Host Andy - Live From Azamara Journey !

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Here's a list of onboard concerns listed by others (not my concerns). I've reached out to Senior Officers, to obtain their status.

New Tables (Windows Café) : Tables are onboard, and should be available tomorrow.

Missing toilet seats : From all accounts, this appears to be untrue. Housekeeping had ONE, (yes one) report of a BROKEN toilet seat, which was immediately replaced.

Bathtub Stoppers : New ones were purchased yesterday. Unfortunately, they did not fit perfectly (but they should offer some functionality), so another batch was expected to be purchased today. I will try to follow up on this.

Self Service Laundry : 6 New machines installed. Should be working today or tomorrow. They also dispense soap, like the older machines have. As a sidenote, I was advised that complimentary laundry has been made available during the absence of working machines - but that will end once the new machines are operational.

T-Pool : Now working and available

Jaccuzzis : 1 fully functional, the other should be ready tomorrow.

Suites : Club Ocean Suites should be complete within the next couple of days. Club World owners suites expected to be ready by the end of this cruise. Will continue to keep checking on this, as the cruise progresses.

As mentioned in my last post, a fair amount of the concerns are overblown, and much of what has been mentioned above, has since been resolved. We are having an absolutely wonderful cruise.

Hope this is helpful, and we can get back on topic now. Thank You !

Edited by Host Andy

Host Andy,

I read someone's review of Azamara from 2 years ago and they took pictures of their food. One thing they had was an amazing shellfish platter. Is that still on the menu?

Hi Suite Traveler,

I think I took that photo :)

Alas, the shellfish platter (From Aqualina) is no longer on the menu. However, their lobster tail is outstanding. Also, we dined in Discoveries last night, and the Shrimp Cocktail was very nice. 3 huge shrimp and they tasted absolutely delicious.

I'm hearing rumors of a Lobster night, later in the sailing. Tonight is the "White Night", and I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. Stay Tuned !

Hi Everyone,

Here's a list of onboard concerns listed by others (not my concerns). I've reached out to Senior Officers, to obtain their status.

New Tables (Windows Café) : Tables are onboard, and should be available tomorrow.

Missing toilet seats : From all accounts, this appears to be untrue. Housekeeping had ONE, (yes one) report of a BROKEN toilet seat, which was immediately replaced.

Bathtub Stoppers : New ones were purchased yesterday. Unfortunately, they did not fit perfectly (but they should offer some functionality), so another batch was expected to be purchased today. I will try to follow up on this.

Self Service Laundry : 6 New machines installed. Should be working today or tomorrow. They also dispense soap, like the older machines have. As a sidenote, I was advised that complimentary laundry has been made available during the absence of working machines - but that will end once the new machines are operational.

Suites : Club Ocean Suites should be complete within the next couple of days. Club World owners suites expected to be ready by the end of this cruise. Will continue to keep checking on this, as the cruise progresses.

As mentioned in my last post, a fair amount of the concerns are overblown, and much of what has been mentioned above, has since been resolved. We are having an absolutely wonderful cruise.

Thank you for all your time and effort to quell the alarmists. I am sorry that CC had to distract you from enjoying your cruise. Hopefully you can go back to "just having too much fun to post". :D

Hi Lottie,

Thank You. I'm deeply disappointed to see the direction this thread has taken. Fwiw, much of this is hijacking/off topic, and it's rude to derail anyone's thread, especially a "Live From" thread. It makes me feel as if my efforts are pointless. I sincerely wish that our dear friends would start another thread, if all they care to do is gripe and worry.

I give you my word that much of this is overblown, and the bulk of whatever existed (such as bathtub stoppers) has since been resolved. To be clear, never at any time, did I observe anything terrible. I've heard reports of water intrusion in some areas. I have not seen any, so I'm unable to comment further.

I'm working on obtaining a complete list of the complaints mentioned by others on this thread, and will provide an update as soon as possible. What I do know, is that one of the 2 Jacuzzis are working, and the other should be working at any time.

I will say this, I'm having by far, the best cruise of my life, even with some tiny (and I mean tiny) observations here and there.

I plan to post another update later tonight. Thanks !

Far from pointless Andy; quite the opposite. I'm greatly enjoying all your updates. Keep them coming - it's greatly appreciated!

Floris

I hope you have a blast on White Night Andy.....it's my favourite night on the ship. So wish I was there, dancing my feet off and eating those crepes! :)

It's also my favorite night. Andy, I know you're going to have a blast. All of us sitting here at home on our computers are wishing we were there with you. Your updates are making us feel a little bit closer and I, for one, can't wait until it's my turn to once again sail on the beautiful Azamara ships.

