Double points from Aug1-Dec1 2024, will not count towards MTG ranking?

wallyj

I just saw a YouTuber share the ‘double points/days’ earned from this promotion will NOT be considered for those passengers wanting to accelerate their counted days for MTG(most traveled guest) events. You still will earn your ‘base’ days but the ‘extra doubled days’ will be backed out/not counted for calculating MTG ranking.

I have not seen this stipulation? So the double points is really only helping those who want to try to advance to a higher tier?

40 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I just saw a YouTuber share the ‘double points/days’ earned from this promotion will NOT be considered for those passengers wanting to accelerate their counted days for MTG(most traveled guest) events. You still will earn your ‘base’ days but the ‘extra doubled days’ will be backed out/not counted for calculating MTG ranking.

I have not seen this stipulation? So the double points is really only helping those who want to try to advance to a higher tier?

Who is your source?  Some times, one YouTuber, doesn’t present correct information.  I think it would be a logistical nightmare trying to sort how days were earned.  I could be wrong.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Who is your source?  Some times, one YouTuber, doesn’t present correct information.  I think it would be a logistical nightmare trying to sort how days were earned.  I could be wrong.

This YouTuber has gotten information wrong in the past, which is why I decided to ask here. I am waiting for reply from a Senior Loyalty Manager currently on board a Princess ship if they have received information regarding this issue.

A while back, Princess did revise calculating MTG ranking as they decided P&O days would no longer count and only days actually sailed ON Princess will be used. 

I have not seen any information about the double points promo that addresses this issue, so it will be interesting if we get an update or further clarification from Princess. 

I just reviewed the FAQ’s on the Princess website and there is a question asking,  I am already Elite how does this affect me? The reply says yes we value your loyalty, and you have reached the highest tier, your credits continue to be tallied for recognition for MTG. I would conclude then, your double days  WOULD count towards MTG ranking. 

I am going to have to review the YouTube video again and see if maybe I misheard what was said.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 2

You mean this?

I’m already Elite. How does this affect me?

We value your loyalty and thank you for being a loyal Princess Guest.  While you are already at the highest level of Captain’s Circle, your cruise credits continue to be tallied (and celebrated such as being recognized as the most traveled guest at the Captain’s Circle party onboard).  All guests, including Elite-level guests, who meet the promotional criteria will have their cruise credits doubled. 

We are nowhere near that level but are elite. If I remember correctly, there is a recognition/lunch of the most traveled guests that is separate from the captain's circle party. That may be the invite that was referred to in the video.

• Like 1

@wallyj  Hi Wally!  I had a conversation with someone at Princess regarding this promotion last week and I was told that the double points would count the same as normally accrued credits/days.

• Thanks 1

on our upsell to a Penthouse suite - Princess 'granted' us an 'extra cruise sailed credit' (took us to the top level at that time) but not double our 4 days of the cruise - pre bid and pre covid - been awhile...  not sure it even matters in this situation at all - other than P can separate/grant one and not the other...

27 minutes ago, memoak said:

It would take an awfully lot of days to get up to the 400+ days it takes to make the cut on most cruises 

If they double count days for cruises in this promo period, we will be close to 400 🙂. Something to strive for.

Just now, Musky Ike said:

If they double count days for cruises in this promo period, we will be close to 400 🙂. Something to strive for.

We are over 500 days and only make the cut about half the time. We find that Alaska is the easiest to get due to all the families doing the bucket list thing. 7-10 day Mexico seems to be really hard a few months ago out of SF the cut off was over 600

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, memoak said:

We are over 500 days and only make the cut about half the time. We find that Alaska is the easiest to get due to all the families doing the bucket list thing. 7-10 day Mexico seems to be really hard a few months ago out of SF the cut off was over 600

Yes, in many cruises on Princess, Alaska was the only one we got invited to the MTG luncheon,

27 minutes ago, memoak said:

Sapphire South Pacific last Fall had a cut off of over 840 days....and about the same number for the Enchanted earlier this year on its 10 dayers in the Caribbean.

