Host Andy - Live From Azamara Journey !

Andy

Bonnie,

You and everyone else are very welcome. Very strange when I viewed my twitter feed this morning that picture came up. Glad to share.

I forgot to address how the picture of Andy & Nicole you posted came up mysteriously on Twitter.

We are trying out a web-service that scours the internet for pictures tagged about our cruise line and then shares them automatically on other sites we manage (our company FB, Twitter, Pinterest, our website, etc) That is one reason we have an Azamara Asks! poll this week inquiring what other sites our guests use to stay up to date with our brand.

Have you noticed at the bottom of our home page on www.azamaraclubcruises.com there are pictures that change all the time. If you hover over the pictures you'll see most are from Twitter right now, but that is always changing. Maybe this photo will appear??

Any idea why we've received no messages from Journey. Realize midwestchick received a response from a crew member but, strangely none from any of the passengers. Hope the Internet connection is working on board or that the consultant can get it going soon.

Other possibilities:

-Hijacked by Pirates of the Caribbean

-Maintaining strict radio silence after sighting enemy submarines

I forgot to address how the picture of Andy & Nicole you posted came up mysteriously on Twitter.

We are trying out a web-service that scours the internet for pictures tagged about our cruise line and then shares them automatically on other sites we manage (our company FB, Twitter, Pinterest, our website, etc) That is one reason we have an Azamara Asks! poll this week inquiring what other sites our guests use to stay up to date with our brand.

Have you noticed at the bottom of our home page on www.azamaraclubcruises.com there are pictures that change all the time. If you hover over the pictures you'll see most are from Twitter right now, but that is always changing. Maybe this photo will appear??

Just checked Bonnie and the picture of Andy and Nicole was posted by nicole on her twitter feed so you can check that out for yourself. No mystery, Nicole doing her job with Andy.

Just checked Bonnie and the picture of Andy and Nicole was posted by nicole on her twitter feed so you can check that out for yourself. No mystery, Nicole doing her job with Andy.

Hope she's introducing Andy to Johannes, Ryszard, and Eric, among others. I don't think Andy had met Ryszard before.

I'm embarrassed to say, I don't know how to navigate very well on Twitter. I have no idea how to follow my feed. :o :o :o

I'm embarrassed to say, I don't know how to navigate very well on Twitter. I have no idea how to follow my feed. :o :o :o

Easy Peasy Nancy,

Simple go to twitter.com, log in or create your own account and in the search box type Nicole Lukacs or @LeClubVoyage click enter or search and her twitter feed will appear. Then click the follow button and all her tweets will show up on your twitter account when you open it or click the home button.

Good luck and you have my home e-mail so you can ask me on that and I'll help.

And thanks Bonnie for checking on the Internet. Guess they are all to busy checking out all the NEW!!!!!!

Edited by rallydave

Easy Peasy Nancy,

Simple go to twitter.com, log in or create your own account and in the search box type Nicole Lukacs or @LeClubVoyage click enter or search and her twitter feed will appear. Then click the follow button and all her tweets will show up on your twitter account when you open it or click the home button.

And thanks Bonnie for checking on the Internet. Guess they are all to busy checking out all the NEW!!!!!!

And if you dint want an account you can still go to Twitter search and see her things (im assuming it's a public account) even if you don't want to "sign up" but then you won't be able to "retweet" or tweet yourself, lol! Baby steps! :D

Easy Peasy Nancy,

OK Dave, so I followed your advice and signed up for Twitter and navigated to Nicole's page. Lots of great posts from her, but more than half are from some guys named Scott Eddy and Lee Abbamonte [who as far as I can figure out are "famous for being famous" -- like Kardashians without the curves ;)]. How can I get just Nicole's posts?

OK Dave, so I followed your advice and signed up for Twitter and navigated to Nicole's page. Lots of great posts from her, but more than half are from some guys named Scott Eddy and Lee Abbamonte [who as far as I can figure out are "famous for being famous" -- like Kardashians without the curves ;)]. How can I get just Nicole's posts?

Sorry Greg but, you can't. Seems if you look closely, all of the posts other than from Nicole are either Nicole retweeting someone else's post or someone responding to Nicole.