Garry

Hi Everyone,

What is helpful Andy is to hear that you are having the 'best cruise of your life' as you posted earlier.

That is wonderful to know. Keep having a blast with your dear sister and mum

Yum Lobster! Thanks Andy! Your "reporting" about the actual "issues" is much appreciated, and I'm sorry you felt you had to do it. After reading through your list, it occurs to me that compared to most major construction projects, a punch list this small would be considered a smashing success! So I'm glad you have posted in black and white so that we can get onto the business of YOUR live review!

Thanks for the info, look forward to more:D Don't get discouraged, many of us that want to hear from YOU about the ship! Much thanks for the time and effort you are putting in!

BTW- I leave next week, so I certainly have reason to be "concerned" and I am not at all because of the openness and pro action that seems to be characterizing the way this first post dry dock cruise is being handled!

Edited by Familygoboston

Thanks Andy & Riocca for keeping most of us on track. Like others, I was initially alarmed, but I can see that the problems are mostly resolved, AZ has been its usual responsive self, and that everything will be in great order very quickly. I am very much looking forward to my April crossing on the Journey.

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting. Happy to hear that you are having a great time. What islands are you going too? The same as the last time? They were great ports. Who is the CD on board? What is your favoite food that you ate so far?

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting. Happy to hear that you are having a great time. What islands are you going too? The same as the last time? They were great ports. Who is the CD on board? What is your favoite food that you ate so far?

Hi Geocruiser,

Here's the itinerary. As best as I can recall, several of the ports are similar from 4 years ago, but I doubt it's identical.

Miami

2 Sea Days

St John, USVI

Iles de Saintes, Guadeloupe

Roseau, Dominica

Charlestown, Nevis

Gustavia, St Barts

Spanish town, Virgin Gorda

2 Sea Days

Miami

The Cruise Director is Eric De Gray. We've never sailed with Eric before, but he's absolutely fantastic. Tony Markey is outstanding as well, but they are both wonderful in their own special way.

Favorite Food - Seriously, I'm enjoying the cuisine so much, that it can be dozens of things. If I had to choose one, I'd go with the Rib Eye Steak at Prime C. It tasted great, was cooked to perfection, and melted in your mouth. I also loved the Tuna Tartare and Filet American appetizers at Prime C.

Yum Lobster! Thanks Andy! Your "reporting" about the actual "issues" is much appreciated, and I'm sorry you felt you had to do it. After reading through your list, it occurs to me that compared to most major construction projects, a punch list this small would be considered a smashing success! So I'm glad you have posted in black and white so that we can get onto the business of YOUR live review!

Thanks for the info, look forward to more:D Don't get discouraged, many of us that want to hear from YOU about the ship! Much thanks for the time and effort you are putting in!

BTW- I leave next week, so I certainly have reason to be "concerned" and I am not at all because of the openness and pro action that seems to be characterizing the way this first post dry dock cruise is being handled!

Hi Familygoboston,

Thank you, and thank you to everyone for your very kind comments.

FWIW, I was the leader of 3 major renovation and relocation projects years ago, when I worked as a Senior VP & Branch Manager for a brokerage firm, in New York City. I absolutely know first hand, all about deadlines,

how things can go wrong no matter how hard you try/plan, and how management must deal with and find ways to resolve the impossible.

None of this can compare to being in a shipyard, dealing with horrible weather conditions... including storms and high winds - which Journey had to deal with.

The fact that they delivered the ship back to Miami in the excellent shape it was, speaks volumes for Larry Pimentel, Azamara's Miami team, and every single person involved

with the onboard renovations.

I guess that's why I get upset, when people talk about broken toilet seats, and washing machines that don't work for a few days. Maybe it's just me, but life is too short to worry about tiny items like that. I'm going to enjoy every moment of this wonderful experience.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

We dined at Aqualina tonight. Everything was wonderful. I'm sharing some photos of the cuisine our family enjoyed tonight. I hope you enjoy the photos :)

Edited by Host Andy

Thanks for the photos Andy. I see you had my favourite Aquilina dish, the Dover Sole, although I always ask for it to be served with fresh vegetables rather than the olive and tomato accompaniment as I found it too strong for the delicate flavour of the fish

Also nice to see Lobster Tail back on the menu:)

Keep enjoying yourself.

Steve

Top Job Andy we have our first Azamara cruise booked in an owners suite and we are very low maintenance " I like my coffee hot and my beer cold " every product rollout is going to have a few bumps but as an ex army guy anything that does not involve eating from a tin or sleeping on the ground is good with me .I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.