Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

With the port bookings for Allure, Oasis and Harmony at St. Maarten and the port booking for Serenade at Le Havre, I have updated deployment predictions.

2017 Summer Deployment predictions based on 2016-17 deployment.

Deployment confirmed to great degree.

Adventure, year-round San Juan

Anthem, year-round Bayonne

Enchantment, year-round Miami

Explorer, returns to Seattle home-port

Grandeur, year-round Baltimore deployment

Harmony, year-round Port Everglades deployment

Legend, China, returns to Hong Kong home-port

Majesty, year-round Port Canaveral deployment

Mariner, China, returns to Shanghai from Singapore

Quantum, China, year-round Shanghai home-port

Radiance, returns to Vancouver home-port

Rhapsody, European deployment, Civitavecchia home-port.

Vision, returns to Venice home-port

Voyager, returns to Singapore

Deployment Likely

Allure, Port Everglades *until September

Liberty, year-round Galveston

Oasis, year-round Port Canaveral

Ovation, China Beijing deployment. *Singapore leg confirmed

Serenade, European deployment, Copenhagen

Speculated deployment

Brilliance, European deployment, Barcelona likely

Freedom, European deployment, Barcelona likely

Indy, European deployment, Southampton likely

Jewel, European deployment *Venice?

Navigator, European deployment, Southampton likely

Interesting finds MADflyer. Maybe we will actually see an earlier deployment release this year! Makes sense too, as there shouldn't be that many "surprises".

I wonder where Allure could be going... Could they be sending her to Asia? I would guess that she'd be leaving the Caribbean if she is no longer visiting St. Maarten, because even if they altered the Eastern itinerary, I doubt that they would drop St. Maarten.

I think that Allure and Oasis will each need mini- dry docks to update to Harmony standards with D/D+ lounge move, Wonderland and deck 4 solo cabins, but not sure about that.

My first thought was Sept. PE to Barcelona to Dubai to Singapore to Sydney.

This would allow Explorer or Ovation to not return to Sydney I guess. Have not thought this trough fully, but could Explorer do Trans-canals?

I think that Allure and Oasis will each need mini- dry docks to update to Harmony standards with D/D+ lounge move, Wonderland and deck 4 solo cabins, but not sure about that.

This would allow Explorer or Ovation to not return to Sydney I guess. Have not thought this trough fully, but could Explorer do Trans-canals?

If you are referring to Panama Canal, not yet.

I doubt they will do Wonderland on Oasis until they evaluate its success on Harmony. They will probably need to do a mini dry dock for slides though

Interesting finds MADflyer. Maybe we will actually see an earlier deployment release this year! Makes sense too, as there shouldn't be that many "surprises".

I wonder where Allure could be going... Could they be sending her to Asia? I would guess that she'd be leaving the Caribbean if she is no longer visiting St. Maarten, because even if they altered the Eastern itinerary, I doubt that they would drop St. Maarten.

Why would they not drop St Maarten? It's music to my ears because it's my favourite port of the Oasis class ports.

If they send Allure to Asia I will be MAD! :( :mad:

She is such a great ship and I know that if she is based in China she'll be ruined. I don't think they should be sending ships to Asia anyway and please read THIS review to learn why that's my opinion.

Edited by Joe12

If they send Allure to Asia I will be MAD! :( :mad:

She is such a great ship and I know that if she is based in China she'll be ruined. I don't think they should be sending ships to Asia anyway and please read THIS review to learn why that's my opinion.

We had much the same experience when we took Quantum from NJ to Shanghai. Fortunately, it was only the last leg that had a lot of Chinese. That made us decide we will never cruise out of China when the majority are Chinese.

If you are referring to Panama Canal, not yet.

Hi travelgoddess... you might be interested in this thread and Bill's fantastic explanation regarding the Canal and Voyager Class:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47333683#post47333683

Also scroll up to see some dialogue and a picture from 1913 only a few months before the completion of the canal.

Hi travelgoddess... you might be interested in this thread and Bill's fantastic explanation regarding the Canal and Voyager Class:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47333683#post47333683

Also scroll up to see some dialogue and a picture from 1913 only a few months before the completion of the canal.

Thanks, I'll check it out. :)

Indeed. I know it is cultural differences, but some of it is really hard to deal with. When Quantum did a cooking demo and put out the food for people to taste, the Chinese took one tasting spoon to taste every dish. Needless to say, we passed.

IMO, it is more than just a cultural difference. I am saddened by the OP's experience.

Summer 2017? Here is what I want them to do:

Ovation= Seattle/Sydney/San Francisco

Anthem= Bayonne

Quantum= China/Singapore

Harmony= Port Everglades

Allure= Barcelona/Port Everglades

Oasis= Port Canaveral

Independence= Southampton/San Juan

Liberty= Galveston

Freedom= Port Everglades

Mariner= Singapore/Sydney

Navigator= Civitavecchia/Miami

Adventure= Southampton (Baltic summer, Canaries winter)

Explorer= Barcelona/Sao Paulo

Voyager= Sydney

Jewel= San Juan

Serenade= Vancouver/San Diego/Brisbane

Brilliance=Northern Europe/Boston/Port Everglades

Radiance=Baltimore

Vision= Venice/Dubai

Enchantment= Miami

Rhapsody= Port Canaveral

Grandeur= Port Everglades

See the idea? I would scale back in China BIG TIME!! :eek: and Goodbye to Legend and Majesty!

Edited by Joe12

With the port bookings for Allure, Oasis and Harmony at St. Maarten and the port booking for Serenade at Le Havre, I have updated deployment predictions.

2017 Summer Deployment predictions based on 2016-17 deployment.

Deployment confirmed to great degree.

