The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday July 27th, 2024

🎂 Happy Birthday Eva!

🎉Happy anniversary 57redbird! 

@1ANGELCAT great news!  We were just there Wednesday!  Fascinating history. Beautiful place!  Thanks for letting us know. 

IMG_2585.thumb.jpeg.c520b27fc573798a06fccd032ff034c0.jpeg
IMG_2583.thumb.jpeg.83b310559b02af0aabb46ac2247c87e0.jpegIMG_2584.thumb.jpeg.c4678d63a7f0d6ccb1a5bc66882a275d.jpeg

Yesterday I was feeling poorly after breakfast so stayed quietly in my chair wrapped up in blankets and watched the Opening Ceremony. I loved it!  Maybe not every part equally but overall I thought it was brilliant…. It drew me into Paris, into French history, into French culture, into Olympic history and celebrating today’s athletes. 
I loved the way the torch-bearer danced and ran and zipped me through Paris, inside buildings, outside historic sites, rooftop views, zip-lining over the Seine!
 I loved that the athletes were toured through Paris by boat.

I thought the pyrotechnics captured the French Revolution and “music” of it captured the chaos.

I thought it was cute in places like the museum statues and paintings coming to life, silly, fun, poignant, heartwarming and much more.
I appreciate the respect they showed to past Olympics, past champions and para-athletes, even having para-models on the fashion runway walk!
And I love the hot air balloon cauldron idea… very French history (and being from Albuquerque, Balloon Capital, how could I not love that)! I thought it was a great, happy expression for the cauldron!  
I could go on but won’t. I’m just glad I got to see it and enjoy it so!  

Blessings for a safe and happy day to each of you,

and safe Olympics games for the world to celebrate together in Paris!  
Maureen

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm all for Black Women's Equal Pay day - every woman should earn the same amount as a man doing the same job, no matter what her skin colour.  Thanks for the explanation of Love Is Kind; my heart goes out to all who were abused.  I thought we had Korean Veteran's Armistice Day a couple of days ago; will have to go back and look.

It's cool out there again today, starting off at 15(59) with a strong wind - although we slept with the windows open, as soon as I got up, I quickly closed them.  Our daytime high is only going to 21(69), so it's not going to be the heat we've experienced the past couple of weeks.  Yesterday we had huge gusts of wind, some of which even toppled trees in an older area of the city - thankfully nobody was hurt, but a couple of vehicles and a garage were victims.

@superomawishing you a very Happy Birthday and best wishes for many happy and healthy returns of the day!

@Horizon chaser 1957Bon Voyage; have a wonderful cruise!

@57redbirdHappy 53rd Anniversary; let the love and laughter continue!

We've been enjoying having DS in the house again; the surprise hugs, just hearing his voice, and seeing his shoes at the front door means all is well with the world to me.  Late in the afternoon I drove him to the wedding venue and dropped him off - he was going to uber home, rather than driving after having consumed several beverages over the course of the evening.  These days nobody should drink and drive, as there are so many alternatives to getting home. 

Not a lot planned today, just hanging out as a family, maybe doing some shopping for him to bring back to Calgary, and enjoying a day together.  Over the years I've had a number of grasshoppers, and find them quite sweet, will pass on the wine, and have never had ratatouille.  I've got salmon thawing that will be crumb coated and air fried along with garlic baby potatoes and asparagus that we can enjoy together on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in pain, in grief, in turmoil, in wars, and in the paths of destructive storms and fires.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Today is our 53rd anniversary...no plans except dinner at a local restaurant that we gave up on a few years back - hope it's gone back to being a go-to place.

Happy anniversary 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

Today is our 53rd anniversary...no plans except dinner at a local restaurant that we gave up on a few years back - hope it's gone back to being a go-to place.

Congratulations!

Roy

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on your 53rd wedding anniversary.

Screenshot_20240727_160003.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

ScreenShot2024-07-27at07_46_29.png.b63cfa6daedcacc468df6a5d05a1aca6.png

Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I wonder if I will ever see equal pay for anyone so this day is a good day to recognize, as well as the other 2.  It took me a hot second to understand the quote but then I chuckled.  I have never been a fan of ratatouille, no on the drink or wine and I have never been to Warnermunde but I have been to Berlin.  I luv Bugs Bunny (and Roadrunner), so cool about the telegraph cable and thank goodness insulin was able to be isolated - such a vital drug for many.

