Host Andy - Live From Azamara Journey !

Andy

Hi Everyone,

It's almost time for our Journey adventure to begin :)

About 24 hours from now, we'll be boarding the reimagined Azamara Journey from the Port of Miami, for 11 days in the Caribbean. I plan to post on this thread on a regular basis, as long as the Internet cooperates.

I hope you will follow along on our Journey. Thanks very much !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Andy,

I'm going to be following your live thread and I'm so excited for you.

As I posted on FB, I am truly amazed at how much they have accomplished...I have to say a huge Bravo to the wonderful crew and workers.

Wishing you a most wonderful vacation.

I can't wait to sail in August.

Hi Andy,

Thanks again for keeping us up to Date with all the pictures from the refit, can't wait to see the "new" Journey myself at the end of March (especially after wasting a half day today rearranging our fligths - thank you for nothing Delta :mad: )

Enjoy your Cruise - and as much I would appreciate to See some "live" pictures do not feel obligated to post any :D just enjoy, enjoy and enjoy...

Edited by Eeknutz

Hi Andy,

Thanks again for keeping us up to Date with all the pictures from the refit, can't wait to see the "new" Journey myself at the end of March (especially after wasting a half day today rearranging our fligths - thank you for nothing Delta :mad: )

Enjoy your Cruise - and as much I would appreciate to See some "live" pictures do not feel obligated to post any :D just enjoy, enjoy and enjoy...

Hi Eeknutz,

It's My pleasure. I know what you mean about Delta, but it seems that much of the Airline industry is headed down a miserable path.

FWIW, I joined Photobucket, solely for the purpose of taking & posting photos on here. I also purchased a New tablet (with camera), which should help facilitate posting photos on this thread. Keeping fingers crossed, that I will learn how to do the photo work on the fly, and all will go as planned !

Andy, I hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise. I am sure you will come back refreshed and singing Azamara's praises, as we all do.

We will really appreciate any pics you post of the completed Journey refurb but don't feel you have to take a pic of everything! Just chill out and enjoy being looked after by the great officers and crew. Do try that Limoncello Soufflé in Aqualina...it's wonderful! :)

As I posted on the drydock thread:

I hope you didn't pack the tool belt. Since you are always so helpful, Heike might take advantage of your good nature to help with some of those "finishing touches". :)

Very much looking forward to your impressions of the "new" Journey as well as dining and drinking experiences. Have a great time.

Just make sure that everything is left in a perfect condition for when we board on 7th February!

Happy you are still posting. See you on the 7th.

Thanks Andy

Bonnie was talking about the TVs being re-programmed with new channels and Movies--Could you describe if you have time and would you look for cable hookups to connect a laptop?

Thanks and have a great cruise

Edited by fb0075

Thanks Andy

Bonnie was talking about the TVs being re-programmed with new channels and Movies--Could you describe if you have time and would you look for cable hookups to connect a laptop?

Thanks and have a great cruise

I'd be happy to offer a recap of channels, and see if any of the connectors on the TV's work... or, if they have been disabled. It's on my To-Do list.

Hi Eeknutz,

It's My pleasure. I know what you mean about Delta, but it seems that much of the Airline industry is headed down a miserable path.

I absolutely agree. It seems they replace more and more people with (in our case badly programmed) computers and do not even Check the results.

They changed our 1-stop flight home to a 2-stop flight (which would not be a Problem at First sight) but the 2nd flight leaves 1h20min before the 1st flight arrives :eek: so if you have the contact Details of Doc Brown or Marty McFly please forward them to me, I Need to borrow their Time machine for a Short Trip through Atlantas Airport :D

Hi Everyone,

I'm not even on the ship yet, and I have news to report. New Main Dining Room Menus are being rolled out on Journey. There's 14 new menus. I believe they will be introduced on today's Journey's sailing, but will report additional details when I'm onboard. I will also look into getting copies of the new menus, to post on our forum. I'm also hearing that Azamara's Executive Chef, Robert van Rijsbergen will be onboard, so I hope to have the opportunity to meet him.

Edited by Host Andy

Completely agree with Ann. Any information you give us will be gratefully received but that should be a secondary concern.

Please relax, enjoy the time with your mum, the sunshine and all that an Azamara cruise offers you.

Bon Voyage

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your very kind comments, and for your concern. I promise to get plenty of rest, and to enjoy every minute onboard Journey.

And of course, being with loved ones always make each cruise very special !