Ships that were revolutionized

KKB

I can only find year old information.

I can see that Summit, Millenium, Silhouette & Equinox (partially) were revolutionized.

Have any other M or S class ships been revolutionized?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Not that I'm aware.  Pretty sure those are the only non E class that have a Retreat Sun Deck.   I've heard some very disappointed people in Retreat Lounge when they find out the ship they are on doesn't have the Retreat amenities they thought they were getting based on the website.

Edited by wrk2cruise

4 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Not that I'm aware.  Pretty sure those are the only non E class that have a Retreat Sun Deck.   I've heard some very disappointed people in Retreat Lounge when they find out the ship they are on doesn't have the Retreat amenities they thought they were getting based on the website.

My own personal opinion, but on Summit, they really have no business calling it the 'Retreat'.  They were designed for eclass, and they did a great job, but there is no comparison on the refurbished ships.  That said, I love Summit and would definitely sail her again, I stayed in a Celebrity Suite but Retreat sundeck and lounge don't begin to compare.

I don't have experience with the Retreat, but have sailed twice on the Summit since it was revolutionized.  I thought the ship looked amazing.   The cabins (at least in Aqua) had a very nice refresh and the public spaces looked really nicely done.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

If I recall correctly the only M and S Class ships that got the revolution were

• Celebrity Millennium — February 9, 2019 — Completed!
  • Celebrity Summit — March 23, 2019 — Completed!
  • Celebrity Silhouette — February 14, 2020 — Completed! 
  • Celebrity Equinox — June 1, 2019 — Completed! But had an accident in shipyard and did not get the full Revolution ----they didn't get the Retreat Sun Deck

On the ships that did not get the Revolution the rooms have not been updated and most still have the old dark wooded Michael's Club.    I think I read they upgraded Infinity Michael's Club to Retreat on last dry dock. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

Seems like their original revolution plans were created around 2017, a lot has changed including X's leadership.  Entirely possible a Revolutionized Eclipse in 2025 doesn't look like the Millie or Sillie

31 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Seems like their original revolution plans were created around 2017, a lot has changed including X's leadership.  Entirely possible a Revolutionized Eclipse in 2025 doesn't look like the Millie or Sillie

we're booked for Jan 2026 on Eclipse..hoping for some updates!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

most still have the old dark wooded Michael's Club.  

I love that place.  Will be happy to be on it on the Solstice next year!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

what's next?  we heard Eclipse.??

Hopefully none unless they change the design.  The Hoppenized furniture sucks and the stateroom as classic examples of form over functionality!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Hopefully none unless they change the design.  The Hoppenized furniture sucks and the stateroom as classic examples of form over functionality!

I would expect  the Hoppen  influence may be limited... hope so!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I think the pandemic influenced a lot of plans.  First, with the Revolutionized schedules that were in place themselves, all of which post 2019 had to be canceled.  Second, with the shutdown extending as long as it did with no incoming revenue and literally billions of $ lost, the budgets and financial plans were completely revamped and reprioritized, with the Revolutionized plans basically scrapped - at least at the time.  With newbuilds now taking the priority and many of the already older ships now several years older, I'm not sure which of them that were planned to be Revolutionized now will be. Just have to wait and see, I guess. JMO.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I think the pandemic influenced a lot of plans.  First, with the Revolutionized schedules that were in place themselves, all of which post 2019 had to be canceled.  Second, with the shutdown extending as long as it did with no incoming revenue and literally billions of $ lost, the budgets and financial plans were completely revamped and reprioritized, with the Revolutionized plans basically scrapped - at least at the time.  With newbuilds now taking the priority and many of the already older ships now several years older, I'm not sure which of them that were planned to be Revolutionized now will be. Just have to wait and see, I guess. JMO.

JMO - but I don't think they will be doing and full revolutions but may do some upgrading similar to the recent changes to Infinity -   they updated Michael's Club to Retreat Lounge with  non-Hoppner furniture... Yea...

