C&A Update: Single supplement will be 125% for TAs/TPs/Panama Canal for DP 340 and above

2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I know we are two nations divided by a common language but I've always looked upon a 'supplement' as an addition and not a multiplier.

Regards,

Cublet

Ok, so you would rather "supplement" your cruise fare by 150% rather than 125%? Does it make the slightest difference if you view it as a multiplier or supplement?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sianli said:

Will they still give dbl points since it says dbl points for those paying full fare?

It doesn’t say that.  The rule says you get the extra points if you’re “paying a single pricing type for a double occupancy stateroom”.  125% and 150% are single pricing types.

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, so you would rather "supplement" your cruise fare by 150% rather than 125%? Does it make the slightest difference if you view it as a multiplier or supplement?

Hello,

No, I would rather supplement my cruise fare by either 25% or 50%.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

New wording in an email today.

All solo guests will benefit on repos down from 200% to 150% while DP340 guests goes from 150% to 125%.  Also suggests ALL reposition, not just select repos

SINGLE TRAVELERS REDUCED RATES
spacer.gif
Single Cruisers will now be able to enjoy their trips on select itineraries with Royal Caribbean® at a lower cost! To provide richer benefits, the single supplement rate will be reduced to 150% on all Reposition (inclusive of Transatlantic and Transpacific), Canada, and Canal sailings for all guests.  Additionally, for to our most loyal Diamond + Crown & Anchor Society Members, the single supplement rate will be now reduced from 150% to 125% on all Reposition (inclusive of Transatlantic and Transpacific), Canada, and Canal sailings.
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, twangster said:

New wording in an email today.

All solo guests will benefit on repos down from 200% to 150% while DP340 guests goes from 150% to 125%.  Also suggests ALL reposition, not just select repos

SINGLE TRAVELERS REDUCED RATES
spacer.gif
Single Cruisers will now be able to enjoy their trips on select itineraries with Royal Caribbean® at a lower cost! To provide richer benefits, the single supplement rate will be reduced to 150% on all Reposition (inclusive of Transatlantic and Transpacific), Canada, and Canal sailings for all guests.  Additionally, for to our most loyal Diamond + Crown & Anchor Society Members, the single supplement rate will be now reduced from 150% to 125% on all Reposition (inclusive of Transatlantic and Transpacific), Canada, and Canal sailings.

What is the subject line of the email?

Not sure why they are offer reduced solo supplement to everyone when repos and Canada cruises are more popular now and seem to sell very well.  Regardless it will be good news for my daughter who is a long way from DP340. 

If the base fare is $1.000 and the ADDED single supplement cost is 150% of the base fare, you pay $1,500. If it's 125%, you pay $1,250.

This IS a big deal to we solos. However, there are already blackout cruises:

From C&A Benefits Chart, October 2023:

"Ocean Voyage Packages, Holiday sailings (Christmas, New Year’s, Thanksgiving, Easter/Spring break) and the peak summer months of June 15 thru August 15 are not included in this offer."

45 minutes ago, pcur said:

If the base fare is $1.000 and the ADDED single supplement cost is 150% of the base fare, you pay $1,500. If it's 125%, you pay $1,250.

This IS a big deal to we solos. However, there are already blackout cruises:

From C&A Benefits Chart, October 2023:

"Ocean Voyage Packages, Holiday sailings (Christmas, New Year’s, Thanksgiving, Easter/Spring break) and the peak summer months of June 15 thru August 15 are not included in this offer."

I wish C&A folks were knowledgeable of the spring/Summer blackout periods.  Recently was told that it was from mid-May to end of August.  Another told me from mid/May to September 15.  Simply crazy. 

The new solo supplement mentions Panama. Got an explorer sail stopping at Panama and wondering if eligible. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

Here's Your Exclusive Crown & Anchor Society July Newsletter

That was the original email.  @twangster said "New wording in an email today."  The wording that he posted is definitely different than the original email.

Edited by Another_Critic

On 7/30/2024 at 5:38 AM, Anton said:

It doesn’t say that.  The rule says you get the extra points if you’re “paying a single pricing type for a double occupancy stateroom”.  125% and 150% are single pricing types.

My guess is that they will give whatever the supplement percentage is as extra points.  Whereas a 16 night cruise would get a solo passenger 32 cruise points before (when paying double occupancy) they would now get 24 points if paying the 150% rate.  Just a guess, but it would make sense, and actually be fair.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Curtzilla said:

My guess is that they will give whatever the supplement percentage is as extra points.  Whereas a 16 night cruise would get a solo passenger 32 cruise points before (when paying double occupancy) they would now get 24 points if paying the 150% rate.  Just a guess, but it would make sense, and actually be fair.

I don't think so.  

As someone who has sailed with 100%, 125%, 150% and 200% solo supplements I've always received the extra point per night.  

They are doing this to fill cabins on repo cruises that are otherwise harder to sell.  Penalizing by cutting points is not consistent with that goal.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Curtzilla said:

They can barely do the math now. Never going to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Curtzilla said:

That is not how it has worked up to now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Curtzilla said:

Won't happen

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, twangster said:

I don't think so.  

As someone who has sailed with 100%, 125%, 150% and 200% solo supplements I've always received the extra point per night.  

They are doing this to fill cabins on repo cruises that are otherwise harder to sell.  Penalizing by cutting points is not consistent with that goal.  

Correct. The percentage only applies to the cost, and does not apply to the points awarded per day. It's like getting single solo pricing on sale for certain types of cruises. Whatever we pay as a solo, we still get double points (assuming we are not in a suite, which is even higher points). Unless they have another "double points" promo and then solos got double-double points.

But, the double-double created so many Pinns that now they are shoveling us over to Celebrity with unlimited free drinks and free laundry, etc.

Edited by pcur
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, pcur said:

... with unlimited free drinks and free laundry, etc.

Premium drink package works for me.  Six a day?  That's so yesterday... 🙂 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, gmerick said:

Here's a bargain to use the 125% on - solo PC Radiance Oct 2024 - This rate is not for DP340, I am "only" a Diamond.

image.thumb.png.525a4948ab0069bcf884e3523c55133f.png

Wow balconys available again. There werent any a week ago. If you want one dont wait. I'd bet not many available.