No Lobster Sharing Allowed

10 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Are they allowed to use them?  I understand that they (crew) have their own bar.  I would be surprised if it honored passenger drink vouchers.

I presume they mean vouchers exchanged for a drink. 

• Thanks 1

We had the opposite occur on Jewel. My wife wanted a second lobster, our waiter said that since one person at our table did not have lobster she could have that person's lobster.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2024 at 7:06 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Ever since RCI implemented only one free lobster in the MDR on “formal” night, friends and family I cruise with who don’t like lobster have gotten into the habit of ordering lobster and giving it to someone else at the table. We have never had any issue doing this on any cruise (roughly a dozen or so). We have even had waiters encourage people to order a lobster when they ordered a different entree on the menu. 

However, last week on Radiance we had a far different experience. We were at a table of ten, where five people didn’t like lobster. Like previous cruises, these five people ordered lobster to give to the other five people, resulting in them having two lobsters each. When the waiter brought out the lobsters, the people who didn’t want them gave them to others at the table. Our waiter told everyone we were not allowed to do this. To make a long story short he eventually allowed us to do it but he wasn’t happy with us. 

I am curious if anyone has had a similar experience to what happened to us last week. 

It depends on the waiter. We were on the Radiance last month and our waiter told my daughter to order lobster for me and order an entrée for herself. He brought out her lobster and acted like she didn't like it and gave it to me then immediately brought out her entrée.  

13 hours ago, SG65CB said:

We had the opposite occur on Jewel. My wife wanted a second lobster, our waiter said that since one person at our table did not have lobster she could have that person's lobster.

I find that quite patronizing. Yeah, you can have an extra bottom dwelling scavenger only because someone else passed on it. Real classy. RCI needs to rethink this issue that they have created. I find it all very off putting. Just another reason to avoid the MDR.

It is interesting that in RCI's television commercials they don't really talk about the luxury cruise experience like they used to. Now it is all about the fun and games. At least it is honest advertising.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I find that quite patronizing. Yeah, you can have an extra bottom dwelling scavenger only because someone else passed on it. Real classy. RCI needs to rethink this issue that they have created. I find it all very off putting. Just another reason to avoid the MDR.

It is interesting that in RCI's television commercials they don't really talk about the luxury cruise experience like they used to. Now it is all about the fun and games. At least it is honest advertising.

IMO they’re getting more and more like Carnival every day…and I mentioned this in my post cruise survey last week. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I find the fascination with a food item you can get at Walmart for $6-7 to be the most ridiculous cruise ship tradition.

Your Walmart sells lobsters? Ours doesn't.

49 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Screenshot_20240612_092424_Chrome.jpg

I had no idea this existed, but it is available for pickup today at my Walmart. “Previously Frozen”

On 6/11/2024 at 7:00 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

I was always curious if they served lobster in the WJ on lobster night.  Do they?

Only ICON and it was all you can eat in the WJ. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

If you both have the deluxe drink package, RCI staff is not going to care if you share drinks. Just an FYI, there is no drink limit on RCI. The only cruise lines I know that have a drink limit are several cruise lines owned by Carnival Corporation. Drink vouchers for Diamonds and above are allowed to be shared. I have heard that countless times from bartenders (and higher) since they implemented this policy post COVID restart. 

If you share drinks with each other, no problem. If you share with somebody that doesn’t have a package, if the server knowing lets you do it and gets caught, he/she will be getting off at the next port. They know the rule and ignored it. Not your problem.

On 6/11/2024 at 7:00 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

I was always curious if they served lobster in the WJ on lobster night.  Do they?

I have only had it happen once. It was on Allure. They were the most rubbery and tasteless tails that I ever had.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grandgeezer said:

If you share drinks with each other, no problem. If you share with somebody that doesn’t have a package, if the server knowing lets you do it and gets caught, he/she will be getting off at the next port. They know the rule and ignored it. Not your problem.

Not sure what you are addressing. Free drinks for Diamonds and above are allowed to be shared. If you have the deluxe drink package, sharing is not allowed. 

3 hours ago, Nolefan95 said:

Only ICON and it was all you can eat in the WJ. 

Three weeks ago on the embarkation lunch in the WJ on the Symphony they had a raw bar of cold lobster tails, peeled jumbo shrimp, and tuna tartare. I've never seen that before. No limits.

1 hour ago, kirtihk said:

Multiple people... as opposed to a "singular" people

Well, they're not Shakespeare. It's still unambiguous though.

Once my father saw a photographer on board wearing a vest with the words "Ship's Photographer" printed on it. He told the photographer that the ship is an inanimate object and therefore could not possess the photographer. The poor photog had no idea what was happening and I felt bad for him, even though I knew my dad was just kidding around.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I started on Royal in 1988 it was Luxury Cruise, now its a Family Cruise. Me/Wife were 20, only 2 others on the Ship even younger then us. This on the newest/largest first Mega-Cruise Ship the Sovereign. Formal, Semi Formal Dining, Tea Time, Shoot even Dinner in WindJammer was a Fancy deal with table cloths, candles and Waiters, could order off Menu. WJ Lunchtime no swimwear even with cover up. I stick to Radiance Class now on longer 10-18n Cruises, few Families, even fewer Kids(10-30) and only 70-80% max passenger capacity. At least my Cruises are still cheaper then 36yrs ago.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mets123 said:

Three weeks ago on the embarkation lunch in the WJ on the Symphony they had a raw bar of cold lobster tails, peeled jumbo shrimp, and tuna tartare. I've never seen that before. No limits.

ICON had that too on Day 1 but also had a buffet of all you can eat grilled lobster in the WJ on the second lobster night in the MDR (ICON has 2 lobster nights in the MDR). 

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So that explains Icon's pricing.

It's not just the enormous amount of lobster you can get on a week's cruise, the entire dining experience is definitely a step up from a normal RCCL cruise. The food all around is of a higher quality than any other RCCL ship. Even the ice cream in the WJ and desserts are of better quality. The ship itself is incredible and I feel it's worth a premium price.  

25 minutes ago, Nolefan95 said:

It's not just the enormous amount of lobster you can get on a week's cruise, the entire dining experience is definitely a step up from a normal RCCL cruise. The food all around is of a higher quality than any other RCCL ship. Even the ice cream in the WJ and desserts are of better quality. The ship itself is incredible and I feel it's worth a premium price.  

Food is very subjective so I wouldn’t disagree with your assessment. I thought the food on Icon was good when I cruised on her in February, but I thought the food was much better when I cruised on Symphony a few weeks later. I was on the second revenue cruise (February 3-10), so perhaps the food quality/preparation has improved since then. I have been on 7 RCI cruises this year and the best food I have experienced was on Radiance. For what it’s worth, I have been on 4 Celebrity cruises this year and the food on their ships is definitely a notch or two above RCI. But bottom line is food is very subjective so I try to keep an open mind when reading comments about food quality, taste, etc.