Coco cay

kbartges

4 minutes ago, kbartges said:

Which do you prefer.  Coco beach club or hideaway beach club pass?

If $ isn’t a factor, Beach Club for the food. No interest in Hideaway. Not enough offered for us over the free areas & no interest in a loud DJ.

I wouldn’t actually pay for either but have been treated to the beach club so figured I’d answer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kbartges said:

Which do you prefer.  Coco beach club or hideaway beach club pass?

I prefer not to buy into the Royal money grab. There is vast amounts of open, free, complimentary, non-cost beach and food on CocoCay. Free loungers. Free umbrellas. I find no need to pay any money to sit on a lounger.

• Like 5

For our Feb cruise we did hideaway and it was worth every single cent for the heated pool.  It cost us less than 30 each and for us it was 100% worth it.  The DJ is not that loud and didn't bother us at all.  We spent the entire day in the pool and it was fantastic.  Can't comment on the beach club as we've never been.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, edrussell said:

For our Feb cruise we did hideaway and it was worth every single cent for the heated pool.  It cost us less than 30 each and for us it was 100% worth it.  The DJ is not that loud and didn't bother us at all.  We spent the entire day in the pool and it was fantastic.  Can't comment on the beach club as we've never been.

The beach club has lobster and shrimp and fillet. All the favorites for lunch is a big draw. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

+1 for Beach Club, nice relaxing area with nice amenities, waiters bring water and cocktails by simply raising the flag on your lounger, nice beach, towels given out are nice too and great lunch with filet all you can eat lobster and really yummy deserts. They even have Danish, coffee and tea in the morning.  

Hideaway isn't for us.

3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Keep in mind everyone’s financial situation is different. While you think the current prices are a rip off, to others the current prices are pocket change. 

Keep in mind that people that have the financial means can still think the current prices are a rip off.  And maybe they have the financial means because they don't pay rip off prices.  😄

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

“Value” for anything like the beach club or Hideaway is going to be very subjective regardless of one’s financial situation or spending habits.

One person says the beach club is worth it for the filet & lobster… Another, who doesn’t enjoy filet or lobster, won’t find value there. One person says Hideaway is worth it for the heated pool… Another, who doesn’t care about going in a pool in cooler weather, finds no value there.

I personally wouldn’t go to either unless they were close to free but I would never tell others how they should value them. People spend money on stuff I don’t find value in all the time… and if that brings them happiness, great!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I prefer not to buy into the Royal money grab. There is vast amounts of open, free, complimentary, non-cost beach and food on CocoCay. Free loungers. Free umbrellas. I find no need to pay any money to sit on a lounger.

I would agree in principle, but have paid $58 for Beach Club (loved the experience/food/pool) and now $62 for Hideaway coming up in 2 months.  I'd pay that but no higher...one and done.  It's worth it to me to avoid the masses and diaper diddle in the water...and to have both a terrific bay and a huge pool...there seem to be lots of places to be out of earshot of the DJ, I plan on running over to the Jazz Bar at Hideaway and snagging some of the hammocks.  In December of last year it was too cold to even wade in the lagoon pool so I do find value in heated water.  No point in that itinerary if you're not getting in at all.

Edited by BecciBoo

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The beach club has lobster and shrimp and fillet. All the favorites for lunch is a big draw. 

Agreed and the price reflects that.  Not a draw for us, as I am not really a fan of any lobster served by RCCL.  Luckily I can get lobster at home anytime I want it.     

I booked it for the $19.99 and the big plus is the heated pool. I agree with @cruiseaholic777 that the heated pool in April was nice.

I am passing at even $35 for my next cruise. Especially since we are the second ship that gets off three hours later than the first on our port day. We will only have about five hours max on the island.

The food choices at the Hide Away are noticeably less than the regular free areas. The only plus was the fried coconut shrimp. Everything else was the available for free somewhere else on the island.

15 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I would agree in principle, but have paid $58 for Beach Club (loved the experience/food/pool) and now $62 for Hideaway coming up in 2 months.  I'd pay that but no higher...one and done.  It's worth it to me to avoid the masses and diaper diddle in the water...and to have both a terrific bay and a huge pool...there seem to be lots of places to be out of earshot of the DJ, I plan on running over to the Jazz Bar at Hideaway and snagging some of the hammocks.  In December of last year it was too cold to even wade in the lagoon pool so I do find value in heated water.  No point in that itinerary if you're not getting in at all.

I have been to Hideaway Beach three times so I obviously like the area (especially the heated pool earlier in the year). Keep in mind this area gets crowded and it is a big party atmosphere in the pool (similar to the area by the swim up bar at the Oasis Lagoon pool before they removed the DJ booth). Additionally you can hear the music from the DJ every where in Hideaway Beach (usually a positive but a negative when trying to read in the beach area). One benefit of Hideaway Beach is the Oasis Lagoon is now a very relaxed, quiet area that never gets crowded, to include the swim up bar. I have been to Coco Cay three times in the last two months and we are spending more and more time at the Oasis Lagoon pool these days. 

• Like 1

Going off topic a little bit. We are going in September. Will the pool water be warm? We usually go in January and the pool water is freezing.

Also, we are going on Symphony that arrives at 8. There will be a Celebrity ship that would have arrived at 7. If we get off ASAP will we be able to get chairs by the pool?