Turning Pinnacle next cruise. Help me convince her we should show up...

watcher_62

Well the long road has finally ended and we will turn into Pins on our next cruise.  As we have never attended any of the Cheers with the Officer or status events (my spouse is not keen on attention), and obviously this is a once only event, can anyone help me convince her to participate/set the stage for what we are likely to experience?  Thanks in advance!  

• Like 1

The "celebration" is pretty simple- they announce your names, you go on stage, get a picture taken, and sit back down.  I can totally understand that it's not appealing.  I'd bet you will get your bottle of bubbly wine in your cabin regardless of going to the celebration of not.  The statue they hand you on stage isn't the one you get- so that's not really important.  As far as I can remember, the only real thing you get is a picture.

As for the cheers with an officer- it's totally identical as the one you get as D+, just with different people.  Yea, the food is *slightly* better....   But not real surf and turf anymore.

I know I'm probably not helping, but just want to be honest of how it is.

We still go as we do enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, watcher_62 said:

Well the long road has finally ended and we will turn into Pins on our next cruise.  As we have never attended any of the Cheers with the Officer or status events (my spouse is not keen on attention), and obviously this is a once only event, can anyone help me convince her to participate/set the stage for what we are likely to experience?  Thanks in advance!  

DW doesn't like to go to those either, but we did go when we made Pinnacle. You don't get anything significant at the event (that all comes in the mail a few months after the sailing), but you do get your Pinnacle Certificate, get your picture taken with the Captain while he pretends to give you a bottle of champagne (the real one will show up in your stateroom along with the picture later in the cruise). The Pin benefits don't start until your next cruise, so unless you really want a picture of you and the Captain, there really is no reason to go.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

DW doesn't like to go to those either, but we did go when we made Pinnacle. You don't get anything significant at the event (that all comes in the mail a few months after the sailing), but you do get your Pinnacle Certificate, get your picture taken with the Captain while he pretends to give you a bottle of champagne (the real one will show up in your stateroom along with the picture later in the cruise). The Pin benefits don't start until your next cruise, so unless you really want a picture of you and the Captain, there really is no reason to go.

This is the one time that it depends on the LA and Hotel director.  We got pin benefits on that same cruise, and we've seen others get the same on different cruises.  Wasn't asked for but was gotten.

One extra drink from D+ isn't much, but the internet package for free was nice.

(but that has nothing to do with attending the celebration or lunch)

Edited by alfaeric
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, watcher_62 said:

Sorry can't help you.  I had no desire to attend my own (and didn't even though I had friends onboard urging me to go)  I had no desire for the photo op either.  Just give me the free cruise  Thank you

I did tell the LA that I would not be there.  I DID get the Bubbly

Edited by molly361
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, molly361 said:

Sorry can't help you.  I had no desire to attend my own (and didn't even though I had friends onboard urging me to go)  I had no desire for the photo op either.  Just give me the free cruise  Thank you

I did tell the LA that I would not be there.  I DID get the Bubbly

If it had been up to me, I would not have gone either, but my husband wanted to, so I did it for him.

And, OP,  that is how you get your wife to go, tell her it means a lot to you!

Sherri🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

I remember at one event held in the Aqua Theater, they gave some sort trophy in recognition and the thing was so heavy that the individual was frail and almost dropped it.  LA had to help out. 🤣

• Haha 1

If you ultimately decide not to attend the recognition ceremony (at the Top Tier event) I recommend that you let the Loyalty Ambassador know that you will not be there.  It’s waaay better to have them recognize you in absentia than to have them announce your names and nobody steps forward to accept the recognition.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I remember at one event held in the Aqua Theater, they gave some sort trophy in recognition and the thing was so heavy that the individual was frail and almost dropped it.  LA had to help out. 🤣

It is a generic sample of the crystal "stratus".   You don't keep it...it is engraved later and sent to you.  It's just a prop for the picture.  

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

If you ultimately decide not to attend the recognition ceremony (at the Top Tier event) I recommend that you let the Loyalty Ambassador know that you will not be there.  It’s waaay better to have them recognize you in absentia than to have them announce your names and nobody steps forward to accept the recognition.

Absolutely! You may not want the picture, but you definitely want the LA to know. 

• Like 2

We'll turn Pin a couple of days into our 11 night cruise in April. Does the LA contact us or do we need to contact them onboard. So we just get a photo, one more drink and a certificate. The pins will be mailed to us? What are the details about how and when to use the 7 night cruise? Can that $ amount be added to an already booked cruise and can I upgrade to another category of suite?

Just now, orville99 said:

Now it is a prop for a wobbly table😅

Wobbly?  😄   Mine is a corner "cruise cabinet".   Has several memorable pictures on the wall over it, and our collection of blocks (sans duplicates) and the various "pointy blocks".   😎

• Like 2

Just now, Ashland said:

We'll turn Pin a couple of days into our 11 night cruise in April. Does the LA contact us or do we need to contact them onboard. So we just get a photo, one more drink and a certificate. The pins will be mailed to us? What are the details about how and when to use the 7 night cruise? Can that $ amount be added to an already booked cruise and can I upgrade to another category of suite?

You don't get the actual Pinnacle perks until your next cruise after turning Pinnie.  (you will still be at 5 drinks).  It is a recognition only...with picture you will receive during that cruise.  

Yes, always pays to visit the LA to be sure it is set it up (but they will know).  The LA will have a form to fill out as to how you want your pins labeled and how you want your Stratus engraved.  The pins and the stratus will be mailed to you much later.  

You don't need to wait to get the free cruise certificate...just call RCI GS to book the cruise you want...they will have record of it.  

Yes, you can use the 2500 to apply to an already booked cruise...but I would wait to book a new pricier one later...trust me on this.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1