Good News For CCL Shareholders

Wonderful news today from Carnival Corp. They will be increasing the dividend by 20%. Dividend for September will be .30 per share versus the usual .25 per share. Here is the link to the announcement:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/carnival-corporation-plc-increases-dividend-150400991.html

Good news. They needed to IMO as the yield is now at 2.0% (or so), a bit lower than I like to see for an investment that I just "sit on the shelf".

Wish we had kept ours. But if I had a dollar for every time I said that about a stock... I wouldn't need stocks anymore. :)

We wish we had bought more! :D Just called our Broker & told him to start re-investing the dividends into purchasing more stock..

CC doesn't just sit on the shelf...it's been giving us $100 dividend each year, but more than that, many hundreds of dollars in OBC we've used each year ...so our $2800 invested several years ago, with the increase value, too...has been our best investment! Love it!

The increased dividend is nice but let’s not go crazy here. The increased dividend represents all of $5 per year for the hundred shares that many of us own.

For us, as well as most cruisers I suspect, the real reward for the stock is the OBC we receive when cruising. We have averaged over $1,000 per year for the last bunch of years.

Scott & Karen

Granted the OBC for those of us who take several cruises a year is great but another $5.00 will buy a cup of coffee somewhere!! HA HA At the end of 2014, I figured with the OBC and dividends that our rate of return in 3 years approached 70%. For those holding longer, I am sure it is much more.

Wonderful news today from Carnival Corp. They will be increasing the dividend by 20%. Dividend for September will be .30 per share versus the usual .25 per share. Here is the link to the announcement:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/carnival-corporation-plc-increases-dividend-150400991.html

Thank you for the information.

I do appreciate the increase in the dividend. But, I also would like for some of the operating companies, particularly P & O, Costa, and Carnival, to increase their marketing budgets by publishing brochures that we in the U.S. can obtain. That might lead to an additional increase in guests which would leave to an increase in revenue which could lead to further dividend increases.

Our CCL stock has been a wonderful investment. Not only has the stock increased in value and paid dividends, we have also recovered our entire investment (and more) by getting the On Board Credits given to stockholders. We have received these on many brands including Carnival, HAL, Princess and Cunard. It is like the Eveready Bunny in that it just keeps on "paying."

Our RCI stock has not done as well because their cruise line's now impose all kinds of restrictions on their stockholder credits. Put simply, if you book with RCI, Celebrity or Azamara and get any kind of promotion they will not normally allow you to "stack" you stockholder credit.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...
The increased dividend is nice but let’s not go crazy here. The increased dividend represents all of $5 per year for the hundred shares that many of us own.

For us, as well as most cruisers I suspect, the real reward for the stock is the OBC we receive when cruising. We have averaged over $1,000 per year for the last bunch of years.

Scott & Karen

Ummm..Scott & Karen..Just re-read your post (I bolded your statement)...

it's not $5.00 per year, ;) it's $5.00 per QUARTER as the dividend increased to 30cents a share instead of 25 cents a share per quarter which is $20.00 per year more.. I'll take the 20% increase in dividends in adition to the OBC..

Edited by serendipity1499

Scott & Karen

Ummm..Scott & Karen..Just re-read your post (I bolded your statement)...

it's not $5.00 per year, ;) it's $5.00 per QUARTER as the dividend increased to 30cents a share instead of 25 cents a share per quarter which is $20.00 per year more.. I'm happy with the 20% increase in dividends & the OBC we get..

I bought 100 shares for $3500. Since then, I have received over $1000 in OBC credit and - my guess - about another 300 in dividends. Plus the value of the stock itself is up close to $1700. Another couple of years and a couple of cruises and I should be at break even.