Dining room dress code

DB2VA

Just got off an Apex Scandinavian cruise and a few men wore shorts 🩳 in the dining room for dinner with no issue.  The funny part is I went to the Elite breakfast one morning and was asked to remove my baseball cap 🧢 which I did but found very silly. 

12 minutes ago, IDL said:

Just got off an Apex Scandinavian cruise and a few men wore shorts 🩳 in the dining room for dinner with no issue.  The funny part is I went to the Elite breakfast one morning and was asked to remove my baseball cap 🧢 which I did but found very silly. 

Well I hope you were wearing it backwards, right?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’d like to get to know these rebels that are breaking the rules on a cruise ship and teaching the rest of us about freedom.

Every state has their hippies and gypsies ...  Peace 🙃

Edited by NMTraveller

25 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

The only time that an unknown man in shorts irritates me is on a plane next to me.

As far as conforming to the dress code on Celebrity, I wonder what jobs the men who "cannot", "never", etc. wear long pants have.....

Retirees. It not that we can not but that we don’t want to. I rarely wear long pants anymore in the summer and since moving to Texas even less as summer is long and hot. Mostly I wear long pants to the symphony and to chamber music which is almost every week from September through May. I don’t eat out at restaurants that require long pants. I change out of a t shirt to a polo shirt. I don’t wear shorts on a plane. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

I wonder what jobs the men who "cannot", "never", etc. wear long pants have.....

Not that I'm male but I work from home, 99% of the time I'm in sports wear - so yes there are jobs. That being said I don't attempt to go to dinner wearing Lululemon leggings and a tank top.

• Like 1

In the last few months I have cruised on Constellation, Apex and Reflection. On all three cruises I saw men denied entry to the MDR because they were wearing shorts. I also don’t recall seeing any men wearing shorts in the MDR, although it’s not like I paid a lot of attention to how other people dressed. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

I've never understood why folks care what others have on. Especially on a cruise. As long as it's clean and washed (and so are you) big deal. If others attire effects your vacation, your doing it wrong. 

Again.  Not my monkeys and not my circus...

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Retirees. It not that we can not but that we don’t want to. I rarely wear long pants anymore in the summer and since moving to Texas even less as summer is long and hot. Mostly I wear long pants to the symphony and to chamber music which is almost every week from September through May. I don’t eat out at restaurants that require long pants. I change out of a t shirt to a polo shirt. I don’t wear shorts on a plane. 

So, my question to you is - why do you deem the symphony important enough to follow some sort of dressing guideline/ritual/call it what you will… I would call it respect for your fellow patrons and the musicians but can’t be bothered to do it on a cruise ship?  You clearly are capable of showing some decorum when it suits you.  Look no one here really cares what you wear.  It’s not the shorts that bothers anyone, it’s the total disregard for simple rules Celebrity chooses to ask for being served in the MDR.  That, of course, is your choice, so choose to eat (or cruise) elsewhere.  Are pants really that uncomfortable gentlemen?  Try wearing a bra or heels and then you can cry about it. 😎

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

Well I hope you were wearing it backwards, right?

Is someone thinking that there was a baseball game starting that they need a baseball cap , definitely should be not allowed in dinning room , possibly hiding bald spots 😁😁

Edited by George C
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, chefchick said:

So, my question to you is - why do you deem the symphony important enough to follow some sort of dressing guideline/ritual/call it what you will… I would call it respect for your fellow patrons and the musicians but can’t be bothered to do it on a cruise ship?  You clearly are capable of showing some decorum when it suits you.  Look no one here really cares what you wear.  It’s not the shorts that bothers anyone, it’s the total disregard for simple rules Celebrity chooses to ask for being served in the MDR.  That, of course, is your choice, so choose to eat (or cruise) elsewhere.  Are pants really that uncomfortable gentlemen?  Try wearing a bra or heels and then you can cry about it. 😎

The question was asked what jobs men have who wear shorts. Since I don’t have a job and live in a region with a warm climate shorts is what I normally wear. I always wear long pants to the MDR in the evening. I never said I wear shorts or want to wear shorts. I don’t think anyone should wear shorts in the MDR but I don’t care if they do. If they are comfortable wearing shorts for whatever reason it doesn’t bother me. I don’t care if Celebrity asks men not to wear shorts and they wear shorts. I don’t care if Celebrity allows the men in the MDR who they asked to wear long pants or does not allow them in. That is not my business. I am not going to worry about it. 

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We keep our thermostat set at 72 - 76 degrees, which keeps my basement at a nice 70 degrees almost year round.  I wear sweat pants and a long sleeved shirt inside the house.  

I do the same with the thermostat but no basements in Texas. I keep my bedroom at 70 and the rest around 73. I wear shorts inside with a fleece hoody over a t shirt. It is already 90 to 100 degrees here and I don’t stay home all day so I stay in shorts in the spring and summer. 

• Like 1

Where we are from, hats/ caps are not worn by men indoors...even kids..  wear them backwards or not but removed indoors. Issue is always where to put them..

In Fla many men wear shorts out to dinner...but not at fancy restaurants..where pants are the rule..

Celeb dress code is loose enough that  most everyone can comply!

• Like 1