Do they enforce arrival times for Navigator of the Seas in San Pedro?

First time RC cruiser here but have sailed many times on other cruise lines. We registered late and could only get a 1:00 arrival time.  I know Princess, for example, never verifies arrival times.  Does RC?

Thanks for your help.

Not sure where biker got his info from. We have sailed Navigator three times since mid pandemic. All have been the four night cruises. They have never checked or asked about our arrival time.  Some one with a recent cruise should chime in. We have not sailed her since the dry dock. 

38 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

San Pedro is the exception where most reports indicate that arrival times are enforced. 

20 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Not sure where biker got his info from. We have sailed Navigator three times since mid pandemic. All have been the four night cruises. They have never checked or asked about our arrival time.  Some one with a recent cruise should chime in. We have not sailed her since the dry dock. 

Ditto for us.  Three times in the last year and a half and never was checked for embarkation times.  Once we were in a suite so it wouldn't have mattered but the other times we were in regular cabins. 

• Like 1

On her four times in past year, most recent May 17th.   I always get the 10:30 boarding time and have always had to show my boarding pass to get in that line.   It is a very efficient and well run port thanks to the enforcement.   They have separate lines for other times.  If they get everyone from 10:30 on before 11, then they start the next line.    I have seen people told to leave and the agent points to their proper line.   Why does anyone think they should be allowed to just get on whenever they want?   That is why the lines are so long at some of the Florida ports I been to.  In San Pedro I am always on the ship with a drink in hand by 10:45 t0 11:00 a.m.   Smooth sailing!

• Like 4

We sail often from this port and have never had it enforced. All in suite's but that has no bearing at all.

Jan 2022

July 2022

Jan 2023

Next up Feb 2025

Thanks Everybody.  Just to be clear, we've sailed out of San Pedro on Princess many times and they never enforce it and there are rarely long lines when we get there. I get that Nav is a bigger ship though.  We usually get to the port around 11:30 or 12:00 anyway so it's not a huge deal either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3yorkies said:

Why does anyone think they should be allowed to just get on whenever they want?

Nobody is saying they should be allowed we are saying we have not been asked for proof embarkation time.  Each time I had an early boarding time so it didn't matter to me... I was simply answering the question the OP asked.  Where have read on this thread anyone says they should be allowed to board whenever they want?

53 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Thanks Everybody.  Just to be clear, we've sailed out of San Pedro on Princess many times and they never enforce it and there are rarely long lines when we get there. I get that Nav is a bigger ship though.  We usually get to the port around 11:30 or 12:00 anyway so it's not a huge deal either way.

I imagine arriving at 11:30 - 12:00 the line will have died off by then.  You should be golden.

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Not sure where biker got his info from.

Personal experience and reporting from others. Unlike other US ports where it’s a somewhat universal report from just about everyone that times are not enforced, San Pedro does have reports of some enforcement. Enforcement can vary wildly even on the same day - it all depends on the volume of customers at certain times. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Personal experience and reporting from others. Unlike other US ports where it’s a somewhat universal report from just about everyone that times are not enforced, San Pedro does have reports of some enforcement. Enforcement can vary wildly even on the same day - it all depends on the volume of customers at certain times. 

I will add we are never there anywhere near 10:30. Leave the house around 9am, always stop off at Downtown Disney for breakfast.  Leave the park around 11:30 and then about 45 minutes to walking into the cruise terminal.  

I’ve sailed Navigator 10+ times since she’s been in San Pedro.  In my experience, they will check if you’re trying to get on first, or with the 10:30 group.  After that, they are not very strict. Now, could you get the one older line-guarding lady that is super strict that day?  Sure…but odds are you won’t.  If you plan on 11:30, you should be fine.  I usually am able to get a 10:30-11:00 check in and go to my room right at 1pm, and from my balcony on the embarking side - at 1pm there is never a line at the “jetway” bridge.  So I’d try, but just not at 10:30.  I’d wait until after the 11:00 rush and then you should be fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattR said:

how do you get a early boarding time?

You select your boarding time at check-in, which is 45 days prior to your Sailing. Check in opens at midnight in the time zone of the ships ...

A lot of people stay up late and checkin at 12:01 am..... I don't think we have ever picked a boarding time, we just show up and get in line. We also do the video Muster on the app just before we get to the cruise port.

Posted (edited)

When we sailed they checked boarding times and there were specific lines you had to stand in outside. We had an 11am boarding time arrived around 10:15. We waited outside for 30 or so minutes in line before it started moving with the 10:30 line and we finally made it under the tent in the shade. We did not start going thru security until right at 11am. There were tons of people in long lines outside the terminal tent.

Edited by ace1zoe2
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, mattR said:

how do you get a early boarding time?

I set my alarm to log in right when the check in opens.  I usually will get 10:30, but there are a few times my computer glitches and got 11:00. 

On 7/9/2024 at 4:19 PM, 3yorkies said:

I always get the 10:30 boarding time and have always had to show my boarding pass to get in that line.

Same here. Even when we were in a suite they checked everyone’s pass/time if you arrived at the port early around 10 AM. I’m on her Aug 5th so will report back too. 

Posted (edited)

Just wanted to contribute my experience from boarding Allure in Miami today. I reserved this cruise only a week or so in advance, so my earliest boarding time option was 1.30pm, which I selected.

I showed up to the port around 11:15am. There were designated lines set up with boarding times, but they were empty, so I walked through to see if they'd let me on. They scanned my boarding pass and didn't say a word, and let me inside. Went upstairs (where there were some short lines to go through the passport check and the baggage security), stood in line, showed my boarding pass again and passport, they let me move on to baggage security without a word about my boarding time. 

Went through baggage security and got through with 2 bottles of wine as a solo passenger. They didn't even open my bags to see if they were actually wine or something else. Same experience with the wine when I went through during a Thanksgiving sailing on symphony out of Miami in 2022 (although at that time

there were 2 of us over 21 sailing so I was allowed to bring both bottles, but they didn't check them). 

I think that as long as there's not a huge crowd outside waiting in line, they'd rather let people on the ship rather then force them to wait until another line forms. Just my experience though. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

I posted this on another thread but we have cruised the NV about a dozen times since she arrived in LA. It’s a mixed bag. Depends on who is checking that day. They do have lines set up by check in time. Some agents strictly enforce it and others may not. 

We're onboard for the 7 nt.  Checked in last Friday.  We're in a suite so got through quickly, took the escalator up and then stopped.  Only 1 gangway open. Seemed to only be taking wheelchair and others needing assistance. Waited more than 10 minutes before they opened a 2nd line and then things moved.  Also note they had stopped sending anyone up the escalator during this time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2024 at 1:42 AM, taglovestocruise said:

A lot of people stay up late and checkin at 12:01 am..... I don't think we have ever picked a boarding time, we just show up and get in line. We also do the video Muster on the app just before we get to the cruise port.

Being in a wheelchair, I always check in at midnight.  In fact last night I checked in on Icon at exactly 12:01, took me forever to get to the right page but when I did, earliest time was 11:30.  I can't believe that many would check in ahead of me.  Is there an earlier time for the Miami Icon pier?  I know Galveston is a stickler and are very strict with the arrival times. No special privileges for  the impaired.  I always get the earliest time there and still have to wait to enter the new terminal in my wheelchair 😥