Royal Railway on my Utopia sailing sold out in 15 minutes

Also for those people who say it is not available for their cruise later in the year or next year...are you able to book say Chops yet?  Because if you can book Chops...you can book Railway now.  I know they haven't been putting the link on the actual dining page...but it is on the web servers.   

On 7/20/2024 at 6:49 PM, Sail2k said:

Also for those people who say it is not available for their cruise later in the year or next year...are you able to book say Chops yet?  Because if you can book Chops...you can book Railway now.  I know they haven't been putting the link on the actual dining page...but it is on the web servers.   

We tried to book 150 Central Park yesterday for our November cruise and when we tried to pay, it said it was not available. Royal Railway does not even show up in the dining section. I was able to see it in the app, but same thing "not available".

BTW when I go to the dining section on the app, I have no way to get out of there to go back to the main page. There is no back arrow or way to swap the page to go away. I have reinstalled the app on my iphone twice already. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

I know...it's very sad that Carnival can do their app perfectly but we have all these problems with ours.  That's the only thing we liked about our Carni cruise last April!

I just called Royal to see if it's available to book on my sailing yet, and the person I talked to didn't even know what Royal Railway is. 😑

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, travellovers2 said:

BTW when I go to the dining section on the app, I have no way to get out of there to go back to the main page. There is no back arrow or way to swap the page to go away. I have reinstalled the app on my iphone twice already. Any thoughts?

Try tapping in the upper left corner of the screen.  There is a "back" arrow, but it's white.  So when the background is dark, you can see it but when the background is white, you can't.  In the app for my cruise, when I click on Chops, the picture at the top of the screen has a dark background and I can see the white "back" arrow.  But when I click on Giovanni's, the background is white.  But when I tap the top left corner of the screen, it still goes "back" to the previous screen, meaning the arrow is still there.  Love Royal IT.

• Like 3

On 7/20/2024 at 6:49 PM, Sail2k said:

Nope, not for our February B2B. All specialty restaurants are available to book, except for the Railway. Sometimes it's there but unable to reserve and sometimes it's not there at all. I have been constantly looking daily at the app and on the web, and it's unavailable to reserve.

• Like 1

My sailing is in July 2025 and I can't find it listed on the website or in the app.  Could Royal have taken it down or is it likely it is sold out?

1 hour ago, darkprime said:

My sailing is in July 2025 and I can't find it listed on the website or in the app.  Could Royal have taken it down or is it likely it is sold out?

If you read thru the posts it seems they have only released a couple months for Wright now and it's only half way open, still being worked on.

I dont have any information other than what's posted here. I'll be there next feb so I assume we will see it before you or at the same time.

14 hours ago, Secretlyfi said:

Try tapping in the upper left corner of the screen.  There is a "back" arrow, but it's white.  So when the background is dark, you can see it but when the background is white, you can't.  In the app for my cruise, when I click on Chops, the picture at the top of the screen has a dark background and I can see the white "back" arrow.  But when I click on Giovanni's, the background is white.  But when I tap the top left corner of the screen, it still goes "back" to the previous screen, meaning the arrow is still there.  Love Royal IT.

It worked! Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this.  🙂

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Price is up to $119.99 plus 18% gratuity per person but they've opened up bookings beyond August.

When looking at the menu in just don’t see the value.  On a side note, Star Class has an up charge for this.

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

When looking at the menu in just don’t see the value.  On a side note, Star Class has an up charge for this.

I'm assuming Star will handle it like Chef's Table so I pre-booked it and will let the Genie do their stuff to adjust it.  

Agree on the price.  Too high but I've got OBC from NextCruise so between that and the Star/UDP discounted rate I'm going to try it.

I read on another site reservations appeared to be open through Dec if you book on the website. I managed to book for my  Sept cruise, though bookings are not open for March.   ( I doubt I would do this twice, unless Sept. is amazing or they change the theme). 

What’s Royal Railway include for this price? I’ve done Chefs Table and thoroughly enjoyed it. Actually, I don’t even know what Royal Railway is since I usually sail the older ships. If someone could give a quick description I’d appreciate it. I am a diamond member who has traveled Star class but I am unfamiliar. Thanks.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm assuming Star will handle it like Chef's Table so I pre-booked it and will let the Genie do their stuff to adjust it.  

Agree on the price.  Too high but I've got OBC from NextCruise so between that and the Star/UDP discounted rate I'm going to try it.

Like you, that would be the only way I’d book it. Personally I’d rather have a restaurant with an ocean view VS pretending to be on a train while actually on a cruise ship.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midway7934 said:

What’s Royal Railway include for this price? I’ve done Chefs Table and thoroughly enjoyed it. Actually, I don’t even know what Royal Railway is since I usually sail the older ships. If someone could give a quick description I’d appreciate it. I am a diamond member who has traveled Star class but I am unfamiliar. Thanks.

Trev & Chels will show you:

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Like you, that would be the only way I’d book it. Personally I’d rather have a restaurant with an ocean view VS pretending to be on a train while actually on a cruise ship.  

Restaurants with ocean views are hard to come by on Oasis class as I'm sure you know.  Chops, Giovannis, 150 CP, etc - no views.

As a tech geek I gotta try the Railway once like Le Petit Chef on X. I enjoyed Le Petit Chef but I don't feel the need to go again any time soon. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

Restaurants with ocean views are hard to come by on Oasis class as I'm sure you know.  Chops, Giovannis, 150 CP, etc - no views.

Lisa and I were saying just that, balconies make more than restaurants with a view.

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

As a tech geek I gotta try the Railway once like Le Petit Chef on X. I enjoyed Le Petit Chef but I don't feel the need to go again any time soon. 

I definitely understand what you are saying. I’d try it before Wonderland. Yet to go, and no desire to either. 

• Like 1

The new pricing is a bit insane especially since it doesn't include gratuity.  I booked it for our November cruise but not sure I'll keep it.  I'd imagine they are trying to balance demand and pricing so the pendulum swung a bit higher on the pricing side for the moment.

On 7/18/2024 at 9:13 PM, twangster said:

When is your sail date?

It looks to be available for many dates in July and August.  They haven't opened it up yet beyond that.

I was able to book for October today 

Thanks so much, RobinMN. Royal Railway is actually like a dinner show which seems to be unique to Utopia.The video fully explains the experience which at the time was priced at $75 per person.