IMG_81062.thumb.JPG.fa1001a463f01f47acd142d7b949189c.JPG

I absolutely was enamored by the Opening Ceremonies.  So different from others; I don't think you could get the whole effect if you were there in person.  At times it was mesmerizing, at times strange.  The creator really was thinking out of the box.  Some gaffes - upside down Olympic flag and the South Korean name, for example, and some controversy, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Watching men's swimming and gymnastics presently.

IMG_8108.JPG.cd187c17de985aecc10733cca4a12242.JPG

As I had watched the ceremonies live - it started around 1030 here, I was marinating my flank steak and making chimichurri in preparation for dinner but I got an invite to dinner so that will be dinner tonight.  I have my Global Entry "interview" this evening.  Hopefully any thunderstorms will not be in the area I will need to drive to.  It should be a day where I can keep the door open all day as the temps might not hit 100F.  Pleasant day in the neighborhood!

IMG_8132.thumb.JPG.401d7d448b74197c31ee805025d06d96.JPG

Have a great cruise @Horizon chaser 1957!

Have a fantastic birthday @superoma!

Happy Anniversary @57redbird!

Hugs to all that need extra support and cheers for those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Wishing you well @Nickelpenny for your GE interview today. Those are always a crapshoot - easy going person or serious interrogation - just never know who you'll get. I'm so boring with nothing to hide, but I was put on a no fly watch list when I accidentally presented my DD mom's ID at airport security one time 🫣

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Happy anniversary. I hope the restaurant meets your expectations

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

We're heading up to the mid 70's today with sunshine and -- hard to believe, but we'll finally get rain on Monday and Tuesday!  100% on Monday and 75% on Tuesday -- so I think we can count on it finally.

All very important and worthy days.  Funny quote, I'll pass on the sweet drink and the meal, but would like the wine.  We've been to Warnemunde in 2014 on the Eurodam.  We took the tour to Berlin, knowing it would most likely be our only chance to get there.  My photos would be like those already posted.  

We were surprised to hear that DD and family drove straight from Glacier National Park yesterday and arrived home late last night!  I'm sure they will come by sometime today to pick up the kitties.  It will be bittersweet, we've really had fun with them -- but also extra work 😉  

Bon Voyage Laura @Horizon chaser 1957!

Happy Birthday Eva @superoma!

Happy 53rd Anniversary @57redbird!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, 

Happy Birthday @superoma!

Safe travels @Horizon chaser 1957!

Happy Anniversary @57redbird!

@ger_77 Isn't it great when the "kids" come home especially when we don't have to share them? My DS has been wonderful this past year about stopping in once a week or so, filling hummingbird feeders, mowing the lawn, and doing whatever else needs to be done along with a nice visit at the kitchen table. I treasure these times. His birthday is the 31st and he's turning 48. We're celebrating on Sunday with enchiladas and one other couple joining us. 

Today is making the enchiladas, cleaning off the kitchen table, cleaning up the house (or at least what you can see) and calling DM later this afternoon. Nothing too exciting. 

Karen

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Enjoying Norwegian water (Norseh2o) in Oslo. Walked to the top of the Opera House and around the port area. Partly cloudy skies, 70 degrees, nice city. IMG_1706.thumb.jpeg.adad2e8a23fe5fec232b0423c349a93c.jpegIMG_1711.thumb.jpeg.92e94690547fe52f32521726a35686d9.jpegIMG_1715.thumb.jpeg.5122df7a5bce646ed77f001698f9334d.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We're heading up to the mid 70's today with sunshine and -- hard to believe, but we'll finally get rain on Monday and Tuesday!  100% on Monday and 75% on Tuesday -- so I think we can count on it finally...

We were surprised to hear that DD and family drove straight from Glacier National Park yesterday and arrived home late last night!  I'm sure they will come by sometime today to pick up the kitties.  It will be bittersweet, we've really had fun with them -- but also extra work 😉  

Congrats on the rain⛈️ forecast - I would gladly accept that forecast.

Good to hear DD & family made it back safely from GNP 🌲🌳 - it's so pretty up there, I never want to leave. Since you're getting them again in just a few weeks, you might as well keep the 😸 😸 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@JazzyV I have an upcoming cruise (not HAL) next month if you would like to add it to the list. 

