Is Rhapsody nice?

DH hates the new mega ships so when he saw the Rhapsody coming to Cape Liberty next May, he booked a B2B on the first 2 cruises. I've been reading the reviews here on CC and some of them are pretty bad. Anyone on her recently can share their opinions as to the condition of the ship, crew, etc.? TIA

DH hates the new mega ships so when he saw the Rhapsody coming to Cape Liberty next May, he booked a B2B on the first 2 cruises. I've been reading the reviews here on CC and some of them are pretty bad. Anyone on her recently can share their opinions as to the condition of the ship, crew, etc.? TIA

Look right above this thread. See the list of all the ships? Just click on Rhapsody of the Seas.

:)

I'm curious about the bad reviews, would you mind posting a link please?

I've been pretty curious myself, when I saw her 5-Day to Canada, I grabbed it for myself and my parents. I also started an all things thread for her.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2347359

Hoping to see more replies in the coming weeks.

We spent 11 nights on Rhapsody last summer in the Mediterranean and had a marvelous time. Well sorta. We were in a junior suite under the Park Cafe and it was very noisy. We were moved to another, quieter cabin and all was good. Avoid being under the Cafe and you will find a lovely ship with a friendly crew. I like the size of Rhapsody. Smaller ships are often overlooked because they don't have all the bells and whistles of the Oasis and Quantum classes but they have a certain charm that cannot be duplicated. I hope you enjoy Rhapsody as much as we did!

We spent 11 nights on Rhapsody last summer in the Mediterranean and had a marvelous time. Well sorta. We were in a junior suite under the Park Cafe and it was very noisy. We were moved to another, quieter cabin and all was good. Avoid being under the Cafe and you will find a lovely ship with a friendly crew. I like the size of Rhapsody. Smaller ships are often overlooked because they don't have all the bells and whistles of the Oasis and Quantum classes but they have a certain charm that cannot be duplicated. I hope you enjoy Rhapsody as much as we did!

Thanks, we love the Grandeur so the Rhapsody should be right up our alley.

I have been on Rhapsody 3 times and now booked on 2 cruises in October! I agree with your husband on the mega ships. I like 2000-2500 max cruisers on

my cruises. I'm not big on bells and whistles and I don't need a roller coaster

on my cruise. You'll love Rhapsody and it will be coming out of Dry Dock

in November! Enjoy your cruises!

Thanks! And it looks like we were lucky with the pricing too. DH booked an oceanview with free tips which actually made it cheaper than an inside. He just got an alert that prices went up by $127 pp. We booked a few days ago and the B2B would cost $508 more today. He said it looks like they raised all the prices on all sailings.

Keep this in mind when reading recent reviews: Rhapsody's South American itinerary was brief. Meaning ... when it hit Valparaiso, it was every two weeks .. twice? So boarding issues, etc. should have been anticipated. Not poor, just learning .. so what?

The buffet food was average and repetitive, but I thought that dinners were very good. As in, not blanded down for 'Mericans. I applauded the creative effort.

Yes, excursions were not cheap because RCI doesn't have regular contracts with the companies. The excursions we took were very good. So find your own, no one was preventing that. And yes, find a cheap beach in February. It's all good.

Weather took out quite a few of our ports, one of which was saved by busing us. If you knew ANYTHING about this itinerary (and we did it 5 years prior), you would know better than to complain, that's the area, weather, experience.

We've cruised her twice and wouldn't hesitate to cruise her again. I've discovered some people will never find anything good to say no matter how good things are (yes I've known people like that and just don't understand it). We love the smaller ships!

Went to cruise critic member reviews here.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=79

I'll try that ship link above.

Only negative I saw was about the food, and that is so subjective I never even consider food opinions.

Edited by clarea

Do you have any idea what the room number was for the room under the Café? I was looking at a JS for one of the cruises

thanks

Do you have any idea what the room number was for the room under the Café? I was looking at a JS for one of the cruises

thanks

You should be OK on the starboard side, aft of the centrum. Park Cafe is on the port side.

Our noisy JS under the Park Cafe kitchens was 8078. Our cabin attendant said several other people in nearby cabins also had a hard time dealing with the activity from early morning upstairs food prep and clean-up (so it wasn't only us with "sensitive" ears :p ) I'd be careful about booking portside JS in the vicinity of 8078. Having said that, however, the food at Park Cafe is fabulous!!! We ate there for lunch and late afternoon several times and found the food to be imaginative and delicious.

Two of our best cruise experiences were on the Rhapsody. So when she came up as sailing out of Quebec, we booked it immediately.

(although, not fast enough, as we didn't get the desired cabin- one day late)

One needs to read the reviews to understand why people had a bad time.

Especially when you look at the numbers of reviews- a large number of the poor ratings were the South American cruises, and the ones I read- it mostly wasn't about the ship.

Take it as you will. If people start canceling, that will mean our cabin price will drop. :D

My wife and I booked JS 8598 on the Rhapsody for next April. We have never been on a vision-class ship. Has anyone stayed in that stateroom or vicinity? If so, any comments? Is it a good room?

Edited by CruiseTobey

My wife and I booked JS 8598 on the Rhapsody for next April. We have never been on a vision-class ship. Has anyone stayed in that stateroom or vicinity? If so, any comments? Is it a good room?

Lucky you! Yours is an aft balcony JS. Our friends were in the corner aft next door and we had the corner aft on the opposite side. This was on Vision but Rhapsody's aft is the same. Being in an aft JS is wonderful wonderful wonderful. Great big deep balconies and a magnificent view of the wake. You scored big. Enjoy!!!!

I think it's an excellent stateroom, enjoy the huge balcony.:)