CelPro-69464-1713108473.webp.47d93b28b6d19fb1fa6c4d6209b838ac.webp

And changes to Luminae -  increasing the number of tables and added Sunset Suites.

https://www.travelwires.com/celebrity-infinity-unveils-luxurious-upgrades-for-european-exploration

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

JMO - but I don't think they will be doing and full revolutions but may do some upgrading similar to the recent changes to Infinity -   they updated Michael's Club to Retreat Lounge with  non-Hoppner furniture... Yea...

CelPro-69464-1713108473.webp.47d93b28b6d19fb1fa6c4d6209b838ac.webp

And changes to Luminae -  increasing the number of tables and added Sunset Suites.

https://www.travelwires.com/celebrity-infinity-unveils-luxurious-upgrades-for-european-exploration

I agree and it is very likely that they would be doing updates, refreshes, etc., with the current booking levels and revenue recovery.  I'm just saying I don't know of a firm plan in place in particular with some of the older ships to Revolutionize them as originally planned in 2017.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The question was asked in the Q& As with the CEO at the  top of this board.  The question title is Revolution Plans.  Below is the answer given

IMG_1512.thumb.png.376ffa242f3dd9dee396ce60b2ac13bb.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The question was asked in the Q& As with the CEO at the  top of this board.  The question title is Revolution Plans.  Below is the answer given

IMG_1512.thumb.png.376ffa242f3dd9dee396ce60b2ac13bb.png

IMO, it sounds rather non-specific to me.  "Making improvements" doesn't exactly sound like a commitment to the original Revolutionize plans.  Guess time will tell

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

IMO, it sounds rather non-specific to me.  "Making improvements" doesn't exactly sound like a commitment to the original Revolutionize plans.  Guess time will tell

We can take it a step further as she said "CONTINUOUSLY making improvements" which is the exact opposite of a single-stop dry dock "revolution"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

When it said they were dreaming up the modernization plans I read that the Revolutionizing plans are scraped.  
They had the plans to update S & M so no need to dream.

• Haha 1

Celebrity/X's social media team on X/Twitter has been awesome as they seem to have POCs on every ship and corporate.  Answers may take a week but have always received a satisfactory answer

About a year ago I asked about the revolutionary schedule, and their response:

image.png.3620777a3a9ebddea33256b90945a391.png

• Thanks 2

Just now, jelayne said:

When it said they were dreaming up the modernization plans I read that the Revolutionizing plans are scraped.  
They had the plans to update S & M so no need to dream.

Everything changed with the shutdown.  If you think about it most of the original Revolutionizing plans would have been completed 2 years or so ago but for that.  As I mentioned before with the focus now on new "E" class ships and with the "S" ships being more of the mainstay, the "M" class ships may eventually fade away or just continue with special itineraries.  They will certainly be maintained, but likely not further improved.  Again, as always, JMO.

34 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I picked up on the word "Modernization" not Revolution, which may mean mini- revolutions during dry dock instead of adding Retreat Decks and Refurbishing the rooms.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Her answer was very vague.. Guess we'll hope for the best on Eclipse...mostly hoping the room is " modernized".. Good mattress and  chairs that are comfy.  We'll be in AQuaclass so I'm sure BLU will have its signature look!

Edited by hcat

Can the old ship plug into shore power,

I believe in 2028 EU all cruise ships must be able to connect to shore power 

it might not be worth to up grade ships to 2025 standards 

I could really see the Connie and Infinity leaving soon 

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Everything changed with the shutdown.  If you think about it most of the original Revolutionizing plans would have been completed 2 years or so ago but for that.  As I mentioned before with the focus now on new "E" class ships and with the "S" ships being more of the mainstay, the "M" class ships may eventually fade away or just continue with special itineraries.  They will certainly be maintained, but likely not further improved.  Again, as always, JMO.

I agree.

• Like 1