Kettles

G&T Cruisers

I’ve “heard” that the ships sailing from Southampton do have them in the rooms. If you don’t have a kettle, ask for one. I always ask no matter where we are cruising from. It seems any ship that has cruised the UK has them on board somewhere.

Edited by sunviking90

We were on the Caribbean from Southampton in the summer and our Steward told us he’d already put a kettle in the statement as he knew the British loved their tea in the morning. It’s really trivial, but the only thing I would say, is that it was cups and saucers and I like a proper mug size drink in the morning so wish I’d brought some bigger mugs with us, although it was a good excuse to buy another mug from a port 😂. He put mainly tea bags out, but he asked if we’d rather have tea or coffee and asked what milk sachets we would prefer. Couldn’t fault him. 

24 minutes ago, Rascal1 said:

We were on the Caribbean from Southampton in the summer and our Steward told us he’d already put a kettle in the statement as he knew the British loved their tea in the morning. It’s really trivial, but the only thing I would say, is that it was cups and saucers and I like a proper mug size drink in the morning so wish I’d brought some bigger mugs with us, although it was a good excuse to buy another mug from a port 😂. He put mainly tea bags out, but he asked if we’d rather have tea or coffee and asked what milk sachets we would prefer. Couldn’t fault him. 

Excellent steward!! Did you pack him in your suitcase when you left the ship?

10 hours ago, G&T Cruisers said:

We are going on the Regal from Southhampton and was wondering if kettles will be in the room for tea and coffee like they have on the British lines 

We are currently on the Regal TA from Southampton to Galveston and there are kettles and an instant coffee/tea set up in each cabin. I suspect they will be gone next cruise. 

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We are currently on the Regal TA from Southampton to Galveston and there are kettles and an instant coffee/tea set up in each cabin. I suspect they will be gone next cruise. 

But only if you are British or make a request.  Agree they will be gone cruising out of Galveston

52 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

But only if you are British or make a request.  Agree they will be gone cruising out of Galveston

Hmmmm…we are not and did not. I would actually prefer to not have it in the cabin as it is more clutter to contend with. But we’re just leaving it until it disappears on its own.