) and the peak summer months of June 15 thru August 15 are not included in this offer.”

Yes, suites are included in the offer.

Edited by ScubaCat3
Add suite info.
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

@verizon
There are restrictions. From my 2023 notes on the subject:

”Single members must have at least 340 Cruise Points earned to receive the single cruise fare at 150%. This offer is based on availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Packages, Holiday sailings (Christmas, New Year’s, Thanksgiving, Easter/Spring break) and the peak summer months of June 15 thru August 15 are not included in this offer.”

Will see I am Elite+ on Celebrity.

thanks for the solo info.

Edited by verizon
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, verizon said:

Will see I am Elite+ on Celebrity.

thanks for the solo info.

Note that being Elite+ on Celebrity has nothing to do with the RCI discounted solo supplement; you must have 340+ points on RCI.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

Note that being Elite+ on Celebrity has nothing to do with the RCI discounted solo supplement; you must have 340+ points on RCI.

Isn’t Elite+ = Diamond + ?

2 minutes ago, verizon said:

See post #6 of this thread.

Are there any loyalty benefits that are excluded from the Loyalty Status Match program?

Some brand loyalty benefits are reserved exclusively for loyalty program members who have attained tier status based on points or nights sailed within each brand, as opposed to those who earned status through the Status Match program. Since Status Match members only receive the tier and not the associated points, they are ineligible for the benefits listed below. 

Crown & Anchor Society:

• Complimentary Pinnacle Club milestone cruises
  • Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club amenities
  • Single supplement cruise fare reduction
  • Cheers with an Officer onboard event
  • Milestone recognition (Crystal Block)
  • Upgraded bathroom amenities
  • Pinnacle Club milestone kits
  • Chef’s Choice amenity

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, verizon said:

Yes, but the solo supplement is based on points, not tier.  A low level (175-339 points) D+ does not get the reduced solo supplement.  

Edited by Another_Critic

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

True until one gets to Zenith/Pinnacle status, and then X's becomes significantly better🍷

Agree. With this change my guess is more Pinnacles will try Celebrity than Zeniths will try RCI. I have been cruising on both lines the last several years, but with this change I will likely cruise RCI more trying to reach Pinnacle sooner than later (I still have a long ways to go). 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, 3yorkies said:

I enjoy my 490 dollars worth of free drinks on each 7 day cruise!!!   Would not go on Celebrity again unless I get to Pinnacle (only 386 points right now) as their drink program from 5 to 7 with limited alcohols sucks IMHO.

sorry that drinking is the best part for you.   But you got to that status by cruising a lot and recovering those dollars with free drinks will take a long time

I would rather the status give me better pricing for specialty dining or % off shore excursions. 

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

See post #6 of this thread.

Are there any loyalty benefits that are excluded from the Loyalty Status Match program?

Some brand loyalty benefits are reserved exclusively for loyalty program members who have attained tier status based on points or nights sailed within each brand, as opposed to those who earned status through the Status Match program. Since Status Match members only receive the tier and not the associated points, they are ineligible for the benefits listed below. 

Crown & Anchor Society:

• Complimentary Pinnacle Club milestone cruises
  • Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club amenities
  • Single supplement cruise fare reduction
  • Cheers with an Officer onboard event
  • Milestone recognition (Crystal Block)
  • Upgraded bathroom amenities
  • Pinnacle Club milestone kits
  • Chef’s Choice amenity

Thank you.

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Agree. With this change my guess is more Pinnacles will try Celebrity than Zeniths will try RCI. I have been cruising on both lines the last several years, but with this change I will likely cruise RCI more trying to reach Pinnacle sooner than later (I still have a long ways to go). 

My best guess is that this move was more to get Pins off of Royal and on to X than the other way. With Royal targeting young families and millennials, us Pins are getting in the way of their prime revenue generator. I doubt there will be much movement the other way by Zeniths, and with Silversea already an upscale all inclusive line, I believe it was just thrown into the matrix to obfuscate the actual plan.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

My best guess is that this move was more to get Pins off of Royal and on to X than the other way. With Royal targeting young families and millennials, us Pins are getting in the way of their prime revenue generator. I doubt there will be much movement the other way by Zeniths, and with Silversea already an upscale all inclusive line, I believe it was just thrown into the matrix to obfuscate the actual plan.

Totally agree with your observations my friend.  🙂 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

…and even more to the point, I suspect that those Pinns who had already started to stray (you, @cruise wizard and @island lady come immediately to mind) have caught their attention….and perhaps Royal is trying to plug that dike before it gets any bigger !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/31/2024 at 3:08 PM, 3yorkies said:

I enjoy my 490 dollars worth of free drinks on each 7 day cruise!!!   Would not go on Celebrity again unless I get to Pinnacle (only 386 points right now) as their drink program from 5 to 7 with limited alcohols sucks IMHO.

I agree, although we have a few X cruises booked that already has the drinks and wifi included, it would be nice to have the same amenities as we get on Royal. 
I think pinnacles made out better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

So do we, and even longer since we’ve only booked Celebrity recently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

and perhaps Royal is trying to plug that dike before it gets any bigger !

It is in their best financial interest to position the choice to wander in a way that keeps the revenue stream in the family. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It is in their best financial interest to position the choice to wander in a way that keeps the revenue stream in the family. 

When they did the double points deals after the shutdown, many took advantage to move up, and now royal is left with a lot of D+ and Ps along with all the perks of those levels.  It makes much more sense to shift part of this new burden to X to allow space for the families that tend to spend more on WiFi and beverage pkg.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

When they did the double points deals after the shutdown, many took advantage to move up, and now royal is left with a lot of D+ and Ps along with all the perks of those levels.  It makes much more sense to shift part of this new burden to X to allow space for the families that tend to spend more on WiFi and beverage pkg.

Many more D, D+ and P's coming from the World Cruise folks!!!!

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Exactly.  In the interview Jason Liberty gave to one travel news outlet,  he stated he doesn't want a regular Royal customer straying into the arms of the competition as their vacation conditions change.  He said that loyalty is one way to ensure that those people stay within the corporate umbrella.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Many more D, D+ and P's coming from the World Cruise folks!!!!

Probably not as many as was originally thought. The situation in the Suez caused a lot of WC cruisers to jump ship and go back home.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We did that. We took 125% FCC's and parlayed that into a 24 night B2B Arctic Circle and Iceland & Ireland. Add to that an 8 night cruise to celebrate our daughter's HS graduation, and then pretty much only because of the double points deal we scheduled a 3 and 4 night cruises mid way between other trips. All in JS's. 39 x 4 = 156. Went to D on the 8 night, then D+ on the 24 night B2B. 🙂 

Well, for us, this is much ado about nothing. As we are already Elite + with Celebrity and 525+ with Royal. I’ll call back when they get done with any additional changes or when we reach Pinnacle. 

20 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Interesting observation.  We are also E+ and D+ and miles away from P or Z.  One reason is that we have been splitting cruises between the two lines.  Although chasing one of these next levels is not really a priority for us, it now makes sense for loyalty members in this situation to focus on one line for awhile and get to P or Z.  Then get an automatic Loyalty match.