Can you bid for upgrade after Gty assigned?

4 hours ago, mattR said:

Can I bid for a cabin upgrade if I'm not happy with my cabin assignment after it's been made? 

Yes. Bidding doesn’t depend on booking type. 

6 hours ago, mattR said:

Coming up on my check-in day soon.  Can I bid for a cabin upgrade if I'm not happy with my cabin assignment after it's been made? 

You can also switch to any available cabin in the exact same category at no charge if booked from North America.

I've got a bid up offer after being assigned the GTY (ocean view, connected cabin).

I'm not happy with the connected, but the category is sold out.

Put a minimum bid for balcony.... not holding my breath.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

But keep in mind that if you do win a bid, you still don't get to choose your room location....

Unless there are still other cabins in that category available. Then you can call and switch, just as you can when a GTY is assigned if other cabins in that category are available.

59 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm not happy with the connected, but the category is sold out.

Keep checking. Cabins often open back up when people upgrade or when TA's have to release their blocks.

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Keep checking. Cabins often open back up when people upgrade or when TA's have to release their blocks.

Thanks, I'm checking several times a day. The cruise is Sept. 16th, so all the "blocks" have been released a long time ago...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, I'm checking several times a day. The cruise is Sept. 16th, so all the "blocks" have been released a long time ago...

I’m in the same boat. I don’t love my guarantee location but my category is sold out. Between the two of us we’re going to wear that website out with all our checking to see if a cabin we would prefer opens up! 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, perfect match said:

I’m in the same boat. I don’t love my guarantee location but my category is sold out. Between the two of us we’re going to wear that website out with all our checking to see if a cabin we would prefer opens up! 😂

I'd really love to be with you on the same boat in the cabins of our choice 👍

But, I have the disadvantage of being 7 hours early than my trusted TA, so even if a cabin opens up, it might be gone by the time Canada wakes up ☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, orville99 said:

He'd still have to be in a connecting cabin, as that's the category he was assigned. 

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

But, I have the disadvantage of being 7 hours early than my trusted TA, so even if a cabin opens up, it might be gone by the time Canada wakes up ☹️

Although if it's who I think it is he doesn't seem to sleep much

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

He'd still have to be in a connecting cabin, as that's the category he was assigned. 

She (as in me) has been assigned a 2N Ocean View cabin on Voyager OTS. It is not described as a "connecting" cabin category 😕

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

She (as in me) has been assigned a 2N Ocean View cabin on Voyager OTS. It is not described as a "connecting" cabin category 😕

Then if there are any other 2N cabins available and you are in North America, you can call and switch. Hopefully you will get your bid okayed, but those cabins you cannot change. I've been lucky with connecting cabins, we've never had noise from the other cabin and since there are just the two of us, the furniture placement does not matter to us. If you stay in a connecting cabin I hope your experience is just as good

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Me, too! 

Instead, we’re going to be more like we’re on ships that sort of pass each other in the night. We get off Wonder on September 15, you board Voyager on September 16. 

• Like 1

We got option to bid for an upgrade 6 weeks before cruise and got our assigned cabin 2 weeks later I am happy with my assigned cabin but left my bids in I lowered them slightly,  I thought my bids were decent bids but planning on lowering them substantially or withdrawing them 4 days before sailing date  if not heard by then as I am leaving for a couple days pre cruise and no internet or printer to print new labels, their loss. In the past I been informed day before and a week