The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday June 26th, 2024

33 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone!

it was a busy day here on Golden Beach.   Two of the men went golfing and the ladies and other two men went to Charlevoix to check out the shops.  We bought salads and sandwiches at the deli and had a nice picnic in Bridge Park and then checked out all the stores.  i came home with two new t-shirts.  Sunset on Golden Beach.

IMG_3407.thumb.JPG.f84a13b6a349eb108640a5bab93bfcdb.JPG

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha Debbie!!!

This is a keeper for me! Beautiful sunset

and also one for future sketches!

Thank you,

🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo, Denise😊

• Like 10

Another day in paradise....I made the largest sale today, that I have ever made in the 7 years I have worked for this telemarketing firm.  I was calling people who had auto renewal, but the client didnt know what card they wanted to be charged on.  How about the one in the records?  Any way, it was over 8500 dollars, add that to two 1k + and in 5 hours I sold over 11 thousand dollars worth of tickets.  Even at 2 percent commission I should be getting over 120 bucks extra.  And what happens?  My boss called, and i thought he was going to congratulate me, instead he started yelling that I had left notes on the first page of the order, and why was I doing that?  Maybe because that order took more than an hour to do?  And I forgot?  And did I tell the woman we were going to charge her 5 dollars to print these tickets, yes, and she said it was worth every penny not to have to deal with 5 groups of people when we send out e tickets.And the blankety blank hung up on me.

That'll teach me.

@Nickelpenny There is a nice long book called And Ladies of the club, it got me through my post appendix, when they put in staples and my dog was so happy to see me, she pounced on my belly and took out three of the staples....It should keep you somewhat stationary for a week or two.  Its about a group of women who form a sort of book club, it starts at the end of the civil war, and ends when the last of the original members pass on.  I loved this book!  And I mean loved this book.  In fact, I think I will read it after I finish Treasure Island.  A classic I never read,until now, but im into N. C Wyeth Illustrations so I got Treasure Island.  It's amazing how much "language" in our lives come from that book.

@Cruzin TerriI'm hoping for the shot to work!  Glad you made it home, and while I know it's hard when its just you, and you always taking care of someone else, but-Get some rest girl! 

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening to all of you from beautiful Bluffton, South Carolina.

It is so good to be home. I cannot tell you how good it is.

My Orthopedic Doctor decided that the first thing to try is a steroid injection.  He thinks that this should take care of the pain along with some rest.  I told him that you all suggested some bubble wrap and he thought that might be a good idea as well (LOL).  

He recommended that I scrap the PT—at least for now.  Nothing to aggravate the area.

Right now I have some pain, but it doesn’t hurt like h**l like it did before.

So thank you for all your prayers and good wishes.

I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

We went out to eat and had great hamburgers at our local eatery with wonderful Margaritas.

Just hit the spot and I didn’t have to cook.

So tomorrow is another day and hopefully no catastrophes and we can move on.

In case I don’t wake up early, @Vict0riann you are in my prayers for a successful procedure tomorrow.  

i am very tired and will probably be in bed soon.

So Good Night and God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I hope the steroid injection helps and keeps you from needing surgery. 

2 hours ago, superoma said:

So these are the other doggies that join us on our wednesday gatherings

pudge the chihuahua and Rocky the shitzu

IMG_9495.jpeg

IMG_4492.jpeg

Eva, thanks for showing us the other two members of the Wednesday group.

55 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone!

it was a busy day here on Golden Beach.   Two of the men went golfing and the ladies and other two men went to Charlevoix to check out the shops.  We bought salads and sandwiches at the deli and had a nice picnic in Bridge Park and then checked out all the stores.  i came home with two new t-shirts.  Sunset on Golden Beach.

IMG_3407.thumb.JPG.f84a13b6a349eb108640a5bab93bfcdb.JPG

Beautiful, sunset, Debbie.

7 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Another day in paradise....I made the largest sale today, that I have ever made in the 7 years I have worked for this telemarketing firm.  I was calling people who had auto renewal, but the client didnt know what card they wanted to be charged on.  How about the one in the records?  Any way, it was over 8500 dollars, add that to two 1k + and in 5 hours I sold over 11 thousand dollars worth of tickets.  Even at 2 percent commission I should be getting over 120 bucks extra.  And what happens?  My boss called, and i thought he was going to congratulate me, instead he started yelling that I had left notes on the first page of the order, and why was I doing that?  Maybe because that order took more than an hour to do?  And I forgot?  And did I tell the woman we were going to charge her 5 dollars to print these tickets, yes, and she said it was worth every penny not to have to deal with 5 groups of people when we send out e tickets.And the blankety blank hung up on me.

That'll teach me.

@Nickelpenny There is a nice long book called And Ladies of the club, it got me through my post appendix, when they put in staples and my dog was so happy to see me, she pounced on my belly and took out three of the staples....It should keep you somewhat stationary for a week or two.  Its about a group of women who form a sort of book club, it starts at the end of the civil war, and ends when the last of the original members pass on.  I loved this book!  And I mean loved this book.  In fact, I think I will read it after I finish Treasure Island.  A classic I never read, but im into N. C Wyeth Illustrations so I got Treasure Island.  It's amazing how much in our lives come from that book.

