Celebrity Call Centre

lahore

Posted (edited)

Hi.  I just had the most appalling interaction with Celebrity's call centre.  Does anyone know where it is?  Accent sounded strongly like Phillipines.  The guy was just horrible...really such a bad attitude. In the end I just hung up on him because I couldn't tolerate his atrocious, aggressive attitude any longer, and all I was doing was asking a question, not even something that would cause him any trouble.  Does everyone around the world have to deal with the same call centre?   It was so bad 'm hesitant to call them again....my blood pressure can't handle it. 🤯

Edited by lahore

The guy was aggressive from the get go.  He clearly wanted a 'gotcha', enjoyed scoring points. Sent me an email during the convo which was for the wrong cruise.  Repeatedly told me I was reading the wrong thing (MY fault), just when quiet when I asked questions, continued to aggressively and snidely imply that I was not up to reading an invoice.  Turns out during that he had sent me the wrong one, like entirely the wrong invoice for a different booking number so it was no wonder we were looking at a total and citing different amounts.  I said to him that an apology was due, his reply firstly ignored my comment so I repeated it.  He then said, in the most snide voice possible "sorry, now can we get on with it".   I could go on....it was totally unacceptable. 

6 minutes ago, lahore said:

The guy was aggressive from the get go.  He clearly wanted a 'gotcha', enjoyed scoring points. Sent me an email during the convo which was for the wrong cruise.  Repeatedly told me I was reading the wrong thing (MY fault), just when quiet when I asked questions, continued to aggressively and snidely imply that I was not up to reading an invoice.  Turns out during that he had sent me the wrong one, like entirely the wrong invoice for a different booking number so it was no wonder we were looking at a total and citing different amounts.  I said to him that an apology was due, his reply firstly ignored my comment so I repeated it.  He then said, in the most snide voice possible "sorry, now can we get on with it".   I could go on....it was totally unacceptable. 

Did you ask to speak to a supervisor?

It’s unfortunate you encountered this, it is unacceptable and a 180 from what I have encountered on any call to Celebrity.

Some of the call center reps may be outside the US, and both US and from elsewhere some are new and learning.  I suggest you call back on Monday when more experienced reps should be working.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

IMO on a holiday weekend it is the new employees and least senior (experienced) staff working.  Had a credit card issue today, finally gave up and will resolve it on Monday.

Unlikely you reached a 'call center'.  You'll find that these folks are all around the world, many working from home.  There's an ACD (automatic call distribution) system in between you, and they're all routed via the internet.  When you hear the roosters in the background, that's your clue ...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I see you’re upset.  Do you care to say exactly what it was that upset you?  

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

No, I did not.  I hung up on him in a huff.  True confession.  I know better, but my blood was boiling.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

It’s unfortunate you encountered this, it is unacceptable and a 180 from what I have encountered on any call to Celebrity.

Some of the call center reps may be outside the US, and both US and from elsewhere some are new and learning.  I suggest you call back on Monday when more experienced reps should be working.

I'm not in the USA either.  I didn't even think about it being a holiday in the USA. I'm glad to hear that you have had better experiences and yes indeed, I will try again when I feel less peeved.

39 minutes ago, canderson said:

Unlikely you reached a 'call center'.  You'll find that these folks are all around the world, many working from home.  There's an ACD (automatic call distribution) system in between you, and they're all routed via the internet.  When you hear the roosters in the background, that's your clue ...

Hahaha, absolutely true about the chickens!  I have 100% had that happen.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

The OP is in Australia so his call center is not yours…

8 hours ago, lahore said:

Hi.  I just had the most appalling interaction with Celebrity's call centre.  Does anyone know where it is?  Accent sounded strongly like Phillipines.  The guy was just horrible...really such a bad attitude. In the end I just hung up on him because I couldn't tolerate his atrocious, aggressive attitude any longer, and all I was doing was asking a question, not even something that would cause him any trouble.  Does everyone around the world have to deal with the same call centre?   It was so bad 'm hesitant to call them again....my blood pressure can't handle it. 🤯

They have reps working in Phillipines, Guatemala, Mexico city, even Jamaica. I've not had the best experiences and have to walk them through what I'd like them to do. I only call when my CVP is off on weekends or not available.  Some are a bit aggressive but none have been rude.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lahore said:

Roosters, dogs barking, kids screaming .... you name it, I've heard it. 😆 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You have their email, right?  Report them.  With all customer service reps, some are the best and some are the worst

This ^

And even if you weren't able to get a real name, RCI should have a record of where your call was finally routed from the ACD queue when you made the call.  They'll just need the your number and the date/time you called to pin it down.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lahore said:

and the crying baby!  My representatives have all been very pleasant females...sometimes the information has not seemed correct and in that case I just call back.

10 hours ago, lahore said:

We havent had chickens yet, but  screaming babies, barking dogs, tvs,  loud music.. and inherent language issues...Not so much on our calls to Celebrity( been lucky with them).... but  many insurance companies,  dept stores, charge cards, etc  now have calls go offshore.  Very frustrating!

One  we sense it will not go well we say ooops..have to go..we'll call later!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

We havent had chickens yet, but  screaming babies, barking dogs, tvs,  loud music.. and inherent language issues...Not so much on our calls to Celebrity( been lucky with them).... but  many insurance companies,  dept stores, charge cards, etc  now have calls go offshore.  Very frustrating!

Department stores don't answer phones once years ago I called my bank don't know where call centre was but I asked to be transferred to a country in North America and the girl said she can't do that but she could try and transfer to Canada. 😆 

• Haha 1

When I call, I usually ask where the staff member is located.  When I do get someone from outside of the United States, they have to check with a supervisor.  It can be a lengthy call.  Last week, the call was answered by someone in the main office in Miami. She quickly handled the call and before I knew it, I received a new price and then received the revised invoice in my email.

On 7/7/2024 at 12:44 AM, hcat said:

That's a good strategy, will have to borrow it.

Iahore, sorry this happened to you. Yesterday I called celebrity and spoke with someone in the Philippines, she not only was pleasant but knowledgeable and helpful. In the past I too have encountered representatives who have attitudes.

2 minutes ago, Altamar said:

Iahore, sorry this happened to you. Yesterday I called celebrity and spoke with someone in the Philippines, she not only was pleasant but knowledgeable and helpful. In the past I too have encountered representatives who have attitudes.

Yeah the reps from Philippines are pretty good and try very hard to help you seemed to be better trained.  Jamaica not so much they do laugh and joke around though. I had a bad one from Guatemala once who messed up my account I insisted he transfer to supervisor who fixed it and gave me extra $200 OBC.