Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Am I the only one annoyed by the 2018/2019 Australia release?

I was really expecting a new ship or new itineraries. Instead we get reduced from 4 ships to 3 (5 to 3 if you consider no replacement for legend in Brisbane).

And no real new itineraries. What's with all the New Zealand cruises, I like to go somewhere warm for my cruises and when I've cruised to NZ (in summer) it's bloody freezing, not to mention you can only do it so many times.

Think it's time to start looking at what other cruise lines have on offer. Was expecting to be wow'd, but just disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope your not alone. We too were hoping for something new we could fit around our biennial trip to see family in WA, but same old same old with more emphasis on ships than port calls doesn't cut it for us.

Waiting for Princess, P&O(AU) and all the various world cruise segments that haven't yet been released for 2019 in the hope that somewhere there are cruises to new places for us.

Am I the only one annoyed by the 2018/2019 Australia release?

I was really expecting a new ship or new itineraries. Instead we get reduced from 4 ships to 3 (5 to 3 if you consider no replacement for legend in Brisbane).

And no real new itineraries. What's with all the New Zealand cruises, I like to go somewhere warm for my cruises and when I've cruised to NZ (in summer) it's bloody freezing, not to mention you can only do it so many times.

Think it's time to start looking at what other cruise lines have on offer. Was expecting to be wow'd, but just disappointed.

After reading the press releases earlier this week, I assume that Royal is not going to compete for space to dock in Sydney. They will not participate in the double stacking that is being promoted for the terminal at Circular Quay. At least, that was my takeaway. :confused:

Was this scheduled? Or emergency?

Well Originally she was supposed to be doing the Korea itinerary this week by going to Seoul and Busan however, due to China having that feud with Korea, she cancelled all the cruises that were supposed to go to Korea and just slotting a drydock into one of the cancelled cruises schedules. She will be out by Wednesday.

200,000 GT is really all we know [emoji853] And the dramatically reduced greenhouse gas emissions would be ideal for Alaska

But 200.000 GT would not be ideal or even possible for most of Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well Originally she was supposed to be doing the Korea itinerary this week by going to Seoul and Busan however, due to China having that feud with Korea, she cancelled all the cruises that were supposed to go to Korea and just slotting a drydock into one of the cancelled cruises schedules. She will be out by Wednesday.

What's going on is a little more than just a "feud" with North Korea :rolleyes::eek:

It depends on the design. Some of the ports have multiple ships in port at the same time so another 1.5K passengers (over existing Explorer for example) should be doable.

the same was said once about the Caribbean (and the Med) [emoji6]

Furthermore, another line is sending their 168,000 GT ship to Alaska in 2018. 200,000 really isn't that significant

Furthermore, another line is sending their 168,000 GT ship to Alaska in 2018. 200,000 really isn't that significant

Where are you getting that Quantum plus ships are 200,000 GT?

Quantum was 168,000 GT and I can't see that making a Quantum ultra would add 32,000 GT to her size.

Icon class was announced at 200,000 GT but those two announced ships won't be due until 2022 and 2024.

Where are you getting that Quantum plus ships are 200,000 GT?

Quantum was 168,000 GT and I can't see that making a Quantum ultra would add 32,000 GT to her size.

Icon class was announced at 200,000 GT but those two announced ships won't be due until 2022 and 2024.

We were talking about Icon not Quantum. Please read prior posts.

And yes, Icon won't be due till 2022

The size restriction for ports and fjords does not refer to GT but to lengths and draft. NCL ships are short and close to Solstice dimensions but Quantum and even Freedom class are much longer.

Maybe it fits, we will see. I prefer going with much smaller ships to small towns and unique places like fjords and glaciers. And a Radiance or Vision class with more than 2,000 people still is a very big ship for places with a few thausand inhabitants. Other suitable sized cruise ships for the Arctic or Antarctic region carry a few hundred passengers max.

The size restriction for ports and fjords does not refer to GT but to lengths and draft. NCL ships are short and close to Solstice dimensions but Quantum and even Freedom class are much longer.

Maybe it fits, we will see. I prefer going with much smaller ships to small towns and unique places like fjords and glaciers. And a Radiance or Vision class with more than 2,000 people still is a very big ship for places with a few thausand inhabitants. Other suitable sized cruise ships for the Arctic or Antarctic region carry a few hundred passengers max.

Restrictions that can be modified between now and 2022. We really know nothing about Icon class or the intentions of these ships so time will tell.

And agreed on the smaller ships. :) but I do enjoy the big ships every once in a while.