No more welcome sparkling wine in AQ?

peter42

Our last few cruises the wine was not in the cabin. Tbe cabin attendants each told us that they had it for us; just let them know when we wanted it & they will bring it with the bucket to chill tge wine.

Talk to your cabin attendant.

Our last few cruises the wine was not in the cabin. Tbe cabin attendants each told us that they had it for us; just let them know when we wanted it & they will bring it with the bucket to chill tge wine.

Talk to your cabin attendant.

This was the case on our last three AQ cruises on the Equinox as well.

Wow! A few thousand dollars for a cruise and a $15 bottle of wine is not in the cabin. Oh No! :loudcry: QUICK! :eek:Before a simple query to the cabin attendant, get a posting off on Cruise Critic asking strangers thousands of miles from the scene. Amazing!

There is absolutely nothing wrong about checking here... I might not like to ask my cabin attendant for something if I'd found out it was discontinued...Like the bottled water one used to receive in Aqua Class. And the OP might get a much quicker answer here if their steward was off duty until tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow! A few thousand dollars for a cruise and a $15 bottle of wine is not in the cabin. Oh No! :loudcry: QUICK! :eek:Before a simple query to the cabin attendant, get a posting off on Cruise Critic asking strangers thousands of miles from the scene. Amazing!

AAAAhhhh to be so perfect Sandtrap...CC is here for our fellow cruisers to ask questions not to be ridiculed.

We did not receive the welcome bottle of sparkling wine in the AQ - did that change or do we just have a bad room attendant?

The new webpage does not list it anymore.

Just ask the room steward, he or she will bring it.That's what I had to do on a recent TA,

This past December was the first cruise that it wasn't waiting for us chilled in the cabin on embarkation. Our stateroom attendant told us he'd bring it on the first evening chic night chilled unless we wanted it sooner. They seem to have changed the automatic delivery to a requested delivery.

AAAAhhhh to be so perfect Sandtrap...CC is here for our fellow cruisers to ask questions not to be ridiculed.

Don't you honestly agree that it is much quicker for the passenger to pick up the phone in his cabin and call the attendant OR guest services and get ONE definitive answer regarding the wine? Or to post it on Cruise Critic and wait for possibly varying answers?

Once more, common sense applies!

So, that's all you had to do is be sarcastic, hope you have a better day today. Please, ruin your own day, not somebody else.

So, that's all you had to do is be sarcastic, hope you have a better day today. Please, ruin your own day, not somebody else.

Nope, just trying to impart some common sense.

Instead of reaching out to an online forum for which could turn out to have several different answers, the issue could be settled very easily and very quickly by picking up the cabin phone and dialing EITHER guest services or the cabin attendant.

It takes a whole lot more than a post on Cruise Critic to ruin my days. Even a 9 over par round of golf in The Villages does not ruin my day! Now, arriving at the Country Club 10 minutes after Happy Hour has ended might bring a tear to my eye!

You might want to try imparting some "common sense" by not being so sarcastic. Your advice will be much more appreciated.

Instead of reaching out to an online forum for which could turn out to have several different answers, the issue could be settled very easily and very quickly by picking up the cabin phone and dialing EITHER guest services or the cabin attendant.

It takes a whole lot more than a post on Cruise Critic to ruin my days. Even a 9 over par round of golf in The Villages does not ruin my day! Now, arriving at the Country Club 10 minutes after Happy Hour has ended might bring a tear to my eye!

Sandtrap,

This is "Facebook for Cruisers". Many post for the sake of posting, even while on the darn ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we received our bottle of sparking wine, it would sit there for days. Same true with other cruisers. On our last few cruises, we were told upon meeting our attendant to indicate which night we wanted the sparkling wine. Not a problem. Not a cut back as he brought up two bottles for the night we asked!

Classic.

You rudely dis the OP, yet you post about your golf game and cheap drinking obsession. What am I missing here?

When we boarded the Solstice in April we did not have sparkling wine in our AQ cabin. I called Guest Services and was told it was never offered for the time she has been on the ship (past 8 months). When our cabin attendant introduced himself he said you now have to request it, which we did. He also told us the daily bottles of water were back so we received 2 bottles per day which was one of the reasons we had booked AQ (but then the daily water was discontinued) since there are no perks in repositioning cruises.

When we boarded the Solstice in April we did not have sparkling wine in our AQ cabin. I called Guest Services and was told it was never offered for the time she has been on the ship (past 8 months). When our cabin attendant introduced himself he said you now have to request it, which we did. He also told us the daily bottles of water were back so we received 2 bottles per day which was one of the reasons we had booked AQ (but then the daily water was discontinued) since there are no perks in repositioning cruises.

Interesting.

We were in AQ on Equinox last week and the cabin steward specifically said we only get the two bottles the first day. Seems like they have substituted the tea for the bottled water.

What concerned me was there was no mention about the sparkling wine. I remembered after a few days and asked the cabin steward. He did bring it at that point. Seems like they should leave a note in the cabin about it on the first day. Seems like Celebrity hopes you wont know and will save a few bottles.

The last night the couple next to us and brought their bottle to dinner. Were offered $35 exchange value for still wine. A lot higher than I would have thought !!! I would never pay $35 for the complimentary sparking wine !!!