Are there typically more children on 7 day Bermuda cruises in June?

LB_NJ

Currently Eclipse is sailing out of Bayonne to Bermuda.  Not a ship really suited for young kids.  Teens would be bored as well I feel...Symphony of the Seas is currently also out of Bayonne, doing Nassau, Port Canaveral, and a kid friendly, at a cost, Coco Cay...Water park, big water slides, and a dry slide also..This ship is geared for kids, with also a kid friendly itinerary, but not Bermuda bound...We did 1st week in June on Eclipse to honestly avoid the kids...After that, the amount of kids will increase as the weeks go on...We enjoy a rather quiet pool area...We prefer to battle the chair savers, then dealing with the child packed pools...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hcat said:

kids can enjoy the caves, aquarium , mini golf & water stuff near the dock..

I believe the X ship doing Bermuda is newer than Summit.. Any cruises in summer will attract families!

Summit 2001, currently in Alaska...2010 Eclipse is currently doing Bermuda runs, and 2011 Silhouette will be doing the Bermuda trips next season...

Edited by Hawkstar33
misspell

8 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Early to mid June is probably the best bet for weather and fewer kids. Schools in the Northeast doesn't end until the end for June. Finals are mid June.

The local public schools were out on June 13th.  Private schools were out a week earlier around the 6th.  The first week in June would be my choice to go to Bermuda or even any time in May.

On 6/29/2024 at 4:34 AM, hcat said:

public schools in the NY area end mid to late June..colleges are earlier. 

you can check NJ  Pa Md...

I have cruised Celebrity to Bermuda many times and noticed that up to mid June there were some kids. Late June, through July and August a lot of kids. Then the number of kids drops again in September. There are still kids but July and August are peak kids. 

11 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Early to mid June is probably the best bet for weather and fewer kids. Schools in the Northeast doesn't end until the end for June. Finals are mid June.

And thais when I cruise to Bermuda on Celbrity these days. Mainly because then is the best weather and the amount of kids is reasonable. In August the weather is quite hot and humid and there are kids, kids, kids. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SI Cruiser said:

No slides, no kiddie pool, no rock climbing, no ice skating, no bumper cars = very few kids.  

A lot of kids onboard  in July and August. Hundreds. Bermuda is a destination. What is on the ship does not matter as much. Leaving from the northeast is a big draw. Quite a few families when school is out. 

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

And thais when I cruise to Bermuda on Celbrity these days. Mainly because then is the best weather and the amount of kids is reasonable. In August the weather is quite hot and humid and there are kids, kids, kids. 

Most of my cruises were sailed May to Mid June. The weather is perfect almost everywhere at that time. Now that I live in Florida weather doesn’t matter as much for Caribbean sailings . Now it’s last minute residents deals that I look for. I’m even willing to sail the 3-5 day itineraries now that I can drive to port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginger2016 said:

I'm following this too! Considering this vacation for our family. 

If was cruising with kids and giving them priority I would do Bermuda cruises on the large NCL ship class that does Bermuda every week. I sailed out of New York once on NCL Breakaway and as an adult it was my least favorite but there was so much for kids I would have picked it for a family cruise and if I was a kid and making the decision that is the type ship I would have picked. I could see the kids, particularly teens and tweens were having a ball. The large RCI ships would be good too but NCL has more regular 7 day sailings with their large ship. Don't do the small NCL ships though, only do their latest and greatest. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 10:10 PM, LB_NJ said:

Trying to get a guesstimate on whether there are a reasonable number of grade school children on June Bermuda cruises out of NJ on Celebrity .

Just got off a B2B on Eclipse Bayonne to Bermuda. There were less kids the first week which was the 16th and more on the 23rd. I saw a range of ages from toddlers to teenagers. 

On 6/29/2024 at 3:01 AM, CruiseCrew123 said:

Friends are currently on B2B to Bermuda out of NY. They have said lots of kids and college students and Never Again - lesson learnt for them 

Our TA just did this trip week ago, said same thing. Hers was free blue chip trip, even free, never again.

11 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

How was the cruise? We leave on Sunday to Bermuda. Any tips? Crowded?

We had a great time. Food and service were great, no issues. I would go again tomorrow if I could. The only time we felt it was crowded was in the Oceanview some mornings, but still no trouble finding a seat.

Edited by RosieRoo