HAL Cheerleaders UNITE! (fun post)

InTheWASide

Frank,

How are you doing? Thoughts are with you and Michelle.

I've checked in a couple of times today and it has been very quiet here.

Peggy, we're doing ok, thank you for asking. (Also thank you to everyone who has posted such nice mesages of support, I really appreciate it) Getting out of town for a couple of days helped. We'll miss our old boy, but we were lucky to have him for 13+ years so I cant be too sad. I know Michelle didnt want to come back home, she wants us to relocate now more than ever. But its back to work tomorrow though, it'll be good to have my mind occupied... but only a couple of more weeks until we leave for Seattle and Oosterdam. :)

Carol, I think the dog has passed away. I know what that feeling is like. I only ever had one dog, a wonderful minature poodle that lived to 15 1/2 and I have never had another dog. Today in NZ, I don't know what it is like up there, it has been made so hard to keep a dog in the city.

Frank I too feel for your loss.

Val

Peggy, we're doing ok, thank you for asking. (Also thank you to everyone who has posted such nice mesages of support, I really appreciate it) Getting out of town for a couple of days helped. We'll miss our old boy, but we were lucky to have him for 13+ years so I cant be too sad. I know Michelle didnt want to come back home, she wants us to relocate now more than ever. But its back to work tomorrow though, it'll be good to have my mind occupied... but only a couple of more weeks until we leave for Seattle and Oosterdam. :)

Frank, our condolences, I changed my AV for you. We have kitty's (not more than 2 ... that makes you a cat woman) the AV is my beloved D.B. that we named a "dog in a cat suit" she was 16+ years when she passed and I still hear and feel her presences today. We took a trip immediately after her passing. It is so hard to lose your best companion.

Another pet does not ever take the place of the last... but it does help heal your heart.

Teri xoxo

Frank, I too just heard about your loss and am so very sorry. It's rough to lose our dear companions, it takes a very very long time to get over it (although you'll always miss them). It has been over 8 years since our 17-year-old cat died (in my arms), and I miss him every day. It's true that other pets help a lot, but can never replace the one you lost.

Her Majesty commands that you all keep the funnies coming to help lift Frank's spirits.

My spirits are soaring, 14 more sleeps :D

Val,

It appears I missed a fun thread this weekend. I don't know what your avatar was this weekend, but the one up now as I am posting looks like Queen Elizabeth packing heat! Wherever did you get that?

Dave

Frank and Michelle, I'm just now starting to catch up with all the goings-on around here and learning of your loss.

Our pets, especially our dogs, give us unconditional love. It's so hard when we lose them. I'm so sorry.

Frank and Michelle, I'm just now starting to catch up with all the goings-on around here and learning of your loss.

Our pets, especially our dogs, give us unconditional love. It's so hard when we lose them. I'm so sorry.

Ruth, thanks we appreciate it, it gets better with each day. Right now I am keeping myself very busy....as well as catching up with the goings-on here too.

Thanks everyone, we appreciate it, we miss him, but I know it will get better each day. Between work and hanging around here its keeping my mind occupied, which is a good thing, :) thanks again

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your best buddy. I am sure he was a constant source of comfort and companionship to both of you.

Val,

It appears I missed a fun thread this weekend. I don't know what your avatar was this weekend, but the one up now as I am posting looks like Queen Elizabeth packing heat! Wherever did you get that?

Dave

Dave you truly did miss a real fun thread. Talk about one up-manship :D

I found the avator while surfing looking to see if I could find something more resembling a Kiwi. So I just ended up with the Queen of New Zealand instead :D They can all cheer me now. lol

Is Arlington, near DC ? I think so, but not sure. We are leaving for DC in 14 more sleeps :D

Val

Here we go again. Off on another tangent. Chicken licken tangent all mixed up with her majesty.

Lisa, it would be cool if we can chat. Bugger, Chris tells me he has the phone but it will cost be .25 cents a min to talk. Oh well much cheaper thanb roaming on my NZ cell phone. I will email you soon after I have got my head around all the thingts I need to sort out. Men have no flamin idea what goes on before you leave your home for six weeks. WHY IS THIS???

I am buggered and off to my bed, night night all.

Val

Is Arlington, near DC ? I think so, but not sure. We are leaving for DC in 14 more sleeps :D

Val

Val,

Yes, indeed, Arlington is just across the Potomac River from D.C. You are coming at one of the hottest periods -- we've been in the '90s for days! Hopefully the weather will be a bit less brutal when you arrive -- here's hoping anyway!

Dave

Yep Brian, I have been picking up on that, we are down around 15 degrees celsius here in Auckland, and blowing a howling gale. If the temp does not drop a bit, we could die, we don't get those sort of temps here, well hardly ever.

Still sorting out what sort of clothes to pack as I think we will need more cover for New England/Canada by the 2nd half of Sept. It will be really good though if we don't have to use them. We don't leave DC for home till the 7th Oct. will it be cooler by then?

Val

Archived