Club class, Princess cruise

GrouchyBomber

Does anybody have experience on Club Class on Princess Cruise?

We paid for Club Class and aboarded Majestic Princess for 28 days in May this year. We were expecting the club class dining as advertised with exclusive menu and table side serving. None provided. Complaints filed while on board and after returned home, no avail. They care less . Customer relation offered us two specialty restaurant dinner if we take another cruise. Hope this will viewed by Princess management team. They are falsely advertised and deceptive.

Reports have been mixed. Some received additional menu items, such as meat dishes , some not. Some have reported table side preparation, such as pasta, some not. I imagine it depends on the ship. I agree it should be standardized throughout the fleet. Sorry you were disappointed.

We recently completed a 28 day cruise on the Royal and Club Class was part of the plan. Enjoyed the ease of seating at each meal, Never waited in a line. Very few special dishes offered. Just did not miss it. I would not pay extra for the Club Class.

I experienced CC on the Emerald. There was never any exclusive menu for it. It was just the main MDR menu with an aditional item each time that was assembled (variety of items for breakfast and dinner that rotated around) or cooked (pancakes for breakfast or pasta sauces at lunch time for example) at a small cart in the centre of the area.

My memory of the promotion was for table side cooking which did not happen and extra items to the MDR menu which did happen.

I really enjoyed Club Class and quickly got over the fact that food was not prepared right next to you.

The food was always hot and the fluffy banana pancakes were to die for. Razvan did a fantastic job managing CC dinning.

The atmosphere was the winning factor for us.

Ours was the same experience as sewgood. Lunch was usually a pretty good pasta dish which could be ordered as an appetizer size or entree portion, and an extra dessert on the one formal night we attended. It was fantastic not having to deal with a set time and still having a table available.

That said, I wouldn't pay extra for a Club Class mini suite. Too much money for a mini. But since we needed extra room and had a suite, it was a great perk. Club Class would certainly be included in my list of added benefits when considering another suite.

I was very happy with Club Class dining on the Grand earlier this year. They had an extra item (entrée or pasta) every day for lunch and dinner. It was prepared by the head waiter in the Club Class section; although it was not beside your table, you could still watch him prepare it. The main advantage was the lack of waiting for a table and the service similar to traditional dining with waiters who know you even though you could eat anytime. I can't comment on their breakfast, since I only ate breakfast there once (on disembarkation morning).

I experienced CC on the Emerald. There was never any exclusive menu for it. It was just the main MDR menu with an aditional item each time that was assembled (variety of items for breakfast and dinner that rotated around) or cooked (pancakes for breakfast or pasta sauces at lunch time for example) at a small cart in the centre of the area.

My memory of the promotion was for table side cooking which did not happen and extra items to the MDR menu which did happen.

I really enjoyed Club Class and quickly got over the fact that food was not prepared right next to you.

The food was always hot and the fluffy banana pancakes were to die for. Razvan did a fantastic job managing CC dinning.

The atmosphere was the winning factor for us.

Every Princess cruise we've taken (20+) has had a "special table side" item (usually a pasta dish, sometimes dessert) at least once during the cruise. I don't plan on spending hundreds of $$ to get that every night since I've never been interested in the ones that are presented for "free".

We were skeptical of Club Class, but it came with our suite this April on our Grand Princess voyages. We came to appreciate it, as it combined the convenience of anytime dining with the pleasure of having the same servers for dinner (and luncheon). In addition, our head waiter prepared an extra dish for dinners and luncheon, and we did avail ourselves of that selection more often than not.

Our Executive Chef Joel was wonderful, we know that if he on onboard a sailing, the food will be wonderful, and the pastry chef that was onboard simply nailed it, over and over again. He made macaron for the MTP luncheons and Chef's Table - perfection - and I am very fussy about what constitutes a great macaron. There we a few ice creams and sorbets that were over the top wonderful as well.

Would we book Club Class if sailing in a mini-suite? Probably not. But it is a great addition to the suite perks.

We paid for Club Class and aboarded Majestic Princess for 28 days in May this year. We were expecting the club class dining as advertised with exclusive menu and table side serving. None provided. Complaints filed while on board and after returned home, no avail. They care less . Customer relation offered us two specialty restaurant dinner if we take another cruise. Hope this will viewed by Princess management team. They are falsely advertised and deceptive.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. We have been discussing Club Class on this board since it was first anounced by Princess. Having had previous sailing with Princess and knowing the ships I feel I had a better understanding as to what they were offering than someone who has never sailed Princess in the past. In my opinion if you book a full suite where club class is included than you are receiving a bit extra service than what Princess has provided in the past for suite guests. The biggest perk being showing up in the dining room at anytime and being seated. After that there is nothing that would compel me to book a suite or pay a lot of extra money for a Club Class mini suite.