Adventure, year-round San Juan

Anthem, year-round Bayonne

Enchantment, year-round Miami

Explorer, returns to Seattle home-port

Grandeur, year-round Baltimore deployment

Harmony, year-round Port Everglades deployment

Legend, China, returns to Hong Kong home-port

Majesty, year-round Port Canaveral deployment

Mariner, China, returns to Shanghai from Singapore

Quantum, China, year-round Shanghai home-port

Radiance, returns to Vancouver home-port

Rhapsody, European deployment, Civitavecchia home-port.

Vision, returns to Venice home-port

Voyager, returns to Singapore

Deployment Likely

Allure, Port Everglades *until September

Liberty, year-round Galveston

Oasis, year-round Port Canaveral

Ovation, China Beijing deployment. *Singapore leg confirmed

Serenade, European deployment, Copenhagen

Speculated deployment

Brilliance, European deployment, Barcelona likely

Freedom, European deployment, Barcelona likely

Indy, European deployment, Southampton likely

Jewel, European deployment *Venice?

Navigator, European deployment, Southampton likely

Ugh. That would mean no Freedom or Voyager class ships out of Florida. I guess Liberty out of Galveston or Adventure out of San Juan would be the only options for Caribbean cruises on these two classss.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Ugh. That would mean no Freedom or Voyager class ships out of Florida. I guess Liberty out of Galveston or Adventure out of San Juan would be the only options for Caribbean cruises on these two classss.

I would imaging that a couple of the Freedom class or Voyager class ships might return from Europe for the winter season in Florida with some new features, including waterslides.

Summer 2017? Here is what I want them to do:

Ovation= Seattle/Sydney/San Francisco

Anthem= Bayonne

Quantum= China/Singapore

Harmony= Port Everglades

Allure= Barcelona/Port Everglades

Oasis= Port Canaveral

Independence= Southampton/San Juan

Liberty= Galveston

Freedom= Port Everglades

Mariner= Singapore/Sydney

Navigator= Civitavecchia/Miami

Adventure= Southampton (Baltic summer, Canaries winter)

Explorer= Barcelona/Sao Paulo

Voyager= Sydney

Jewel= San Juan

Serenade= Vancouver/San Diego/Brisbane

Brilliance=Northern Europe/Boston/Port Everglades

Radiance=Baltimore

Vision= Venice/Dubai

Enchantment= Miami

Rhapsody= Port Canaveral

Grandeur= Port Everglades

See the idea? I would scale back in China BIG TIME!! :eek: and Goodbye to Legend and Majesty!

I have no problem with your opinion, but that's simply not going to happen, as much as we all would want it to.

I would imaging that a couple of the Freedom class or Voyager class ships might return from Europe for the winter season in Florida with some new features, including waterslides.

Do you think they'll have a ship back in Miami to do those 5/9 night itineraries again? And it looks like you think Majesty will stay past April of 2016... But if not, that could result in some deployment changes in order to get a weekend ship to PC?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Do you think they'll have a ship back in Miami to do those 5/9 night itineraries again? And it looks like you think Majesty will stay past April of 2016... But if not, that could result in some deployment changes in order to get a weekend ship to PC?

Freedom has just been booked at Grand Cayman from November 2017, so it looks like she is back for winter season out of PE.

I really hope those 5/9 sailings become a fixture and while Navigator could do them for 2017-18 and 2018-19, I am really hoping they are considering that for Quantum 4 seasonally to compete at some level with NCL, MSC and Virgin and maintain a position at Miami. NCL is taking on RCI at both Tampa and PC, so RCI at Miami makes sense.

I think the Majesty situation is just related to the secondary cruise market in Europe. I somehow feel the decision for the TUI 1 and 2 to leave the fleet and along with all the new builds for TUI, led to a strategic shift for a few years.

I also think the Majesty decision actually had to do with getting Rhapsody to Europe and not Majesty to PC.

Freedom has just been booked at Grand Cayman from November 2017, so it looks like she is back for winter season out of PE.

I really hope those 5/9 sailings become a fixture and while Navigator could do them for 2017-18 and 2018-19, I am really hoping they are considering that for Quantum 4 seasonally to compete at some level with NCL, MSC and Virgin and maintain a position at Miami. NCL is taking on RCI at both Tampa and PC, so RCI at Miami makes sense.

I think the Majesty situation is just related to the secondary cruise market in Europe. I somehow feel the decision for the TUI 1 and 2 to leave the fleet and along with all the new builds for TUI, led to a strategic shift for a few years.

I also think the Majesty decision actually had to do with getting Rhapsody to Europe and not Majesty to PC.

I like, and agree with, your thinking pertaining to 9/5 night itineraries in Miami.

Why don't they listen to what their loyal customers want anyway?

They took Voyager and Mariner, two very popular ships and stripped them away from the US market and technically ruined them, especially the latter. Then they strip the Quantum rather than just not calling in Bermuda and what do they do with Ovation?

Oh, and also Legend is back in Asia too.

They are really RCCL, Royal China Cruise Line.

Why don't they listen to what their loyal customers want anyway?

They took Voyager and Mariner, two very popular ships and stripped them away from the US market and technically ruined them, especially the latter. Then they strip the Quantum rather than just not calling in Bermuda and what do they do with Ovation?

Oh, and also Legend is back in Asia too.

They are really RCCL, Royal China Cruise Line.

Of course it's just a business and like all businesses it exists to make money for its shareholders. Royal have evidently held the view that they could make more money operating ships in Asia rather than in other markets.

As the Chinese economy continues to weaken, however, I believe Royal and the other cruise lines operating in China will be disappointed. The devaluation of the Yuan and their stock market issues are also negatives.

The deployment of more ships to China may stop or even reverse as a result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk