Pirate's LIVE on Vista Again *June 9-15, 2024*

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from pirate4me2! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

pirate4me2 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Hey, Cruise Critic family!

It’s that time again….time for Pirate (aka ME) to set sail on the high seas again. I wasn’t supposed to sail Carnival again until October, but the itinerary I had us booked on for that trip just wasn’t appealing to me (Nassau, Freeport) so I swapped the hubs and I over to the June 9 sailing aboard the Vista. There are so many great things going about the change: I get to cruise again sooner than planned (yay!), I was able to snag my favorite Havana “patio” stateroom (5239, just steps away from the pool & bar!), the itinerary goes to Grand Turk, AND the sailing takes place over Chris’s 40th birthday. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate, can you?

Once we were swapped over, I quickly went to book our go-to hotel in Cape Canaveral, Home2Suites. Unfortunately their park & cruise package was already booked up, so it looks like we will be parking at the port. Honestly that doesn’t break my heart, we did it on our girls’ cruise in April, and it was nice to walk off the ship, to the vehicle, and be on our way! No waiting on a shuttle to get us back to the hotel and our car, and when you have a long-ish drive home (about 8-9 hours for us) every little bit of time saved helps.

I have no excursions planned this go-round, so don’t expect any exciting adventures from me. This itinerary is catering to our inner fishes (bad grammar there, I know, but I don’t care!), it’s PERFECT for beach days. Chris has never been to Half Moon Cay, but I remember when I spent my birthday there in 2019 it was wonderful….truly like a slice of Heaven on earth!  Grand Turk of course is our favorite laid back beach day stop (on Carnival anyway), I will just walk off the ship and wander down the beach that day. It also happens to be our port of call on Chris’s birthday, yahoo! I booked him a scuba excursion since he loves scuba diving and I bet there will be some wonderful things for him to see there. I MIGHT check out Jack’s Shack since we haven’t been since new owners took over, but maybe not…I haven’t heard good things since the swaparoo. As for Amber Cove, I am not a fan of this stop and plan to stay on the ship in the Havana area. We have the drink package, maybe this will be the day I hit 15.

I did decide that since we have quite a bit of OBC (stock, and Milestone credit for me) to go all-out and do a bunch of specialty dining this cruise. We will eat the first night in Cucina, hoping that it will redeem itself from our Mardi Gras/Celebration trips. It just doesn’t seem to be the same quality on those 2 ships as it has been on the “pay” ships, but maybe that is a post-COVID thing. Anyway, going the first night I get a “free” bottle of wine, so if the food isn’t up to par, I’ll just drink my dinner! That bottle, combined with a Cheers package, could make for an interesting first night onboard! The second night (first elegant night) we will dine in the steakhouse, which never disappoints! And finally, thanks to @Jamman54 and his recent Vista review, we will dine the last night of the cruise in Jiji’s. We tried it years ago on the Sunshine (I think?) and were not huge fans, but his recent review looked delicious, and I believe that everything deserves a second chance. So, while we may lack in exciting port adventures and pics, be prepared for some delicious (hopefully) food pics!

So, now that we have all that out of the way, who’s ready to sail? Pack your bags, and make sure you don’t forget the sunscreen or swimming attire!

• Like 22

56 minutes ago, pcvtmom said:

I'm along for the ride (figuratively!).  I always enjoy your reviews!

Thank you for the kind words!! And for following along on my adventures. 🙂

41 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Can't wait!  Let's go!

I'm ready! Is it time yet??

33 minutes ago, edspec said:

Sounds like a great trip, looking forward to your Live.  Have fun!

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, SenatorsFan said:

Count me in too! Hope you have a great time. 🥂😃

Thank you!! 

41 minutes ago, BohJang said:

I’m here also. Sound like it will be an awesome cruise

I hope so! Thanks for following along!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mkcurran said:

Let's get cruising!

C'mon, weekend! If only I could fast forward to then....

46 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Yay, this comes at just the right time as other "lives" are ending! Can't wait to "see" Setyo again on your cruise and hopefully a few more of our favorites! Safe travels as you make your way down here. 😍

Setyo better still be there, I need a familiar face! I got news that Goran just left the Alchemy bar, I was so looking forward to more of his creations. 😞

Is Cape Canaveral ready for the flashes from my crazy sunglasses? 😁

• Haha 7

Setyo is supposed to be on Vista until later this month so hopefully that hasn't changed. We're looking forward to seeing her on Mardi Gras in September.

If you don't already know Melissa, she's fantastic! She was on three of our Mardi Gras cruises (Center Stage Bar, Java Blue and Brass Magnolia). On Vista, Melissa was at the lobby bar in April. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0962b749901f64f994d53a0407d6c6b8.jpeg

Cape Canaveral can always use some more bling! I'll probably be able to see you at Fishlips from our front door. 😎 😂

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Setyo is supposed to be on Vista until later this month so hopefully that hasn't changed. We're looking forward to seeing her on Mardi Gras in September.

If you don't already know Melissa, she's fantastic! She was on three of our Mardi Gras cruises (Center Stage Bar, Java Blue and Brass Magnolia). On Vista, Melissa was at the lobby bar in April. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0962b749901f64f994d53a0407d6c6b8.jpeg

Cape Canaveral can always use some more bling! I'll probably be able to see you at Fishlips from our front door. 😎 😂

I believe Melissa may have made a few of my drinks at the atrium bar in April. I really do not hang out down there too often, but may make a special trip next week just to see. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

We would jump back on board in a heartbeat! Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces! 😁

I am hoping there are a few for me to see too! I can't wait for my first espresso martini from Setyo! 

16 minutes ago, TravelE said:

How exciting! What a perfect way to celebrate DH’s 40th!

Thanks for taking us along. 

Right? I thought it was a great way to celebrate too! He is pretty darn excited. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Love the itinerary!! And you have a Havana room!! Yippie👍😁looking forward to your review and your blingy sunglasses 😎

Thanks for coming along. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DebOinKC said:

Here for your review. Have a great time and safe travels!

Thank you! 

55 minutes ago, Amadawn1 said:

Really looking forward to your live review! Have a great time on the Vista. I really enjoyed the Havana area on that ship, too.  

We love it too! Awesome, relaxing way to cruise, rarely have to leave the Havana area! 

• Like 2

There will be 3 other ships in port with you on Sunday. I hope you have an easier parking/embarkation experience this time! Wonder is the one that causes the biggest traffic issues on Sundays, but mostly coming into the port from eastbound 528 late morning into early afternoon. It's a catch 22 at terminal 6 - if you don't go early, you get stuck in traffic. If you do go early, the garage may not be open yet. 🤷‍♀️ I think I would go early and chance it.

image.png.aa67687558a701b2f27a76b5e28e419c.png

• Like 1