• Like 1

Based on past experience, there is no way the current loyalty hosts will be able to break out days accrued during this promotion separately. The technology doesn’t exist and they don’t have the motivation to do so.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

These days 400 will not get you into MTG on most cruises. The one way Vsncouver to/from Whittier sometimes do. These days the cut off is usually around 600.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Based on past experience, there is no way the current loyalty hosts will be able to break out days accrued during this promotion separately. The technology doesn’t exist and they don’t have the motivation to do so.

Considering the the loyalty host is the ONE employee in charge of future cruise sales the motivation certainly does not exist.

Edited by TRLD
  • Like 2

Just received reply from a Loyalty manager currently on board a Princess ship and the reply was the bonus/double days WILL be counted, so unfortunately this YouTuber is passing on incorrect info. 

I did leave a comment on the video to have them check and pointed out the FAQ answer on the Princess website.

Another example to do your own verification as people do make mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"For a limited time only! Purchase Princess Plus® or Princess Premier® at least two days before you sail, between August 1 through December 1, 2024, and we’ll double your cruise credits and you’ll also move up through Princess Captain’s Circle® faster."

It's clear. You receive double cruise credits. No mention of days. Most Travelled is just that. Passengers that have travelled the most with Princess. Not those that have the most cruise credits. 

19 minutes ago, skynight said:

It's clear. You receive double cruise credits. No mention of days. Most Travelled is just that. Passengers that have travelled the most with Princess. Not those that have the most cruise credits. 

It is clearly stated that both cruise credits and sea days will be doubled.

Screenshot_20240713_165642_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6bb49debe2c6e61190e56287dfdc116a.jpg

11 hours ago, TRLD said:

These days 400 will not get you into MTG on most cruises. The one way Vancouver to/from Whittier sometimes do. These days the cut off is usually around 600.

We were invited last week, I have 188 days not bad since my first Princess cruise was in December 2019.  Just before everything went sideways.  

And we did the 10 day land cruise tour one way from Fairbanks/Whittier to Vancouver.  Spectacular.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

You mean this?

I’m already Elite. How does this affect me?

We value your loyalty and thank you for being a loyal Princess Guest.  While you are already at the highest level of Captain’s Circle, your cruise credits continue to be tallied (and celebrated such as being recognized as the most traveled guest at the Captain’s Circle party onboard).  All guests, including Elite-level guests, who meet the promotional criteria will have their cruise credits doubled. 

We are nowhere near that level but are elite. If I remember correctly, there is a recognition/lunch of the most traveled guests that is separate from the captain's circle party. That may be the invite that was referred to in the video.

Sailed on the Ruby two week ago to Alaska inside passage rt from Vancouver.  I was surprised to get an invitation to the MTG cocktail party with the Captain and senior officers.  It was very nice.  We only have 25 Princess cruises, and this is the first time we have been invited to anything pertaining to the MTG program.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

We were invited last week, I have 188 days not bad since my first Princess cruise was in December 2019.  Just before everything went sideways.  

And we did the 10 day land cruise tour one way from Fairbanks/Whittier to Vancouver.  Spectacular.

Yep the one way cruises to/from Vancouver is about the lowest cutoff you will find.

• Like 1

Just curious, why aren't we naming the you tuber who made this mistake?  I've seen other posts that include links to you tube videos, I don't think it's a violation of CC terms.   Saying "John Smith said X" where X is not factual is not a libelous statement, so why not identify?

49 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Just curious, why aren't we naming the you tuber who made this mistake?  I've seen other posts that include links to you tube videos, I don't think it's a violation of CC terms.   Saying "John Smith said X" where X is not factual is not a libelous statement, so why not identify?

From some of the responses, I believe those who have spent time on this board are aware of this YouTuber who has gotten things wrong in the past. I do not feel identifying the YouTuber is needed as it was what was presented I was questioning.

The YouTuber currently has less than 25k subscribers so on the low side of others that report on Cruising. I am not subscribed to the channel, but obviously do watch on occasion. I feel the mistake is inconsequential and not a big deal.

• Like 1