In regards to Nicole retweeting, those are coming from her so you get them no matter what and if someone responds to Nicole, you get those also.

I don't know anyway to stop retweets or responses, perhaps someone else does but, don't think you can avoid those.

Just figured it out, click on the people you don't want to see and then click the gear in the upper right and mute or block them. I just googled how to block and after some strange ways, found this way so should work.

Hi Andy, I t has been a pleasure to access your dry dock thread and your first steps in the newly refurbished Journey. Jane (Mrs. Skip) and I are sailing from Singapore in April on the Quest following the dry-dock and we are really looking forward to the whole experience which you are capturing so well. Happy hols!!

Be sure to go to the Cruise Critic roll call for that sailing, we too are on that departure straight after the Quest drydock through to Athen. Seeing these photos has made me soooo excited. We saw our Quest family in Brisbane and can't wait for the 11 weeks today milestone to pass....

Just figured it out, click on the people you don't want to see and then click the gear in the upper right and mute or block them. I just googled how to block and after some strange ways, found this way so should work.

Thanks Dave. I have studiously avoided twitter up until now, and if I can't mold it into the low-maintenance thing I want I will pretend I never signed up!

As I recall Andy has had internet and work issues in the past on cruises and often does not manage to post on his Live from threads as much as some might expect. At least we know the wifi is working and I'm seeing Facebook posts from others onboard and all seems well

Edited by uktog

Maybe he is waiting to post until the ship gets to a port and he can access free wifi from a cafe etc.

I don't think anyone is singling out our friend Andy. No one has posted from the ship. We had a number of postings about the boarding delay, but not one reaction to the comprehensive refit, new menus, new wine offerings, new dining venue, tapas bar, and on and on.:confused:

Edited by marinaro44

FWIW, I joined Photobucket, solely for the purpose of taking & posting photos on here. I also purchased a New tablet (with camera), which should help facilitate posting photos on this thread. Keeping fingers crossed, that I will learn how to do the photo work on the fly, and all will go as planned !

Let's not forget, Andy may be going through a learning curve. I'm hoping he's just having too much fun and not enough time to post. I'm sure when he gets back home, we'll see plenty of pictures. ;)

Garry

Perhaps they had to sign an NDA on embarkation which forbids them from posting any details or pictures of the refurbishment and changes publicly (or indeed even the existence of said NDA), until after the official announcement and images from Azamara itself?

We have not had a comprehensive official "launch" yet, possibly because last work was still ongoing right up to delayed boarding, and may yet to be complete in areas (leaving no time for official photographs, videos, words, etc.) Notice that the only pictures we have seen post-departure are those from official Azamara sources, and these have been limited.

Just a (unlikely) hypothesis. :confused: :D

Easy Peasy Nancy,

I have a Twitter account. I'll have to play around with it. Someone sent me a message and I can't figure out how to respond to it. :o :rolleyes: :confused:

Andy,

Updated deck plans show the guest laundry to still be in place. Azamara previously had neat gizmos that added the soap automatically to the washers.

Is this still the case or should I bring a couple of laundry soap "pods" with us ?

THANKS and you and Mum have an awesome time !

Local17

I have a Twitter account. I'll have to play around with it. Someone sent me a message and I can't figure out how to respond to it. :o :rolleyes: :confused:

Bottom left of the tweet is a small arrow to the left. Click that and a window will open for you to reply.

To the right of the reply is a double arrow and that is to re-tweet.

Still easy peasy!!

Bottom left of the tweet is a small arrow to the left. Click that and a window will open for you to reply.

To the right of the reply is a double arrow and that is to re-tweet.

Still easy peasy!!

I'm not talking about tweeting....someone sent me a private message and I couldn't figure out how to reply.

I'm not talking about tweeting....someone sent me a private message and I couldn't figure out how to reply.

A private message using what app, program, etc. Can't send a private message in CC so need to know how the message was sent. Should be some sort of reply button but, nobody can help if we don't know how it was sent.

A private message using what app, program, etc. Can't send a private message in CC so need to know how the message was sent. Should be some sort of reply button but, nobody can help if we don't know how it was sent.

Direct message in twitter, since that's what is being discussed....