It is my feeling that Princess is trying to compete with Celebrity who offers suite guest a special dining room with a special menu. This was just a poor execution and a quick fix that really offers no benefits other than a guaranteed seat in the same dining room with the same menu as everyone else receives. I don't consider tossing a salad table side serving. In my opinion a Sky suite on Celebrity which is equivalent to a Mini suit on Princess is a better value with better service.

With all do respect, Princess says that one of the benefits of Club Class is "Exclusive Menu Options with Daily Chef's Specials." The operative nouns here are "Options" and "Specials," not "Menu." Many have reported, here on Cruise Critic, that the Club Class menu is the same as the Dining Room menu. I would assume that the "options" or "specials" are mentioned by your sever (or, maybe there was a tent sign on the table). It may very well be that you consistently were served by personnel who neglected that responsibility. If that is the case, then Princess dropped the ball.

I am inclined to agree with Iamcruzin that tossing a salad in front of you just barely meets the minimum of the promise of tableside service. However, there have been quite a few reports from Club Class passengers of servings (especially, pasta) been prepared, if not tableside, at least in the room. If you did not even witness these minimum efforts, then I agree that Princess failed on your cruise.

I further agree with Iamcruzin that Club Class is an attempt to respond to offerings from their competition. It is also apparent that they are trying to do it while incurring the minimum cost.

It is entirely possible that I really don't have a vote, here. I have never sailed Club Class, and I doubt that the circumstance will ever arise. So, everybody can feel free to ignore me.

I have been reading all the threads on Club Class, and personally I am looking forward to it. Why? I really could care less about the dining options being more than regular dining or made at your table. What really makes me happy is that it is truly anytime dining without the wait or hassle. If you are regular anytime dining be prepared to wait a long time or be shuffled around from one dining room to another because you treated it like anytime dining. Came to find out if you didn't make reservations you were in for frustrating times. Also the breakfast on the last day of the cruise is a great perk too.

Now, if you are not a traditional dining cruiser and if you are going to go for a mini-suite why not club class? Where is the too much extra expense? On my cruise on the Royal, it amounts to $9.50 pp per day more. That is nothing just to have "for real" anytime dining with no wait!!!!!! But will let you guys know how it went. We don't go until next March, so maybe it will be fine tuned by then????

I have been reading all the threads on Club Class, and personally I am looking forward to it. Why? I really could care less about the dining options being more than regular dining or made at your table. What really makes me happy is that it is truly anytime dining without the wait or hassle. If you are regular anytime dining be prepared to wait a long time or be shuffled around from one dining room to another because you treated it like anytime dining. Came to find out if you didn't make reservations you were in for frustrating times. Also the breakfast on the last day of the cruise is a great perk too.

Now, if you are not a traditional dining cruiser and if you are going to go for a mini-suite why not club class? Where is the too much extra expense? On my cruise on the Royal, it amounts to $9.50 pp per day more. That is nothing just to have "for real" anytime dining with no wait!!!!!! But will let you guys know how it went. We don't go until next March, so maybe it will be fine tuned by then????

When I priced out a CC mini suite for a 7 day Caribbean cruise it came to $500 more per person than the non CC mini suite next door. Sorry but I wasn't willing to pay $1000 extra just for seat entitlement and I put any value on the other perks.This was when Club Class was first announced so prices may have come down due to soft bookings for this category.

Personally I would book a Sky suite on Celebrity before I booked any mini suite on Princess.

The Mini's that are CC are the best locations that would be more expensive anyway. Location, location, location, is just the way it is. At least you get a touch more for the money spent. Want to save the most and get the best deal get an inside cabin. 1/2 my cruises have been inside, many balcony's and a few Mini's. It all depends on when I book, where I'm going and who's coming.

For the record I have done CC once and loved it. Got a 2nd CC planned for 18.

framer

The Mini's that are CC are the best locations that would be more expensive anyway. Location, location, location, is just the way it is. At least you get a touch more for the money spent. Want to save the most and get the best deal get an inside cabin. 1/2 my cruises have been inside, many balcony's and a few Mini's. It all depends on when I book, where I'm going and who's coming.

For the record I have done CC once and loved it. Got a 2nd CC planned for 18.

framer

Exactly! The MA mini suites (now M1 CC) were always the most expensive mini's so the price of the M1 CC is really no more that we would be been paying anyway.

Having the CC Dining gives us more for our money. :D

We switched from a forward mini-suite to a CC mini-suite for our June cruise. The difference in cost was $100. per person for the whole 18 day cruise. Well worth it, we were mid-ship in some very rough seas and the Club Class dining was excellent.