Aug 12-16 4-night Bahamas on MSC out of Miami. 

I'm testing the waters, so to speak, to see how my shoulder & knee react before we go to AK the following month. 

Also trying out MSC for the first time. 🤞

• Like 20

19 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Congrats on the rain⛈️ forecast - I would gladly accept that forecast.

Good to hear DD & family made it back safely from GNP 🌲🌳 - it's so pretty up there, I never want to leave. Since you're getting them again in just a few weeks, you might as well keep the 😸 😸 

LOL!  I need a little break 😉  And the house does too.  I'd forgotten how much trouble kittens can get into -- it's like having twin 2-year-olds! 

• Like 9
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, 57redbird said:

I hope you have a wonderful day, and that the restaurant has improved.

images.jpg.9c12f1906afa144d050b95334c40b567.jpg

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites 

Oliver woke me up at 2 am to go out. He ran to the fence and ran back. Om-goodness! 2 skunks!

We had an impromptu game of Samba last night. My partner and I won by 1000 points. 

4 years ago when we moved here, I ordered a small propane grill. Covered it and it has sat outside on the patio untouched. My girlfriend mentioned buying a grill and I said she could take ours. Her husband came over and wheeled it down the street to their house and will grill a steak on it tonight. Love IS kind!!

Happy Birthday to @superoma!! Bon Voyage @Horizon chaser 1957!!

Wishing you both a Special day!

Prayers for all on our prayer list. Hoping our Tana eats well this weekend. And to Chuck: Eat!! 

Blessings!!

Joy, I bet your glad the skunks did not return Oliver's greeting.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Great photos Lenda.

Thank you, Graham.

2 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

🎂 Happy Birthday Eva!

🎉Happy anniversary 57redbird! 

@1ANGELCAT great news!  We were just there Wednesday!  Fascinating history. Beautiful place!  Thanks for letting us know. 

IMG_2585.thumb.jpeg.c520b27fc573798a06fccd032ff034c0.jpeg
IMG_2583.thumb.jpeg.83b310559b02af0aabb46ac2247c87e0.jpegIMG_2584.thumb.jpeg.c4678d63a7f0d6ccb1a5bc66882a275d.jpeg

Yesterday I was feeling poorly after breakfast so stayed quietly in my chair wrapped up in blankets and watched the Opening Ceremony. I loved it!  Maybe not every part equally but overall I thought it was brilliant…. It drew me into Paris, into French history, into French culture, into Olympic history and celebrating today’s athletes. 
I loved the way the torch-bearer danced and ran and zipped me through Paris, inside buildings, outside historic sites, rooftop views, zip-lining over the Seine!
 I loved that the athletes were toured through Paris by boat.

I thought the pyrotechnics captured the French Revolution and “music” of it captured the chaos.

I thought it was cute in places like the museum statues and paintings coming to life, silly, fun, poignant, heartwarming and much more.
I appreciate the respect they showed to past Olympics, past champions and para-athletes, even having para-models on the fashion runway walk!
And I love the hot air balloon cauldron idea… very French history (and being from Albuquerque, Balloon Capital, how could I not love that)! I thought it was a great, happy expression for the cauldron!  
I could go on but won’t. I’m just glad I got to see it and enjoy it so!  

Blessings for a safe and happy day to each of you,

and safe Olympics games for the world to celebrate together in Paris!  
Maureen

Maureen, I hope you're feeling better today.  Great pictures of Bethlehem.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We're heading up to the mid 70's today with sunshine and -- hard to believe, but we'll finally get rain on Monday and Tuesday!  100% on Monday and 75% on Tuesday -- so I think we can count on it finally.

All very important and worthy days.  Funny quote, I'll pass on the sweet drink and the meal, but would like the wine.  We've been to Warnemunde in 2014 on the Eurodam.  We took the tour to Berlin, knowing it would most likely be our only chance to get there.  My photos would be like those already posted.  

Bon Voyage Laura @Horizon chaser 1957!

Happy Birthday Eva @superoma!

Happy 53rd Anniversary @57redbird!

Carolyn, I'm glad your DD and family made it home safely after such a long drive.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2