Taking bar drinks to cabin

dgcruises

One quick note: from World Class Bar they are likely to give you your "to go"cocktail in a standard glass and not the cut glassware generally used. It's no biggie though, they're delish!

Same in martini bar - always ask for a "to go" glass if you are taking it away.

cb at sea wrote:

"You may take your drink from anywhere to anywhere! Same with food!!!"

This is not always true.

You are requested not to removed drinks from the Elite cocktail hour.

You are also requested not to bring hot food into the Elite Coffee (breakfast).

On our recent Summit cruise, we had the classic beverage pkg and were not able to get beer or soda in tins. Does anyone know if the premium pkg provides beverages in cans? Thanks,

I was on Summit for the 30 July sailing with the premium package and I had no problem getting an unopened can of soda to take back to the room. I don't know anything about beer though.

On our recent Summit cruise, we had the classic beverage pkg and were not able to get beer or soda in tins. Does anyone know if the premium pkg provides beverages in cans? Thanks,

This seems to be different ship to ship. We just debarked Equinox with the Classic Package and were always given cans of soda. I know that isn't so on every ship.

cb at sea wrote:

This is not always true.

Regarding not removing drinks from the Elite cocktail hour, on our most recent cruises we had the Classic Beverage Package. The Captain's Club invitation specifically said the beverage packages could be used at the event. Thus the host at the door has no way of knowing if you are leaving with, say, a margarita you got from your beverage package, or a Captain's Club drink you aren't supposed to leave with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

cb at sea wrote:

This is not always true.

I would think someone might frown on a plate of food from buffet coming with you into the theater.

I am sure CB was meaning without the few limited areas, you can take drinks and food as opposed to being restricted to consuming the drink and/or food where you got them. And for sure can take to your cabin. Do not think there is any restriction on that location. :)

"Thus the host at the door has no way of knowing if you are leaving with, say, a margarita you got from your beverage package, or a Captain's Club drink you aren't supposed to leave with."

Since margaritas aren't on the Elite menu, it would be obvious that this drink came from a beverage package. It might not be clear with other drinks, to be sure.

Returning from around the pool in the afternoon I enjoy a couple of hours with a wine or two on the balcony. I will usually pick my wine up from one of the bars (if open) inside the ship as opposed to the pool bars as they don't serve drinks in glasses at the pool bars . Alternatively, pick a glass or two up for your cabin in advance in the event that you bring a pool drink back and prefer not to drink from plastic.

I found that it depends on how far your cabin is from the bar. If it is too far away you may find that you have a empty glass when you get there so you will have to return for a refill. 🤗

Drink up 🍹🍷🍸🍺

I found that it depends on how far your cabin is from the bar. If it is too far away you may find that you have a empty glass when you get there so you will have to return for a refill. 🤗

Drink up 🍹🍷🍸🍺

That has happened to me more than....well let's just say more than once.

Drink up 🍹🍷🍸🍺

I struggle with that. I have found, I enjoy one there and get one for the road (so to speak). Glad you mentioned this as some may have to learn the hard way. :wine-glass::cocktail::tropical-drink::beer-mug::champagne-toast::whiskey-glass:

Please be careful with anything you transport on the elevators... have observed many close calls with hot coffee, drinks, plates piled high with food,. Covers on coffee are always helpful...

One time we were in the elevator going to disembark and a coffee drinker squeezed in & spilled her hot coffee all over me.,,..lucky I was not burned but spent the next 7 hrs of trvl smelling like coffee,,,She barely mumbled I' m sorry,,,

We had a great location on deck 6 on the equinox on the July 30th cruise. A few cabins from the elevators and one flight down for specialty coffee and two or 3 down for a bar! I utilized that more than I thought I would!