Waiter told us each lunch and dinner what the extra meal item was for that seating, it was not listed on the menu. A majority of the time the item was cooked in CC section. He also made the items to our requests, which was nice. We really enjoyed Club Class and will book it whenever possible.

• Like 1

We were in a suite on the 28 day repositioning Majestic cruise so could use CC. Nothing over and above for any evening meal. I heard about the crepes done for breakfast and one of the Crown Grill waiters went for one - tepid by the time it arrived but with the distance not too surprising. All that happened for the evening meal was the head waiter had a trolley that he served one of the set meals from. There were shrimps one night that weren't on the menu but they came across more as an afterthought than a true menu option.

We recently completed a 28 day cruise on the Royal and Club Class was part of the plan. Enjoyed the ease of seating at each meal, Never waited in a line. Very few special dishes offered. Just did not miss it.

I would not pay extra for the Club Class.

I agree.

Tony

We just looked at the Royal Princess, Trans-Atlantic for this Oct. The Club Class booked up quite early. Despite many negatives, it does seem that the club class is indeed very popular. I do hope that Princess brings C.C. up to the quality level of Celebrity Aqua.

" Club Class" dining advertising in Princess Cruises is false and deceptive. Hope the Princess management team , especially Ms Jan Swartz, has read this post and make changes accordingly.

A friend was on Ruby last year for the New Year's eve cruise -- this was shortly after club class started on that ship.

Stein Krause and his party were seated in the club class area most nights of the cruise.

I don't think he, or Jan Swartz, need to come here and read comments about club class.

I'm sure any negative comments are balanced out by the found revenue.

Welcome to Cruise Critic........

Can you provide the link about an exclusive menu please? Never heard of that before.

Have heard of a special entree each night.

On the Ruby there was table side serving in the entire DR every night.

" Club Class" dining advertising in Princess Cruises is false and deceptive. Hope the Princess management team , especially Ms Jan Swartz, has read this post and make changes accordingly.

How so?

We went on our first Princess cruise in April on the CB out of Southampton. We were in a suite and thus we had CC dining. We have nothing to compare it to on Princess but the menu was the same as the MDR but with special nightly entrees that our waiter told us about each night. Never in print though. We thought the service was excellent.

Based on what I've read of people's opinions of Anytime dining, maybe Princess should focus on improving that instead...? The only difference to CC is special color linens, different flowers, no wait, and special nightly entrees. Maybe also there is a higher number of wait staff to guests also?

It would not be worth it in a mini suite IMO, but in a full suite it is since all of the other perks are of value to us.

But, keep in mind, we have only traveled once on princess. We were super happy with out trip!

We've only sailed twice on Princess. Our first was on the Emerald Princess in February around New Zealand. We were in a suite and "discovered" Club Class. We enjoyed the dining with Razvan so much, we changed our June reservation on the Caribbean Princess around Great Britain and our Panama Canal transit on the Pacific Princess in January '18 to suites so we could do CC again.

We disembarked from the Caribbean Princess last Wednesday and our CC experience again was again terrific. Nelson was as much fun as Razvan.

We are really looking forward to CC on the Pacific Princess in January!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome to Cruise Critic. We have been discussing Club Class on this board since it was first anounced by Princess. Having had previous sailing with Princess and knowing the ships I feel I had a better understanding as to what they were offering than someone who has never sailed Princess in the past. In my opinion if you book a full suite where club class is included than you are receiving a bit extra service than what Princess has provided in the past for suite guests. The biggest perk being showing up in the dining room at anytime and being seated. After that there is nothing that would compel me to book a suite or pay a lot of extra money for a Club Class mini suite.

It is my feeling that Princess is trying to compete with Celebrity who offers suite guest a special dining room with a special menu. This was just a poor execution and a quick fix that really offers no benefits other than a guaranteed seat in the same dining room with the same menu as everyone else receives. I don't consider tossing a salad table side serving. In my opinion a Sky suite on Celebrity which is equivalent to a Mini suit on Princess is a better value with better service.

I had never considered taking Celebrity, but have heard a lot of comparison to Celebrity and Aqua class, and other things with meal perks since Club Class started. I always figured if I was going to try something different I'd do Regent but maybe I'll make a lateral try for Celebrity? We have one Club Class cruise booked, just to try it, but not sure it's worth the extra money based on the comments we've heard. I'm always one who wants to try things for myself, but all this talk of Club Class has me curious about Celebrity. I don't think that's what Princess intended but oh well. I'll know better after my Club Class cruise next year.