@Cruzin TerriI'm hoping for the shot to work!  Glad you made it home, and while I know it's hard when its just you, and you always taking care of someone else, but-Get some rest girl! 

Annie, congratulations on the BIG sale.  Way to go.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser would you email me telizking at yahoo dot com? I have a question. 😎

thanks!

Elizabeth, I sent you and email at the above address, and I got a message the email address could not be found.  Email me at mscrystal70 at gmail dot com.  I hope that will work as I'll send a reply.

Lenda

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

That'll teach me.

@Nickelpenny There is a nice long book called And Ladies of the club, it got me through my post appendix, when they put in staples and my dog was so happy to see me, she pounced on my belly and took out three of the staples....It should keep you somewhat stationary for a week or two.  Its about a group of women who form a sort of book club, it starts at the end of the civil war, and ends when the last of the original members pass on.  I loved this book!  And I mean loved this book.  In fact, I think I will read it after I finish Treasure Island.  A classic I never read,until now, but im into N. C Wyeth Illustrations so I got Treasure Island.  It's amazing how much "language" in our lives come from that book.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Annie! Aloha!

CONGRATULATIONS!!  Be proud of yourself, you did awesome! I can tell you what I think of your boss but would get kicked off CC! LOL.

If one of my dental assistants, or hygienist was able in good faith be able to help one of my patients in a case presented to them and helped them and feel good about the decision I am so happy! If it isn’t for my wonderful staff who are so dedicated My practice would not be as successful as it was!! Your boss needs to take a chill pill and see that and know you are the one making him successful! You should be getting 10% not 2% commission! That is my humble opinion!

You go girl! 
🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo,

Denise😊

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Busy evening. My stomach is upset; I blame my injection and will talk to the GI nurse I'll be seeing next month. I didn't go to BFF's and of course the weather was fine until about 7. Then heavy blinding rain and winds started. Followed by a loud alarm from my phone for a tornado warning, that made me jump. I've had warnings around me, but not right in my area. So off I go down to the basement, until it expired. I came upstairs and about 15 minutes later, another tornado warning. Trees down in areas around me and power outages, but nothing in my immediate area fortunately. All is quiet now. It's unusual to have such bad weather here, and this is about the 4th bad storm.

@Vict0riann Prayers for you and your surgical team tomorrow.

@Cruzin Terri I hope the steroid injection takes care of your arm. I'm glad the pain is less. Get some rest.

@dfish Beautiful sunset.

@marshhawk Congrats on the big sales! Your boss sounds like a real piece of work, as they say.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

I have found out something about my sales.  I make the sale on the first call, I will jump through hoops etc. for a patron, because if the patron is happy, they will come back.  When someone tells me to call them back after I have gone through the whole sales pitch, the benefits of subscribing, the future of theatre and the arts in general these days, I will never make that sale.  No matter how many times I call, so now I only try back 3 times, on the third attempt I will leave my phone number, and put in a call back mode, but if I dont hear from them after call 4 I dump the call "release" as in Release the Krackin, and someone else can talk to them.  Sometimes they come back to me and I get them again, but if it's not a yes the second time we talk, it never will be.

You have to want the product to buy the product, and life is too short for maybes.

@JazzyV  Yup.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the HAL Fleet report.

A sunny day,it's good to be able to see the Pacific Ocean again from our home, after the foggy days, temperature 10 C.

Today we have  delivered Meals on Wheels, then went out for lunch.  

@DeeniEncinitas  Thanks for sharing your great  photo.

@mamaofami    Happy Birthday wishes to you.

@Nickelpenny  sorry that your wound opened and required re suturing, please rest and take care while healing.

@Vict0riann  sending positive thoughts to you for successful surgery.

@Cruzin Terri  hope the injection gives you relief.

@marshhawk Congratulations on your sales.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha everyone!!

A very special day wanted to send our picture of my wonderful husband and daughter!

I don’t post often as I used to but know I am always lurking and enjoying CC! 
we’re back at our home in Maui. 

🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo,

Denise😊
image.thumb.jpeg.032fb1c7c614e8d11e581dc92f3d98d0.jpeg

Thanks for sharing - great photo.

• Like 11

Terri @Cruzin Terri, I’m glad you are home and feeling a bit better, hopefully that will continue. We will keep praying for the bubble wrap to surround you. 

Debbie @dfish, each time you write Golden Beach I think of On Golden Pond, a great movie. 

Annie @marshhawk, I can’t believe a superior hung up on you, totally unprofessional. 

Deeni @DeeniEncinitas, it’s so good to see you posting more. Enjoy your Hawaiian home. 🌺🌺🌺

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Elizabeth, I sent you and email at the above address, and I got a message the email address could not be found.  Email me at mscrystal70 at gmail dot com.  I hope that will work as I'll send a reply.

Lenda

Sent 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha everyone!!

A very special day wanted to send our picture of my wonderful husband and daughter!

I don’t post often as I used to but know I am always lurking and enjoying CC! 
we’re back at our home in Maui. 

🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo,

Denise😊
image.thumb.jpeg.032fb1c7c614e8d11e581dc92f3d98d0.jpeg

What a lovely photo Denise.

You and your daughter are beautiful and your husband looks happy too.

• Like 9