Diamond plus specialty bogo

On 6/25/2024 at 9:36 AM, fenton04 said:

Just curious has anyone not able to take advantage of the BOBO specialty dining when boarding a ship?  Thanks in advance.

I have used the BOGO speciality dining perk 15 times or so. I have always booked the reservation within an hour or two of boarding the ship. I have never had any significant issues when booking these reservations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Can you use them on shorter intineraries like 3-4 day cruises or is there a minimum length?

I’ve had mixed results on this one.  On one ship (I think it was Allure, but I’m not certain), we were only permitted to use our BOGO on night #1 but that is the only time we have had that kind of limitation.  I wasn’t happy, but I didn’t argue.  In my mind, they were saving me money so I just went with it !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

I’ve had mixed results on this one.  On one ship (I think it was Allure, but I’m not certain), we were only permitted to use our BOGO on night #1 but that is the only time we have had that kind of limitation.  I wasn’t happy, but I didn’t argue.  In my mind, they were saving me money so I just went with it !

It has been a while since cruising with RCC, first cruise as D+.  We would like to use the BOGO.  Can someone please explain where we should go once on board to book?  I am reading, directly to the restaurant or to the kiosk?  What kiosk?

thanks.

4 minutes ago, jmfdr said:

It has been a while since cruising with RCC, first cruise as D+.  We would like to use the BOGO.  Can someone please explain where we should go once on board to book?  I am reading, directly to the restaurant or to the kiosk?  What kiosk?

thanks.

There is often a kiosk set up in the promenade area on boarding day.  Depending on the ship we usually head straight to Wonderland or Izumi to make all our reservations for the week.  Lines are always way to long at chops or Jamies. There has also been a few reports that there is someone in the terminal waiting area taking reservations for all specialty. 

46 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

There is often a kiosk set up in the promenade area on boarding day.  Depending on the ship we usually head straight to Wonderland or Izumi to make all our reservations for the week.  Lines are always way to long at chops or Jamies. There has also been a few reports that there is someone in the terminal waiting area taking reservations for all specialty. 

Thanks for your information.  We will be on The Brilliance, smaller ship with few specialty dining options.  Should the BOGO booking be the same?

There is often a kiosk set up near the entrance to the MDR on the deck where you embark....but that isn't always the case and sometimes they only handle MDR reservations and not specialty dining.  That's usually where we go and then deviate from that if it fails to produce.

On 6/24/2024 at 6:59 PM, steveru621 said:

You can book on the app and let them know when you arrive that you are using BOGO.  There is no need to wait in a line.

There are rarely lines at specialty dining venues first day, easy to just walk up and book what you would like.

13 minutes ago, sassyshar said:

It's unfortunate that the BOGO isn't made  available to solo cruisers.   It would work the same, a single paid for meal, and next meal free.   Maybe I'm missing something in the equation.   

I know solo cruisers who use it just as you described. Paging @firefly333.

59 minutes ago, sassyshar said:

It's unfortunate that the BOGO isn't made  available to solo cruisers.   It would work the same, a single paid for meal, and next meal free.   Maybe I'm missing something in the equation.   

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I thought solo cruisers could in fact use the BOGO for themselves.

Yes solos can do this… I’ve done it.

I wonder, like everything else, if this is ship dependent 

1 hour ago, sassyshar said:

I have used the BOGO numerous times when cruising with friends in the manner you described. Basically we (all D+) pay for the first restaurant we go to and the second one we go to is free. 

2 hours ago, sassyshar said:

As Mike said yes where did you get this misinformation from? Solo can and do use bogo. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sassyshar said:

I am a solo cruiser . Done 5 cruises this year and only one isuue using bogo..Normally paid at first night and they comped night 2 at whatever restaurant I chose. . One couldnt figure out to do it, called a manager and they decided to just set me up for 50% off both nights.. so worked out.OK.

My information regarding the BOGO came directly from the Crown and Anchor people.   I earned my D+ two cruises ago and I called regarding the free amenity and asked at that time.   Agent placed me on hold and told me that I couldn't use it, since I was a solo.   I'll check once I get onboard next week (Allure) and see if I can use that benefit.   Thanks everyone for information!!!  Just to be clear, I should go to the Specialty Dining kiosk to set this up.   I'm a very happy camper or rather cruiser knowing this.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sassyshar said:

My information regarding the BOGO came directly from the Crown and Anchor people.   I earned my D+ two cruises ago and I called regarding the free amenity and asked at that time.   Agent placed me on hold and told me that I couldn't use it, since I was a solo.   I'll check once I get onboard next week (Allure) and see if I can use that benefit.   Thanks everyone for information!!!  Just to be clear, I should go to the Specialty Dining kiosk to set this up.   I'm a very happy camper or rather cruiser knowing this.

Most here say go to izumi, not much of a line and they always book my solo bogo. 

Allure is one that moved my 2nd night to night 2. But they allowed izumi sushi side for one. I also have done chops and 150 on allure as a solo bogo. Pay for night 1 and had to eat night 2 for the 2nd free night. They said they just got a letter from head office and that's how they interpreted it. Be prepared to eat in specialty night 1 and night 2. ..but they could have changed by now when other ships werent doing this. Did bogo on allure just last sept. 

It was a b2b as a solo. Since I mentioned 3 restaurants thought I'd add i did it both weeks on the b2b bogo solo.

Edited by firefly333

On 6/29/2024 at 12:35 PM, smokeybandit said:

I thought solo cruisers could in fact use the BOGO for themselves.

I deo UDP about half of my cruises.  But when I don't I have never had a problem doing the BOGO as a solo.  Some ships make you do nights 1 and 2.  Others let you do 1 or 2 and then any other night.   Some charge for the highest price meal, others charge for first meal with second free no matter which is more.   So I always do the more expensive one second just in case, lol.