Can I refuse an accepted move up?

Yoshikitty

9 minutes ago, Yoshikitty said:

I haven't place a bit yet.

If a move up offer was accepted, will I know the cabin number at once? If I don't like that cabin, can I refuse the move up and keep my original cabin?

No

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

What you CAN do is ask if there are any other cabins left in the category to which you "moved up" to see if you can score one you like better.

I tried that Twice with no luck.

Twice I won MoveUp bids from a Standard Balcony cabin to a Concierge Balcony cabin but Both ended up in less than desirable locations.

It figures that they were unsold because of the locations?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D. B. said:

....Twice I won MoveUp bids from a Standard Balcony cabin to a Concierge Balcony cabin but Both ended up in less than desirable locations.

It figures that they were unsold because of the locations?

If you think it through, ALL the best cabins will have long since been booked! 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hamrag said:

If you think it through, ALL the best cabins will have long since been booked! 😉

They may very well have been booked, but they may also be doing a Move Up so theirs would become available.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

They may very well have been booked, but they may also be doing a Move Up so theirs would become available.

Possibly, but if you've chosen your cabin carefully for location (many do this) why risk a sub optimal location in a move up bid?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, hamrag said:

If you think Positive Maybe there was a cancellation!🙂

We 'moved up' and cabin wasn't in a good location;  called the number on the acceptance email and they let us know which in the category were also available...we had our choice.  Not that many 'good' cabins but someone must have cancelled or moved up themselves so we were lucky in our choice.  Not sure about the refusal but might be the same.  The company will just 'move' on to the next in line...LOL.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, D. B. said:

If you think Positive Maybe there was a cancellation!🙂

If you think logically there remains a far higher probability of a sub-optimal location! 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are also a handful of cabin classes on some ships that have no bad locations.  As an example, to our mind, the aft corners of the M-Class are all premium, so there are no bad Sunset Suites.  Some would say the same thing about a Sunset Veranda on E class.

So in order to really provide the OP a full understanding of the consequences of a Move Up bid, we'd need to know the planned destination cabin class.  Of course, those classes tend to book up, but one never knows when a cancellation of one of these will open up some prime real estate. 

it states that the move up cannot be refused once accepted. Can you imagine the mess 2 days out when many are awarded....   They give in to one and that one ALWAYS brags , then the ball starts rolling with others demanding to cancel

16 hours ago, Yoshikitty said:

If a move up offer was accepted, will I know the cabin number at once? If I don't like that cabin, can I refuse the move up and keep my original cabin?

Once your moveup bid is accepted that’s it. Don’t like location of new cabin?  Sorry. Those are the rules

18 hours ago, Yoshikitty said:

If your bid is received you will find your new room in cruise planner.    After your bid is accepted YOU CAN NOT REFUSE per their rules.   

I always recommend assume you will get the worst cabin in the class and be happy if you get a better one than expected.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We 'moved up' and cabin wasn't in a good location;  called the number on the acceptance email and they let us know which in the category were also available...we had our choice.  Not that many 'good' cabins but someone must have cancelled or moved up themselves so we were lucky in our choice.  Not sure about the refusal but might be the same.  The company will just 'move' on to the next in line...LOL.

Edit:  re my comment 'moving on after refusal'.  In re-thinking, I don't believe it would be possible, as the $$s are deducted from your Visa immediately after you're accepted and synced or before you're notified.  Doubt very much X would refund your move up payment.

Edited by Oceangoer2

@Oceangoer2 had a good suggestion.    If there are additional cabins available in the same category and sub-category you can ask for a different room in the same cagegory... e.g.   SS2 but couldn't switch to a SS1

• Like 3

I have been upgraded twice.  Once through a MoveUp bid and once through a Guarantee cabin.  Both times I went from an inside to a balcony and both times the upgrades were in a good location.  I think that the MoveUp bids make sense for a larger upgrade.  Inside to balcony or balcony to suite.

Regarding Move Up bids I would take into account whether a cruise is sold out and you are bidding on last minute cancellations.  Or if it is not sold out and you are bidding on the last cabins to sell on the ship, likely less desirable cabins.